Wyvern Forums

Review Wyvern Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Arcade
Go Back   Wyvern Forums > Archive > Wyvern Forums Archive > General
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chatbox Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General For serious discussions about general Wyvern topics.

Old 01-16-2012, 06:00 PM

Xerxes has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Yeah, I know how to do all these things to a web page as well. I didn't think about styling it like Wyvern's fonts/colors though, so good idea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullfrogz View Post
I like the look of it. I already contacted Xerxes about hosting since my student hosting is being used for my job portfolio. I expressed interest in my first post that making the letter look "Wyvernish" would be a nice touch. So if your willing to work with the final copy when that time comes I would be appreciative.

"Strike the earth!" - Dwarf Fortress

Xerxes the Human Hall of Famer (Level 28)
Shatter the Dwarven Hall of Famer (Level 28)
Rumor the Rakshasa Hall of Famer (Level 25)
Old 01-16-2012, 08:35 PM

Bullfrogz has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via AIM to Bullfrogz Send a message via MSN to Bullfrogz

Here is my current plan. We have almost reached another checkpoint of 75 signatures, which is amazing. It means people have been spreading the word so I thank you all.

I would like to reach 100 but since the signatures have been slowing down, I'm going to cut off signatures next weekend. My plan is to submit it via email/google+ Monday the 23rd, so Xerxes and I have the weekend to finalize the website (it takes a good bit of manual work), and Monday is the start of a work week so it will hopefully raise the chances Rhialto check's his emails or google+ profile and increase the odds of our voices being heard.

The document will stay open past the submit date for anyone who comes late to the party can still sign. There is a good chance your signature will still be seen even after the website is finalized because the site will link to the original google document page, where the signatures new or old can still be seen.

So we have one more week to reach the 100 signature mark. If it is really close when the 23rd rolls around I might delay, but I want to get this ship sailed soon, so I'm relying on you guys to get the word out for one more week.

Thank you everyone, and remember Monday the 23rd.

EDIT: Almost forgot. The letter will look different than the document. Your signature will be next to your player name if you provided one, and next to "Anonymous" if you did not. The original google document will still have the emails attached to prove it was actually 75+ people signing and not just one really bored person.

If you have already signed and did not provide your character name, and you would like that to show up instead of Anonymous, I welcome you to go back and put it next to your email in the format everyone else has been following. If you want one name over the other on the final copy, make it the FIRST name in the list of character names you provided.

Thanks again.

Last edited by Bullfrogz : 01-16-2012 at 08:42 PM.
Old 01-16-2012, 08:47 PM

Rakunta has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Applaud you guys for the amount of signatures on this beast of a letter. Seeing it shows the dedication of a great community. I know I have moved on, but seeing the game come back will be great to visit and see those few that made the game great in the first place.
Old 01-17-2012, 12:52 AM
Player Mod

Rarkvar has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Just keep in mind that Rhialto has been known to have a delayed response to our Arch-Wizards. So where this is a great idea, it may take a few weeks to a few months before we get a response. It's still a great idea, and will probably mean a lot to him when he gets to it. I'm sure he has a lot going on in his personal life as well, so just keep that in mind. I seriously doubt we will get a response in the first week of it being sent.
Old 01-17-2012, 02:47 AM

JBlak has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Maybe you should edit your first post to include the deadline.
Old 01-24-2012, 06:21 AM

Justice has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Hi Everyone!
I sure miss dropping on to see what's new and chatting with all of you.
Old 01-24-2012, 05:37 PM

I have submitted the letter to Rhialto. Here is the link that he will see, made by Xerxes - http://tinyurl.com/DearRhialto/

Any additional signatures will be added still, because it is unknown when or if he will actually read it. But since it is past submission date, don't feel bad if your's isn't seen. Also if you find anything you would like to change in your signature, message Xersex with the changes and he will take care of them.

Any replies I receive personally will be passed on to you guys here. Thank you all for signing for those who did and wish for the best.
Old 01-24-2012, 06:01 PM
Player Mod

Irlazy has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Looks awesome. Great job guys now lets see if it works.
Old 01-24-2012, 09:40 PM
Player Mod

Rarkvar has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Some messed with the google document file...
Old 01-24-2012, 10:09 PM

Trayr is trapped in an Inn behind a dozen clones

I rolled it back as best as I could. Here is what the letter was changed to.

"How do you like the player letter now “Arilou”?
I think it’s cruel of you to give these players false hope.
And you’ll never find me, I shall remain Unkown.
MOVE ON PLAYERS!!!"

If anyone else can fix it please do.
Old 01-25-2012, 02:19 AM

Kama has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Sigh. Well, that's saddening.

It looks pretty much intact now, minus the formatting - and the e-mails. Glad it happened after the webpage was done.

Edit: I cleaned up the formatting on the signatures a little bit. 'Bout all I can do.

Last edited by Kama : 01-25-2012 at 02:27 AM.
Old 01-25-2012, 07:26 AM

Odolf has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

I tacked the backup i had on the bottom of the thing, i didn't have everyones' signatures though, sorry about that. Obviously it's not neat or anything, i just pasted it there. Do whatever you think would be best or delete it completely.
Old 01-25-2012, 08:50 AM

Frosten has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trayr View Post
I rolled it back as best as I could. Here is what the letter was changed to.

"How do you like the player letter now “Arilou”?
I think it’s cruel of you to give these players false hope.
And you’ll never find me, I shall remain Unkown.
MOVE ON PLAYERS!!!"

If anyone else can fix it please do.
I have an idea who did this >.> and Jeremiah had already been backing it up, I asked him about it when this whole thing started.

Glacio (Frost Giant Axeman) (level 30)
Then (Human Mage) (level 28)
Shoot (Rakshasa Caveman) (level 26)
Magiz (Halfling Enchanter) (level 26)
Patron (Human Conjurer) (level 25)
Dboss (Halfling Rogue) (level 25)
Old 01-25-2012, 10:01 AM

Trayr is trapped in an Inn behind a dozen clones

Well in the message Unknown, (or Unkown as he typed it) was underlined so yeah...
Old 01-25-2012, 10:50 AM
Wizardess

Teshuvah has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trayr View Post
Well in the message Unknown, (or Unkown as he typed it) was underlined so yeah...
He never was very bright.

It's sad that something players did, not wizards (we're used to being attacked) would be bothered by another so-called player (who hasnt played in years). Sorry guys.

Hope one of you had a good backup. (and the web page is what R was given the link to anyway)

Just tell folks at the top to send their signatures (or a copy of) to bullfrogz and he can work it out to get them onto the web page through Xerxes.
Old 01-25-2012, 09:19 PM

This is actually hilarious... why would you wait to mess with the letter after a permanent un-editable copy without public access was already made and sent to Rhialto... Guess some people are not very bright.

I have a backup, I'll go about fixing it making sure it looks the way it did. I cross checked the current google doc and the website and it looks like everything is there but if you notice your signature missing or not the way it was, you can easily copy paste it back from the letter's website or just let me know.

Sorry guys, a known danger doing a letter this way was one person trying to ruin it for all. But all your signatures are on the letter Rhialto would read so no need to worry.

EDIT: Also thank you to all of you who took the time to fix it. I have been real busy with school work and have not been able to check the document or forums as much. So thanks again.
Old 01-26-2012, 09:47 AM

Steovanni has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

"Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /~mso/wyvern.php on this server."

Site inaccessible. Probably should fix it asap as R might not be able to access it either.

Edit: Seems the web host is experience difficulties:

"Web Server Downtime
Tonight, the web server ran out of swap space and is currently experiencing downtime.

Since there are updates pending on the server, rebooting it runs the risk of it not booting up properly afterwards.

Work on the (much more powerful) virtual machine that will become the new web server began a week ago, and staff will meet this Saturday to finish it. "

Last edited by Steovanni : 01-26-2012 at 10:13 AM.
Old 01-26-2012, 08:57 PM

Response:

Rhialto - It's a lovely letter. I can't promise anything, but I have started up some discussions about potential solutions.
It helps to know that there are so many people who want it back.

Me - Is there anything you would like me to tell the members of the forums waiting for a response? If you would like to tell them yourself the active forum is http://www.wyvernrpg.com/forum/index.php if not I can convey a message.

Rhialto - You can tell them that everyone at work is so impressed with your letter that they all want to see the game now, and they're pressuring me to take the time to get it back online. So now I can't even avoid it at work.
Old 01-26-2012, 11:16 PM

Frosten has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullfrogz View Post
Response:

Rhialto - It's a lovely letter. I can't promise anything, but I have started up some discussions about potential solutions.
It helps to know that there are so many people who want it back.

Me - Is there anything you would like me to tell the members of the forums waiting for a response? If you would like to tell them yourself the active forum is http://www.wyvernrpg.com/forum/index.php if not I can convey a message.

Rhialto - You can tell them that everyone at work is so impressed with your letter that they all want to see the game now, and they're pressuring me to take the time to get it back online. So now I can't even avoid it at work.
If that isn't good news, I don't know what is. It almost quelled my anger of the atrocious refereeing of the IU Wisconsin game.

Glacio (Frost Giant Axeman) (level 30)
Then (Human Mage) (level 28)
Shoot (Rakshasa Caveman) (level 26)
Magiz (Halfling Enchanter) (level 26)
Patron (Human Conjurer) (level 25)
Dboss (Halfling Rogue) (level 25)
Old 01-27-2012, 01:24 AM
Player Mod

Halloween has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Sounds promising enough.