Wyvern Forums

Review Wyvern Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Arcade
Go Back   Wyvern Forums > Archive > Wyvern Forums Archive > General
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chatbox Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General For serious discussions about general Wyvern topics.

Old 10-09-2010, 10:38 PM

Syx has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Can anyone login or connect to cabochon.com?

Seems something in Seattle spluttered and died about 12hrs ago, haven't been able to connect since.

Ok, wyvern isn't down? I can connect to the cabochon if I go through a Euro based proxy.

Soooo.. either someone permabanned my ip for no obvious reason, or something close to the server has turned into a data black hole.
Old 10-10-2010, 11:23 AM
Wizardess

Teshuvah has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syx View Post
Can anyone login or connect to cabochon.com?

Seems something in Seattle spluttered and died about 12hrs ago, haven't been able to connect since.

Ok, wyvern isn't down? I can connect to the cabochon if I go through a Euro based proxy.

Soooo.. either someone permabanned my ip for no obvious reason, or something close to the server has turned into a data black hole.
There is some dns problem, you can connect by changing www.cabochon.com to 207.229.97.12 on the connect screen where it says game server. You can also reach the web page by putting that in your browser.
Old 10-10-2010, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teshuvah View Post
There is some dns problem, you can connect by changing www.cabochon.com to 207.229.97.12 on the connect screen where it says game server. You can also reach the web page by putting that in your browser.
Thanks for looking into it Tesh. This doesn't seem to be my problem though. I tried with that ip and various other ip's on cortland and can't get through to any of them.

I've traced the issue. As always I have a completely clean feed all the way across the world to Seattle, but as soon as I step off the internet backbone onto cortlands machines I hit issues. For the last day or two the issue is that I hit a complete wall, I can't even raise the cortland web homepage.
Old 10-11-2010, 12:25 PM
Wizardess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syx View Post
Thanks for looking into it Tesh. This doesn't seem to be my problem though. I tried with that ip and various other ip's on cortland and can't get through to any of them.

I've traced the issue. As always I have a completely clean feed all the way across the world to Seattle, but as soon as I step off the internet backbone onto cortlands machines I hit issues. For the last day or two the issue is that I hit a complete wall, I can't even raise the cortland web homepage.
Yeah we are aware that the issue is not the server, but the internet provider Cortland, that's not news, they've had problems now for weeks.

I have no idea what the issue is for you, other players are logging in normally just fine and others that cant are able to using the dns in the server spot that I gave you without any problems.

Keep trying putting the dns number I gave you in the server slot on the log in screen since that is the current solution.

Yes, the IP is having problems (thats cortland) but we get around it by using the direct dns as I said since it's a dns issue/error. If that doesn't work for you I have no idea what else to offer for help.
Old 10-11-2010, 06:00 PM
Wizardess

It appears the problem was resolved this afternoon and we no longer need the dns # to log in.
Old 10-12-2010, 11:05 PM

I guess I should post the conclusion to this story...

After a couple of days of the problem not fixing itself I looked a bit closer. Turned out cortland was happy to talk to any machine in the whole world... except me. So I change my ip (slightly irritating as not on full dynamic) and I can connect again. I would be curious to know why they kicked my ip, given I did nothing malicious against their machines,.. oh well. I would give my opinion of cortlands' proffesionallism, but it seems you are already aware..:>

In conclusion: Problem fixed. The End. Yay.