Wyvern Forums

Review Wyvern Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Arcade
Go Back   Wyvern Forums > Archive > Wyvern Forums Archive > Wyvern Help
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chatbox Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Wyvern Help Ask, answer, and provide information regarding the game or forum.

Old 03-20-2011, 01:55 AM

Steovanni has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crier View Post
So, there are no massive axes, FW doesn't cap at 20 but no one really knows if it is worth it or not (last I knew it didn't cap). I wouldn't do stone giant, they get massive hp yes, however, they are really slow, and axes aren't the fastest of weapons. If you want a smith I would just use a dwarf sio much easier to be able to train fully and smith at the same time.
Once you hit the cap, all weapons hit the same speed. Possibly hit the same speed before and after as you hit the cap too so it doesn't really matter which weapon, speed-wise that is.

And I doubt any new smithable weapons/armour will come out, seeing as the wizard responsible for blacksmithing is no longer active. Unless another wizard decides to take up the job, of course.
Old 03-20-2011, 02:12 AM

thedib has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

I think thhat was the case when I played before as well, if all else fails there's always the cavie or paladin options
Old 03-20-2011, 12:29 PM

neverquit has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

..... light balanced electrinum axe i made 3 of those in my life LOL you need alot of axes for a better chance for light stuff im not sure what BS boosts i did some tests if BS helps dish out more balanced and i still got 1 balanced every 25 trys sometimes 30+ trys til balanced but more weapon skill the better chance for light stuff, gave 1 to dioxide, 1 to clipce he still has it :O!!! and the last 1..... i broke it while going 100+ in rd's lol should of bought a gem axe ._., when it broke i got sooooo mad when it broke..... it looked so cool..... Light balanced electrinum axe.... seeing it gave me goose bumps, now my +5 electrinum club gives me goose bumps, i want a +6 like peacy that thing is sweeeeet xD
Old 03-20-2011, 04:53 PM

Frosten has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

How do you know for sure Trayr? everyone has always gone under the assumption that find weakness caps at 20. However, I know that a select few (such as Dracco when he told me) trained even more into it to do even more damage. I'm not 100% sure about it, but I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't cap at 20.

Anyways, for smithing, just to let you know how much BS+weapon skill you need, for diamond the "perfection level" is 60, which means to make a diamond weapon 100% of the time, you have to have at least 60 points combined. for electrinum, the perfection level is 70. You can only make light/balanced after you have passed the perfection level.

Dwarves are normally favored for the job, seeing that they receive +8 more axe/blacksmith than a stone giant. You also have rings of the perfect axeman for +6 more axe, and blacksmith gloves for +3 more blacksmith. from guild/natural/items you already have 32 points combined. train 25 axes at level 25 and you will have 57, then you only need to train 13 blacksmith to make regular electrinum. with 10 over diamond's perfection level, you can make light diamonds and balanced diamonds sometimes. Hope this helps out a bit.

Glacio (Frost Giant Axeman) (level 30)
Then (Human Mage) (level 28)
Shoot (Rakshasa Caveman) (level 26)
Magiz (Halfling Enchanter) (level 26)
Patron (Human Conjurer) (level 25)
Dboss (Halfling Rogue) (level 25)
Old 03-20-2011, 09:20 PM
Wizardess

Teshuvah has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosten View Post
How do you know for sure Trayr? everyone has always gone under the assumption that find weakness caps at 20. However, I know that a select few (such as Dracco when he told me) trained even more into it to do even more damage. I'm not 100% sure about it, but I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't cap at 20.
If it doesnt cap at 20 it's a bug.
Old 03-21-2011, 12:06 AM
Player Mod

Irlazy has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Take my advice on this and don't "make" a black smith. Make a normal axe user (I advise dwarf if you want to smith), HoF, and then retrain. It will be semi expensive but I tried to HoF a smith and it got too hard and I had to retrain full fighter then retrain back to a smith so i could HoF. If you get your dwerfy to 25 then you have 25 trained axes, 4 from natural ability, 6 from perfect axe rings, and 10 from guild giving you 45 total weapon skill and the 25 blacksmith trained, 4 from natural ability, 5 from guild, and 3 from gloves giving you 37 smith skill totaling to 82 total blacksmithing skill to smith with. That means that at HoF you could have something lie 25axes, 20str, 15 healing, 5 merchant, 5 findweakness, and 5 spirit travel. Untrain the ST, FW, and 5 healing and you can max out your smith rate for elec or untrain some strength too and go higher on BS. Not sure if that would help your balanced elec rate (imagine it would) but it makes it so you can still train pretty effectively AND smith whatever you want whenever you have the slabs. Until 25 you will still be able to make mithril axes with natural/guild/bs gloves without trainins a single BS skill point. Anyway most of what I said was already said but just wanted to share what I think about trying to make a BS from level 1. And it will be expensive to retrain but it is easily managable to do it ( I am a poor person and I have retrained between BS and fighter 4 times since level 23... thought that could be why I am always poor too...)
Old 03-21-2011, 09:34 AM

Durango has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Unless it was changed I think there is something where if you have 5 axe skill over your blacksmithing, then only the axe skill up to 5 points over your blacksmithing will count towards making axes. So say you have 15 blacksmithing and 25 axe skill only 20 of the axe skill will count.

Also the reason there are no "massive axes" is because the ones you craft are already two-handed so in a way they are already massive axes. So humans and dwarves already make the two handed variety of axe.
Old 03-21-2011, 05:06 PM

Crier has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via AIM to Crier

The signs in vesimas say bs skill should be half.

Atleast I think so, trayr probally knows better then me though.

>___>
"Big Brother in the form of an increasingly powerful government and in an increasingly powerful private sector will pile the records high with reasons why privacy should give way to national security, to law and order [...] and the like." - Justice William O. Douglas

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security would deserve neither and lose both." -Benjamin Franklin
Old 03-22-2011, 07:45 AM

Frosten has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crier View Post
The signs in vesimas say bs skill should be half.

Atleast I think so, trayr probally knows better then me though.

>___>
Obviously, since he's been playing so much longer than you and all. But you are right. Say you have 15 bs, only 30 axe skill would work.

Glacio (Frost Giant Axeman) (level 30)
Then (Human Mage) (level 28)
Shoot (Rakshasa Caveman) (level 26)
Magiz (Halfling Enchanter) (level 26)
Patron (Human Conjurer) (level 25)
Dboss (Halfling Rogue) (level 25)