Wyvern Forums

Review Wyvern Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Arcade
Go Back   Wyvern Forums > Archive > Wyvern Forums Archive > Suggestions
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chatbox Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Suggestions Post any suggestions for new Wyvern content here that is too complicated to explain in the idea log or that you want to first get feedback on from other players.

Old 12-20-2008, 04:33 PM

Godhand has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Default Archers Guild is too Weak

Archers are seriously underpowered, they need more bonus from the archers guild.

The bonus from archers guild suck, when you look at it archers get:
+1 range every lvl ~ ranged weapons are very weak, doesn't help much
+1 dodge every two lvl ~ somewhat useless
+1 forestry every lvl ~ useless skill, why walk when u can fly?

Then there is the guild negatives:
-5 in all four Magical Arts ~ major disadvantage
-5 points in the Melee skill ~ doesn't affect much

As you can see the negatives far outweigh the bonuses, because they don't get any good bonuses, they get no hp,mp bonuses. Negatives in magical arts makes you waste skill points in order to cast spells. Archers fire slow and on top of that they do low damage. The +10 range will help, but it won't make a huge difference.

Idea to improve archers:
-5 to evocation,conjuration ~ archers shouldn't be able to cast offensive spells
-0 to incantation,enchantment ~ lets archers cast defensive spells like resists,healing,dispels,teleport,paralyze,sca re monster ect
+1 find-weakness every two levels ~ something to help their weak damage
increase arrows damage ~ Arrows are by far one of the weakest weapons in the game, not only they are weak, the fire slow too,

the average meleer attacks twice as fast as an archer while doing much more damage. bows/arrows get no damage bonuses from strength, that leaves archers with only two skills that raises damage, find-weakness and ranged. Archers desperately need better arrows/bolts.

Last edited by Godhand : 12-20-2008 at 05:09 PM.
Old 12-20-2008, 04:41 PM

Crier has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via AIM to Crier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godhand View Post
Archers are seriously underpowered, they need more bonus from the archers guild.

The bonus from archers guild suck, when you look at it archers get:
+10 range every lvl ~ ranged weapons are very weak, doesn't help much
HAHAHAHAHAHA Ranged is the whole focus of the guild, I didn't bother to read the rest of it, this line just made me laugh at this whole thing. You are saying ranged weapons suck, yet you want to be an archer? You are saying ranged doesn't help...yet....you join the guild that focuses on ranged?
"Big Brother in the form of an increasingly powerful government and in an increasingly powerful private sector will pile the records high with reasons why privacy should give way to national security, to law and order [...] and the like." - Justice William O. Douglas

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security would deserve neither and lose both." -Benjamin Franklin
Old 12-20-2008, 05:10 PM

that was a typo, and play an archer before you make your useless comments. And by the way if you don't wanna read the rest of it, then why post a message? who cares what you have to say, if you don't have anything useful to say, don't say it.

O and in case you didn't understand, i was pointing out how weak ranged weapons are and that +10 in range doesn't improve damage as much as +10 swords or other melee weapons.

Last edited by Godhand : 12-20-2008 at 05:20 PM.
Old 12-20-2008, 08:15 PM
Wizard

Valkon has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

http://www.wyvernrpg.com/forum/showp...4&postcount=12
Old 12-21-2008, 10:23 AM
Forum Admin

Binyamin has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Basically, what Tesh's post in that other thread says is that if you're incapable of playing an archer correctly, it's YOUR fault. Archers do not need beefing.

Go learn how to play. And stop trying to bluster at Crier. He don't care, and it just makes *ME* notice you. ((evil Binya-smile))
Old 12-21-2008, 01:26 PM

Joca has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

It's not that they're hard

They just aren't as easy as the others

They're probably one of the easiest actually, up until the higher levels
Old 12-21-2008, 03:40 PM

I didn't say archers are hard to play or that I can't play archers, its just that archers are ridiculously weak compared to mages or meleers. Archers can't pk, no chance at lqs, and train much slower than mages or meleers do to their slow firing rate and low damage. People don't complain about archers if there is nothing wrong with them, you know.
Old 12-21-2008, 04:30 PM
Wizardess

Teshuvah has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godhand View Post
I didn't say archers are hard to play or that I can't play archers, its just that archers are ridiculously weak compared to mages or meleers. Archers can't pk, no chance at lqs, and train much slower than mages or meleers do to their slow firing rate and low damage. People don't complain about archers if there is nothing wrong with them, you know.
People complain about a lot of things when there is nothing wrong with it.
Not all races are going to be good at everything or equal in everything.
So best to not compare them.
Old 12-23-2008, 12:44 PM

Dioxide has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Blame hydras for stab resistant monsters =p
It is my fame
that put the gods in shame
I am the archangel of Death
2008-11-24 13:50:01 Dioxide – killed by a Poison property for dioxide
Old 12-23-2008, 07:11 PM

Icy has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

How are they "ridiculously weak"? I've brma'ed at least one of my magey friends. I don't mind that archers tend to be disadvantaged in pk and lq's.

And dodge *does* have its advantages, especially when you're scrunched up in a tight space with a dragon.

Last edited by Icy : 12-23-2008 at 07:16 PM.
Old 12-24-2008, 03:45 AM

Machuno Besar has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

I remember Arisu getting pretty far in a PK LQ.
Old 12-24-2008, 11:42 AM

Logwad has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via AIM to Logwad Send a message via MSN to Logwad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machuno Besar View Post
I remember Arisu getting pretty far in a PK LQ.
But how many did she actually kill? :)
Old 12-24-2008, 04:33 PM
Wizard

Arisu has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Being a PK archer was so fun, I recommend to anyone who thinks they could do it.
Log - I got a killing spree in that lq because everyone was damaging each other and if someone looked weakened I could pick them off from a distance. Came down to me and dw, and dw won. I should have tried to kill him with a thunderstorm wand when his resists wore off, if anything, because there was no possible way missiles would beat a high level spam healer like that. Which brings me to this - When I was archer, the only time I ever felt truly unfairly weak was when fighting someone who heals. A couple people, at lower levels than me, could absorb all the arrows I owned and then sit on them in the arena with nothing I could do about it. But, you learn to pick your battles and find creative solutions. I consider pk archer a very rewarding challenge, and I'm waiting hopefully for someone to make a new good one. Which should be easier now without spam healing. And oh yeah, plat bolts.

Joca said archers are really easy until you hit the higher levels, and i tend to agree with that because when you start needing x million tnl, its slow going. Very slow. RDing is tricky when you get in bad situations (mono-on-stairs) and you should equip some decent death protection since reapers die slow. I avoided it like the plague but it is doable. Archers will always be a challenge because in fairness, range shouldn't ever be as strong as a skill where the monster can hit you back, but its not as crippling as some people say. It's just hard.
Old 12-26-2008, 02:36 PM

Archers have a lot more problems in pk than fighting against healers, not only do archers have to aim but with the slow movement of arrows, most people can out run arrows so good luck trying to hit a moving object that is faster than your arrows. Also even if your arrow finds its target theres a good chance that it will miss due to the high amounts of dodge most people have.
Old 12-27-2008, 11:08 AM

Icy has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

@Godhand:

I don't see why so many people are fussing about pk. Obviously Arisu had a lot of fun with it. From what I take about myself in BRMA, I'm not quite as interested in player-v-player stuff. If you seriously love being a pk'er, then don't be an archer.

And your last comment about dodge: That's why people train in ranged.
Old 12-27-2008, 01:21 PM

Logwad has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via AIM to Logwad Send a message via MSN to Logwad

Archers are a unique class in that they are mostly intended towards masochists.
Old 12-27-2008, 01:55 PM

Voarin has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Well stated indeed, Master Logwad.
Last edited by Logwad : Yesterday at 10:55 PM.
Old 12-28-2008, 04:41 PM

Joca has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Well I guess what he's trying to say is that every other fighting style has a thing that it's GOOD at.

Melee might not be nearly as good as mages in PK, but they're the best at LQs

Archers on the other hand aren't really too great at anything. They're below average in absolutely every aspect of the game.

So as others excel in SOMETHING in the game, even with their weaknesses, archers excel in nothing, and still have the same or more weaknesses.

Prove me wrong
Old 12-28-2008, 05:15 PM
Wizard

Valkon has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joca View Post
Well I guess what he's trying to say is that every other fighting style has a thing that it's GOOD at.

Archers on the other hand aren't really too great at anything. They're below average in absolutely every aspect of the game.

So as others excel in SOMETHING in the game, even with their weaknesses, archers excel in nothing, and still have the same or more weaknesses.

Prove me wrong
Archers excel at shooting arrows.
Old 12-28-2008, 07:26 PM
Wizardess

Teshuvah has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joca View Post

Prove me wrong

Archers excel at standing back and doing damage without taking damage, with the added benefit of not burning loot like the mages with the same benefit.
They are very good money makers compared to mages.
They should (if they are any good and experienced) die less than melee...
Thus being much better at leveling if they are the best runners in the game as they should be. (and given the proper training areas, archers do need to be very selective when training)

Proven.

Proven....

and proven....

They also excel at being more fun to play!