Wyvern Forums

Review Wyvern Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Arcade
Go Back   Wyvern Forums > Archive > Wyvern Forums Archive > Suggestions
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chatbox Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Suggestions Post any suggestions for new Wyvern content here that is too complicated to explain in the idea log or that you want to first get feedback on from other players.

Old 05-09-2012, 09:51 AM

Fergy has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Ball lightning
Ball Spell
Upon cast: Bounce counter = Air magic / 2 + 3
Upon impact: 1x1 explosion, reduce bounce counter by 1, recast spell in a random direction
Old 05-10-2012, 12:54 PM
Player Mod

Clubbz has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

It's not that simple. That doesn't take into account if nothing is there, it just keeps going in a straight line until it hit's something. Not to mention constant 'recasting' of the spell would cause strain on the server if people were spamming it.
Old 05-14-2012, 02:58 AM

Harbringer Of Good Stuff is trapped in an Inn behind a dozen clones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clubbz View Post
It's not that simple. That doesn't take into account if nothing is there, it just keeps going in a straight line until it hit's something. Not to mention constant 'recasting' of the spell would cause strain on the server if people were spamming it.
I am sure all of the things that you mentioned above can be taken care of quite easily...

I look toward the day of being the best I can be.
Old 05-14-2012, 11:36 AM

Morwen has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Relatively easily.

Now give archers exploding arrows? :3
Old 05-14-2012, 05:05 PM
Player Mod

Clubbz has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

The original suggestion for the spell also only ever ends if it hits something. The 'counter' doesn't go down if it doesnt hit anything. Making it a lag spell if there's nothing for it to hit around(other than you).
Old 05-15-2012, 12:51 PM

Fergy has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Ball spells explode when hitting objects. Every map has a minimum of 4 edges. On maps that are extremely big (world map), ball spells will explode after traveling so many squares.

To make it more random, the ball spell could explode after traveling a random distance related to the bounce counter. This would make the spell very unpredictable at low air magic levels, or when the spell is near the end of it's life.
Old 05-24-2012, 03:12 AM

Harbringer Of Good Stuff is trapped in an Inn behind a dozen clones

I say we get rid off spirit and mind, and make them one element only. Its truly silly to have that many elements to train on. If not spirit, merge spirit with earth...more incentive for people to use earth based spells then...

Mana Shield- incantation of earth and blah blah

I look toward the day of being the best I can be.
Old 05-24-2012, 11:28 AM
Player Mod

Dracco has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbringer Of Good Stuff View Post
I say we get rid off spirit and mind, and make them one element only. Its truly silly to have that many elements to train on. If not spirit, merge spirit with earth...more incentive for people to use earth based spells then...

Mana Shield- incantation of earth and blah blah
One does not simply combine Mind and Spirit. These are two very different things and give Wyvern a deeper sense of role-play value. It does seem like there are a lot of elements to train in but that feeling will change in the future when more spells are added. I would try to come up with more ideas but I do not know what direction Rhialto wants to take in terms of spell-caster balance (I based my assumption on the current layout of spell casting and his rather old quote on game balance) and the ideas I proceeded to come up with were generally shunned.

The ball lightning spell, although the description is a bit vague in terms of function, sounds like it would work the same way as firefrost; damaging anything it passes over, however it is uncontrolled and erratic, and ends after travelling a specified distance possibly increased by raising air magic. I think if it was set up like this it would increase the danger of using it as it may pass over you several times as you try to run away from casting it.