Wyvern Forums

Review Wyvern Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Arcade
Go Back   Wyvern Forums > Archive > Wyvern Forums Archive > Suggestions
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chatbox Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Suggestions Post any suggestions for new Wyvern content here that is too complicated to explain in the idea log or that you want to first get feedback on from other players.

Old 03-19-2011, 02:00 AM

malyce has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Wink First attack system

I welcome to you the FIRST ATTACK SYSTEM F.A.S

Giants usually take the win in PVP front to front combat.

For example

Rakushas - VERY strong attack but low life.
no point in high dps if you health is low because once you attack, your being attacked.

All Dps builds are worthless but I INTRODUCE the new F.A.S SYSTEM
Brought to you by Malyce

The way the FAS system works is , when you walk up to someone, and move towards them when your next to them, you will inituate the attack, but you will not be attacked back until he moves towards you, and once he begins this process he will then inituate his attack.

example of this process

You hit Harry hard.
You hit Harry hard.
You hit Harry hard.
You hit Harry hard.
You hit Harry hard.
You hit Harry hard.
(He finds out hes being attack, and then initiates his attack by now him moving towards you)

instead of

You hit Harry hard.
Harry Hits you hard.
You hit Harry hard.
Harry Hits you hard.
You hit Harry Hard.

In other words taking away auto attack. Would make rouges valid in pvp and will change the aspect of pvp for the better. Would make more builds possible for PK(PVP)

makes dodging viable and increases skill in pvp

Giants are STRONG with great HP but are slow, hard to sneak up or ability to surprise a enemy.

Mages have F.A.S because then can attack run and attack again without being attacked back.

as a Healing Paladin when spam healing was possible, I remember in a occasion I would see PK Hof gaints , staning idle outside of blackrose and I would even then have to prepare myself to attack them, and still end up dying at times even with spam healing. and forget about Rangers or Rouges having a good chance in killing a giant, with F.A.S Everyone will have the confidence to attack anyone because i think in PK finding someone first while your invisible or just in general should count for even some extra surprise hits, makes ambushing possible .

Let me know what you Think.
Old 03-19-2011, 08:59 AM

kiez has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

I have seen this suggestion before, so I don't have too much to say, but I will note that I don't think it would EVER take more than two good solid smacks for someone to realize they were getting attacked.
Old 03-19-2011, 02:26 PM

Lordz has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

It would eliminate people being afk in the center of the arena and still whooping people behinds (i used to love doing that). But that is about it. When most people are actually pking they tend to charge at one another anyway so it seems like it would only be good for people attacking afk people or people attacking others that happen to be unable to see invis.
Old 03-19-2011, 03:13 PM

Kama has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Since I wrote a long reply to this last night and it decided not to post, I just wanted to point out that you only gave PK-related examples.

I think.. you can't base an attack system off PK (seeing as it is not the focus of the game).

Last edited by Kama : 03-19-2011 at 03:40 PM.
Old 03-19-2011, 05:10 PM

Brionac has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

So what you're saying is I could run into somebody, and start spamming diagonals around them and for the entire fight/most of the fight they would not be able to even attack me?

Because if they can't actually move into me, they can't attack me. >.>
Old 03-19-2011, 08:14 PM

Kama has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brionac View Post
So what you're saying is I could run into somebody, and start spamming diagonals around them and for the entire fight/most of the fight they would not be able to even attack me?

Because if they can't actually move into me, they can't attack me. >.>
I see a parallel between this and attacking in PvM. If you were swarmed by a group of monsters, one on almost every side, every time you move away.. does that mean you stop attacking?
Old 03-19-2011, 11:07 PM

Brionac has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Maybe.. I was mainly looking at it in the PK sense. If you run into a one square character and start the diagonals its going to be real hard for them to fight back.

The definition of this system is flawed..
Old 03-20-2011, 01:26 PM

Salkand has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via AIM to Salkand

You could always eliminate all forms of auto attack. Make it so you have to re-run into the person to attack a second time. ^_^ or a third, fourth, etc.

Would certainly make PKing as a mage easier mwuahahahahaha!
Old 03-20-2011, 11:39 PM
Player Mod

Irlazy has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

It would allow people to heal in combat by just moving away and not reinitiating combat until the heal has taken place. Certainly wouldn't be spam healing but would definately make it possible to heal while fighting thus making PvM easier in a way except that you would have to individualy attack each monster if you were engaged with more then one. Dunno honestly I see this being more advantageous in PvM then PvP since as Brio stated if someone keeps dodging around you it would make it tough to engage them while they owned you.