Wyvern Forums

Review Wyvern Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Arcade
Go Back   Wyvern Forums > Archive > Wyvern Forums Archive > Wyvern Help
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chatbox Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Wyvern Help Ask, answer, and provide information regarding the game or forum.

Old 01-26-2011, 01:12 AM

goonyton has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Question bandwith?

How many MBs an hour should I expect wyvern to use while in heavy combat, or whatever would use the most?

I live right next to nowhere. Dial-up sort of works, makes game play iffy. I am looking at upgrading internet(either cell or sat does one work better than the other for this?). Anything that I upgrade to will likely have monthly limits. I am trying to figure out how big of a limit I should get. A good part of that is likely going to be Wyvern, hence why I want to know how much it uses.

Thanks,

Goonyton.
Old 01-26-2011, 01:24 PM

Morwaithe has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Greetings,

I just started playing so I don't know the bandwidth requirements for heavy use yet. I wanted to ask if you have access to any cable companies wherever in the middle of nowhere you are. I've never heard a good thing about satellite internet. I do know my cell provider is adding a thing for $15 a month to make your phone a wifi hotspot.

I know many telecom companies are getting federal grant money to expand cable coverage in the United States. Do you have regular old-school dial-up or DSL?

MW
Old 01-26-2011, 06:36 PM

goonyton has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

I am about 50 miles from the nearest town worth mentioning. There is a cable that goes through part of the ranch and goes another 30 miles past us. The company will not let anyone use the cable other than the government fire station and the small town(50 people) at the end of the cable.

There has been talk about more cables being run to other small towns in the area, but no digging has started.

There is a micro wave tower in the area, but we do not have line of site. As far as I know that leaves Sat or Mobile Broadband(uses cell towers). I have no experience with either. Are there any advantages of one over the other?

EDIT: Old school dial up normally 30-42Kbps. Uses the phone line, we cannot use the phone and be online at the same time.