Wyvern Forums

Review Wyvern Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Arcade
Go Back   Wyvern Forums > Archive > Wyvern Forums Archive > Wyvern Help
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chatbox Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Wyvern Help Ask, answer, and provide information regarding the game or forum.

Old 03-20-2009, 02:59 PM

snakesses has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Default Naga mage/unguilded/monk?

After dying twice within 5 minutes yesterday (both to DB from a wyvern, once while fighting a fire shog), I decided that it was probably time for a change. I am currently a naga monk and it works out for the most part. I have 5 caps (1 agility +10 turban, 2 agility +10 jaunties, 1 agility +9 jaunty, and 1 agility +8 jaunty) and all the amulets I need. I use scrolls for my resists, but I still die more than the usual level 26 person. Having had 5 giant imp crowns for a very long time, i've decided that the best route for me would probably be a mage. I will untrain all 14 incantation I have and 2 meditation (currently 15 trained, 16 total) and train 16 in fire (15 after negative). Then I will add 5 more fire over time as I gain levels in the guild by reducing my meditation. My plan is to use 3 imp crowns and 2 wizard's caps for a total of 7 in all arts, and +3 in life/death/mind/spirit, +100 mana, and +2 meditation. All I'm worried about is the -5 in unarmed and -5 in melee (apparently it makes you lose a percentage of damage dealt). I could make a variation of this by being unguilded, though I wouldn't have any meditation bonus/guild mana bonus (can't use wizard's caps).

Sorry about the long post. Input/ideas are appreciated. I will still be using melee for the most part with fire magic to take care of reapers and such.
Old 03-20-2009, 05:51 PM

Thrayn has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

I actually had thought of doing this myself, as being able to melee and do magic would rock. I'd recommend using water magic as you already get an innate bonus there, even though it will leave a gap in reaper fights. Pure fire would ease reaper fights and the majority of fire-using enemies, though, so I guess a mage is best fit to help you here.
Old 03-20-2009, 06:10 PM

snakesses has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Thanks for the input! Yeah, I thought about using water too, but after speaking with Proteus (thus far one of the o so very few successful naga mages), and I decided that fire is probably the way to go, though I will hit a lot slower and do less damage per hit.
Old 03-23-2009, 12:59 PM

Warcow has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Computer Mouse

OMG! I've done it before! and this is probably the best thing you can try as a naga! I was seriously considering it again when the platinums rolled out.

Even though sacrificing melee is almost unthinkable to most powerhouses out there who kills faster than they move, naga mage is a good combination and makes you all but invulnerable

The 15 fire is a great idea, and I say put in some FW since it benefits both melee and magic... but strength is what smacks reapers... so, find a good balance.

At the time I tried it, I was a water mage since I was a dragon till level 27+ ... water is a poor element choice and nobody knew anything about FW at the time

As for the mage / unguilded thing, just think of mage as a (really) expensive alternative to unguilded.. you can always overtrain 5 unarmed or so before unguilding and joining the mages

um... the five necks for amulets and crowns offers a lot of opportunities, but don't bother with switching amulets for casting resists...they take waaaaay too long and you'll have fire recoil immune anyway which is what matters most. earth magic or coran amulets for casting strength is definitely worth it though.

Oh, and prismatic shield is your friend.
- consider trying the berserk spell (use extreme caution, but the positive results are unimaginable)
Oh! and keep some agility! ghasts and other meleers will make quick work of you if you don't ... maybe a single plat girdle will do, or maybe consider getting some plat helms for confusion immune.

Keep us updated, I really want to know how it turns out

Last edited by Warcow : 03-23-2009 at 01:06 PM.
Old 04-03-2009, 07:40 PM

Ariful has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

while we are talking about nagas.. what are the builds that most nagas take.