Wyvern Forums

Review Wyvern Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Arcade
Go Back   Wyvern Forums > Archive > Wyvern Forums Archive > General
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chatbox Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General For serious discussions about general Wyvern topics.

Old 02-07-2008, 02:07 AM
Player Mod

Jacksparow has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Default healing nerf

personally i see this as a large stab to all players that are 1x1 big.

a way i can see this being fxed is by making all spells that require casting (and i do mean ALL) to take the same ammount of time as blood dart, and acid dart. those used to be spammed if i remember right, and now they require a bit of a "cool down" period. if you made healing like that then people would still be able to stay alive, but not as easily as they could. BUT full healing giants, and hydras would still have a large advantage, so to make them less powerful the "heal" spell should be upped to 15 lore.

lore cost for healing spells IMO

minor healing- 3
Medium healing- 7
major healing- 10
Heal- 15
Old 02-07-2008, 08:46 AM

fikolmij has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Actually myself I think the whole healing nerf is generally a very good idea. Cutting down on lag and general server issues in the process I have no doubt.

But there are a few minor adjustments I think that could perhaps be thought about. Maybe think about increasing the number of clovers in piles again as supporting your whole playerbase of level 16+'s on your current supply is gonna end with abuse of the trading system. Someone has already tried to sell me 600 clover for 200k.

Might also want to think about allowing access to the lower level spells but on some sort of a timer. As many races and guilds just simply do not require the use of full heal spell. So perhaps lvl 25+ can use minor heal 3 times in 30 seconds, 20+ 4 times and so on and so forth. It would cut down on the spam healing and still allow people some form of combat healing.

Also I know myself from experience that whilst the melee races caused most of the server lag they were certainly not over-powered because of it, maybe a few guild tweaks are still needed, but will they ever not balancing such a complex addition as guilds. Mages are the new XP makers with the current state of RD's and I shall be power levelling my own I guess from now on.

Edit: also just noticed people over level 16 can't use fountains... And that is a bit harsh

Just a few thoughts to scramble through

Fikolmij

Last edited by fikolmij : 02-07-2008 at 08:55 AM.
Old 02-07-2008, 09:47 AM

Slowlight has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Poor little Pixies, better watch out for poison now.
Old 02-07-2008, 07:42 PM

Warcow has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Post Change ist goot, ja?

Well, it's certainly great to see some changes around here.

Here's some positive things I see about this change:

- brings attention to poison spells
- brings attention to higher level healing spells
- encourage non-healing race/guild combinations
- as with all changes, encourages creativity and diversity

However, there are also a number of things I do not get at the moment. Namely:

Why make the already powerful full-healing builds such as frost giant axemen and monk hydras stand out even more?

Shouldn't the cap be based off of hp instead of level?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyvern
but if your level is above the maximum, the spell will simply be too wimpy to affect your powerful physique.
What if I have a wimpy physique at level 30 because I am a pixie? It would make sense that only a weak spell is required to heal me because I only have 60 hp.

Finally, shouldn't one's life magic level have anything to do with all this?

What do you guys think?

Last edited by Warcow : 02-07-2008 at 07:44 PM. Reason: more material
Old 02-07-2008, 10:38 PM

Logwad has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via AIM to Logwad Send a message via MSN to Logwad

To be honest, I am all for fixing healing, but this is the wrong way to do it. When you have to disable something for certain players, it's a pretty poor excuse for a solution.

Plus you can still spam heal in certain cases.

The problem is players using various kinds of healing at a very high rate. Clearly the solution is to reduce to rate at which they can heal, rather than remove some of the spells they use.

I was quite surprised by what Rhialto did here. While it is true I am not really affected by it, I'm still taken aback.

The plus side is that I am now a buffet of manliness.

Last edited by Logwad : 02-07-2008 at 10:41 PM.
Old 02-08-2008, 02:21 AM

Iro has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

I don't like the way they went through with this. Sure, spam healing is a problem. Sure, it needs to be fixed. Like Logwad said, blocking it isn't the way to go.

I use a mage, and occasionally I'm attacked by monsters camping at staircases. I used Major Healing once or twice to replenish my HP, and killed the monsters. No big deal.

However, with the way this is set up, I'd have to completely rewrite (and weaken) Silico's build just to be able to regain a few points of health.
Old 02-08-2008, 04:00 AM
Forum Admin

Arilou has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warcow View Post
However, there are also a number of things I do not get at the moment. Namely:

Why make the already powerful full-healing builds such as frost giant axemen and monk hydras stand out even more?
I've said this a lot in-game and apparently people aren't being kind enough to repeat it so I'll do so myself for your benefit now: Rhialto was made aware that certain people already used full healing to become near immortal. It was discussed and we agreed to wait and do these things in stages rather than making an attempt at balancing things overnight. With the armor bug and monsters being made overpowered to combat spam healers the game would be practically unplayable if we also made an attempt to prevent players from abusing full heal. However it and other problems are being worked on - This is a process that won't and can't happen overnight as this is all a result of problems that have gone unchecked for years. And for those people out there who seem to overreact at anything I say, that does not mean we'll be prolonging this over the course of years - Constant progress is being made with this on a daily basis so be patient.
Old 02-08-2008, 12:57 PM

Curare has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

I heard that healing potions and fountains were going to be made to affect any level again, was this just an annoying rumor?
Old 02-08-2008, 02:30 PM

Xae has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Default healing nerf

sooo

just wondering

what do you people think of the new healing nerfs

yes..not spam healing nerf...just healing nerf

fair? unfair? stupid? smart? just wondering

personally, as a pally its not that big of a deal to full heal now..i untrained 5 life for 5 more lore and i train exactly the same..except i have to buy clovers on my strength pot searches

buying clvoers btw <.<
Old 02-08-2008, 03:14 PM

Godhand has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

I like it. It makes the game a bit more challenging in a way, now people can no longer charge into monsters and hit their spam heal alias. They have to time their heals, but this affects everyone cept giants and nagas. Not really fair to neft something that greatly affects 1v1 races, and leave the two strongest races untouched. The stronger just got stronger and weak just got weaker.
Old 02-08-2008, 04:50 PM

Shiftery has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

nagas are affected. they lose magic to shift, and not many guilds for them help. the caveman lowers meditation, but if you have enough money, no problem. mage takes away strength and real reason for them. monk does not offer health or magic increase. so they end up being that if they want to live, they have to train a lot of incantation, something hard to do if you need to train in meditation just to shift, and in anything else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godhand View Post
I like it. It makes the game a bit more challenging in a way, now people can no longer charge into monsters and hit their spam heal alias. They have to time their heals, but this affects everyone cept giants and nagas. Not really fair to neft something that greatly affects 1v1 races, and leave the two strongest races untouched. The stronger just got stronger and weak just got weaker.
about the stronger getting stronger, that is wrong on your stand. since they now can really on use heal spell, they wont have to shrink or shift to save spell points, they just go on way. while the weaker get weaker with the nerf, for they could never lower their max health. so it affects all in a bad way.
Old 02-08-2008, 08:53 PM

Xae has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

hmm

cant really pk much now i need to save clovers for RD and having only 285-310 hp ill be using a clover a second against big hiters and mages

think ill just switch over to mage ive wanted to do it for a while anyway

gotta raise the money for it now

and oh yeah...noir would be a pain to do
Old 02-08-2008, 09:29 PM

Gate has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Ah personally I think its the stupidest thing ever. Tis my opinion.
Old 02-08-2008, 09:33 PM

Gate has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Personally I think the healing nerf isn't a good idea at all. And the point about not lagging the sever...It still crashes so that didn't help did it x.x
Old 02-08-2008, 11:35 PM

Unknown has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

i dont have a problem with healing nerf, potion and scrolls nerfs could be a problem but i can live with it... what i realy realy disslike is the static blade spell nerfing... now you can only make like 3 hits with the spell, its near useless and its lore lvl 2!
Old 02-09-2008, 01:39 AM

blazerv has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

I honestly think that nerfing healing is way too extreme. I can understand them making it so that you can only use minor/medium/major healing once every two seconds or so but canceling it completely is totally unreasonable.
Old 02-09-2008, 12:10 PM

Crier has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via AIM to Crier

The only thing I dislike about the healing nerf is how fountains don't work for the higher levels.....I don't know just seems to be kinda backwards thinking there, want less people to heal but them not being able to use the fountains.
"Big Brother in the form of an increasingly powerful government and in an increasingly powerful private sector will pile the records high with reasons why privacy should give way to national security, to law and order [...] and the like." - Justice William O. Douglas

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security would deserve neither and lose both." -Benjamin Franklin
Old 02-09-2008, 02:03 PM

Warcow has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arilou View Post
I've said this a lot in-game and apparently people aren't being kind enough to repeat it so I'll do so myself for your benefit now: Rhialto was made aware that certain people already used full healing to become near immortal. It was discussed and we agreed to wait and do these things in stages rather than making an attempt at balancing things overnight. With the armor bug and monsters being made overpowered to combat spam healers the game would be practically unplayable if we also made an attempt to prevent players from abusing full heal. However it and other problems are being worked - This is a process that won't and can't happen overnight as this is all a result of problems that have gone unchecked for years. And for those people out there who seem to overreact at anything I say, that does not mean we'll be prolonging this over the course of years - Constant progress is being made with this on a daily basis so be patient.
Makes sense to me. Thanks a lot for clearing that up

You heard him guys, Be Patient.
Old 02-09-2008, 08:30 PM

Edo has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

I'm a level 27 halfling paladin with somewhere close to 250 health. When i got on i tried to adjust, untrained some life magic and put it into lore and learned the Heal spell. I did MMA like i normally do and used somewhere around 50 clovers (casted 50 times) to get to level 47 of MMA - was working out decently. THEN the lag hit.. i froze for about 5 seconds, and in that time i got hit with dragon breath, melee, some recoil.. and it's not possible to spam heal like you could with other spells to survive alittle lag. And in RDs where you lag almost every second, if you come across a monster that can hit 8 times and has nasty recoil (Oh yea, monopods - the things around every corner) you'll lag even more and not even be able to survive.

Really to sum up my opinion.. it was a huge nerf that really did unbalance it for some classes.
Old 02-09-2008, 11:01 PM

Curare has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Not just some, anyone who uses a method of healing other than the heal skill. Full healing works decently if there's relatively little lag and if you're not getting hit more than a few times per second.. unfortunately spamming it is just not an option. My mage has 7 incan and it still costs 20 per casting out of his 300-mumble mana. Training more incan isn't an option if you're a class with 3 skill points per level. I considered healing potions as an option, despite their weight, but then i found out that they too have been rendered useless. There's just no way for a mage to train anymore. Not one that i can see anyway. Now, i'm not complaining, far from it. I'm just stating my reasoning here... if anyone can offer a solution or find a flaw in my reasoning then please, do share it with me. Also, it's been made clear that the wizards "don't care about our opinions" i'm pretty sure it was biny who said that. They know nobody likes this.

Last edited by Curare : 02-09-2008 at 11:04 PM.