Wyvern Forums

Review Wyvern Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Arcade
Go Back   Wyvern Forums > Archive > Wyvern Forums Archive > General
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chatbox Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General For serious discussions about general Wyvern topics.

Old 07-10-2008, 10:49 PM

Mykenubie has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Default Myke***ie's complaint.

This morning, I was doing my usual Wyvern routines. Soon it came to my attention that the lottery was re-added into Wyvern. As I was wandering the lottery hall, I noticed that the Platinum Sword resembled a... certain male body part.

I commented, using "say" to the roughly ten or so people in the same map, that the platinum sword looked rather "phallic". Seconds after, I was booted off the game and subjected to the until-reboot banishment. I have no idea as who did it.

I feel that the course of action taken by this wizard was unnecessary. I have said a word that nobody who knew what it meant would be offended by, to a select few people (as opposed to simply shouting to everyone). I feel that I was punished too severely, if any disipline was warranted at all. I would have gladly ceased and desisted had I been told to, instead I was simply temp-banned with no warning.

The reason I am posting this on the forums instead of privately discussing it with the wizard responsible is because I have no idea who it was. Normally when I get punished (and it happens quite often), I get an ingame mail or sometimes a tell from the wizard who did it telling me to knock it off. No such communication was established this time.

I respect the decision of Wizards and their responsibility to "keep things civil", but I still believe their judgement was not sound for this incident.
Old 07-10-2008, 11:24 PM

anatil has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

You basically said to a room with 10 people that...the plat sword looked like a man's privates?

When worded like that, I hope you have a slightly better understanding as to why you got until-boot boot.

Old 07-10-2008, 11:39 PM

Mykenubie has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by anatil View Post

When worded like that

The wording was the reason this happened. It's easy to re-word what I said into something much less appropriate, but the fact was that I communicated my thoughts using words that I had deemed to be appropriate. The wizard decided otherwise, I was questioning the appropriateness of this decision, and thus was the cause of this incident.
Old 07-11-2008, 12:08 AM

anatil has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

When the situation arises when you aren't sure whether its going to get you in trouble, avoid saying anything. In situations where you have to say something (lets take this one) say something like: "plat sword looks a little inappropriate to me". Use specifics in tells when/if a wizard asks about it.

Old 07-11-2008, 06:50 AM
Wizardess

Teshuvah has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myke***ie View Post
This morning, I was doing my usual Wyvern routines. Soon it came to my attention that the lottery was re-added into Wyvern. As I was wandering the lottery hall, I noticed that the Platinum Sword resembled a... certain male body part.

I commented, using "say" to the roughly ten or so people in the same map, that the platinum sword looked rather "phallic". Seconds after, I was booted off the game and subjected to the until-reboot banishment. I have no idea as who did it.

I feel that the course of action taken by this wizard was unnecessary. I have said a word that nobody who knew what it meant would be offended by, to a select few people (as opposed to simply shouting to everyone). I feel that I was punished too severely, if any disipline was warranted at all. I would have gladly ceased and desisted had I been told to, instead I was simply temp-banned with no warning.

The reason I am posting this on the forums instead of privately discussing it with the wizard responsible is because I have no idea who it was. Normally when I get punished (and it happens quite often), I get an ingame mail or sometimes a tell from the wizard who did it telling me to knock it off. No such communication was established this time.

I respect the decision of Wizards and their responsibility to "keep things civil", but I still believe their judgement was not sound for this incident.

*points to your statement of "it happens quite often"*
You've been told and told and told about public, sexual comments.
Say is public if its 1 person or 10 or no persons you know of, someone could be there.
You were told last time, there is no more "chatting" about it, and no more warnings.
This time you got banned until reboot. Be thankful , after all the chances you've had that's all it was, is all I can tell ya.
Also the ban message should have told you who and why, I am not sure why you didn't see it.

Tesh
Old 07-12-2009, 12:17 AM

Trayr is trapped in an Inn behind a dozen clones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teshuvah View Post
*points to your statement of "it happens quite often"*
You've been told and told and told about public, sexual comments.
Say is public if its 1 person or 10 or no persons you know of, someone could be there.
You were told last time, there is no more "chatting" about it, and no more warnings.
This time you got banned until reboot. Be thankful , after all the chances you've had that's all it was, is all I can tell ya.
Also the ban message should have told you who and why, I am not sure why you didn't see it.

Tesh
There is no ban message that tells you who and why.