Wyvern Forums

Review Wyvern Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Arcade
Go Back   Wyvern Forums > Archive > Wyvern Forums Archive > Suggestions
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chatbox Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Suggestions Post any suggestions for new Wyvern content here that is too complicated to explain in the idea log or that you want to first get feedback on from other players.

Old 02-12-2012, 01:00 AM
Player Mod

Dracco has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Hammer Repairing

Lets face it, you hate taking your prized balanced massive diamond weapon to the anvil and pay to have that schmuck of a blacksmith hammer away at it only to have it damaged in the repair process. Sure now it's repaired, but it's lost valuable life expectancy. I'm wondering if there should be an alternate repair process that could lessen the permanent damage to your precious weapon, to an extent, than the old method.

I have 2 ideas of how this could work.

Blacksmithing: Simple idea, the more blacksmithing you have the better repair you can do. Huge downside is the fact that it takes a very minimal skill investment and many players will have this. Not really fond of this idea.

Repair spell:"This Incantation of Earth and Life partially repairs a weapon or piece of armor. Each casting permanently weakens the item being repaired." The description of the spell currently scares me and because of that I have very minimal experience with this and honestly have no clue if training enough earth+life magic can even repair a weapon better than an anvil. I like this idea because of the skill investment is higher. A downside is that the skill investment in this means you're probably not a melee so you'd be repairing other players' weapons which also means you'd currently have no way to profit from this.

Blackbeard's alternative: Expert blacksmiths: I like this idea because at the very least we have a way of holding on to our rare items just a bit longer but at a price to offset the bonus. Quite a simple alternative as well. Downside is everyone has very easy access to this repairing method so it might have to be in a very hard to get to location to offset that as I don't see raising the cost alone offsetting this.

I'm not suggesting there should be a way to repair an item with no reduction in the item's max HP as that is majorly unbalanced. Just thinking there should be a more effective way as some very rare items, like Leaf Armor, is quite fragile and I'm sure the owner would like to spend as much time with it as possible.

Currently, you cannot offer a damaged item to another player so I'm not sure how to go about having another player repair your item. If you have any suggestions on a simple(<----keyword) way to do this, let me know.

Last edited by Dracco : 02-12-2012 at 12:39 PM.
Old 02-12-2012, 01:09 AM
Player Mod

Jacksparow has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

You are able to repair other peoples stuff if they drop on an anvil and you select repair all. I've done this before because the seller of an item didn't have funds to repair and I wanted their item.

Also I think another alternative could be adding "expert blacksmiths" that repair for twice the cost, and give a less damaging repair.
Old 02-12-2012, 01:42 AM

Trayr is trapped in an Inn behind a dozen clones

You no longer drop items on the anvil/orb to repair them. The item gets repaired in your inventory by typing repair itemname or repair all.