Wyvern Forums

Review Wyvern Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Arcade
Go Back   Wyvern Forums > Archive > Wyvern Forums Archive > Suggestions
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chatbox Today's Posts

Suggestions Post any suggestions for new Wyvern content here that is too complicated to explain in the idea log or that you want to first get feedback on from other players.

Old 06-06-2008, 01:28 PM

Tensu of the moon has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessikha View Post
Ooh...Legolas posted in the forums, this must have been entertaining to other people.

Tensu, if you absolutely insist on continuing the pointless argument, send me a PM about it. End of story.
no, I gave up talking sense into you a while back. I kept posting because i like to debate, and apperently for the entertainment of all.

I'd love to continue this here, but I owe Tesh. so I'll have to decline, even though I was having a blast

besides, I don't want to get banned...

pardon my atrocious spelling and grammar

this is a cool forum if you play magic:
http://realmtg.freeforums.org/index.php
and tell them Tensu sent you!
Old 06-06-2008, 02:08 PM

Jessikha has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Talk sense into me. Right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny View Post
Today I realized that life magic doesn't strengthen the regeneration spell either. I think it should.
Life magic should affect life spells. >.> Earth magic affects strength.
And for non-human/halfling mages, who only get three skill points per level, it would be helpful to be able to heal using regeneration and life magic (something they already need to train for resist length and stuff). Magic usually takes up more skill points than archery and melee, and as far as I can tell this has made pixies mages ("natural" mages) weaker than human mages.

So yeah, I think life magic needs an upgrade.
I absolutely agree that life magic needs an upgrade, excluding the group healing spell. The only difficulty I see with regeneration would be how to increase it with each point in life. I'd probably recommend a small % boost to your current healing skill each level; the only problem is that it makes the spell useless for lower levels.

With 0 life, it would give x1.2 your current healing, and with each additional point of life, would go up by .025%, so...

5 life- 1.325
10 life- 1.45
15 life- 1.575
20 life- 1.7

This way, the only people who get more out of the spell are the people who dedicate themselves into life magic, so it works like other magic types. Although those numbers are a bit low, so maybe make each increase .03% per level.
Old 06-06-2008, 11:53 PM
Player Mod

Clubbz has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Life magic was not intended as a stand alone element. It was never meant to give ultra awesome attacks and buffs, but merely extend the lengths of said buffs and increase the effectiveness of healing. However now that healing has been nerfed, a large portion of what made life magic usefull has been lost, yes it does need some upgrades, but none of which should be powerful attacks. The only way a life magic spell should deal a lot of damage should be if you fighting an undead monsters, and you could possibly include demons in there.

As for the regeneration idea, its okay, but it wouldn't help that much because in order to get decent benefit out of it, you'd have to sink a lot of points into both the healing skill and life magic.