Wyvern Forums

Review Wyvern Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Arcade
Go Back   Wyvern Forums > Archive > Wyvern Forums Archive > Wyvern Development
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chatbox Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Wyvern Development Here you can discuss anything and everything involving creating your own content for Wyvern. Have a problem with an arch file or a map? Want to show off something you've been working on? If so this is the place for you.

Old 05-22-2009, 05:15 PM

toxic has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Default Parshin City

I was thinking on becoming a wizard. So I just wanted to ask how to link all the maps into 1 map?

This account would be my Wizard Account. No one know's my alts on this.

I read on cabochon that wizard's could give me a project to do to become wizard. If there is, you could PM me. I have a few nice qualities, I'm very good at designing and artwork. I have been into art for at least 6 years now.

I started a few maps on "Parshin City". I also wanted to know how to add "anvils" for the blacksmiths, and how to make NPC's say things. Also wondering how you can adjust signs to say what you want.

Parshin City is a low level city. It contains of elves. Though the diffuculty drastically changes if you enter the ruins. In there, there are many dragons to fight.

I'm working on making a quest for this area, but I do not know how. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

-Toxic.
Old 05-22-2009, 05:51 PM

Exile has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

I believe NPCs and signs are adjusted by right clicking, and adjusting the properties, or the space that has room for text. You won't even know if your map links work unless a wizard tries it out :/.
Old 05-22-2009, 05:57 PM

Thanks. I'll do that.

Everytime I try to save, it says Spaces are not allowed in the name.

Yet I have no spaces in the names, any help please?
Old 05-22-2009, 06:09 PM
Wizardess

Teshuvah has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxic View Post
I was thinking on becoming a wizard. So I just wanted to ask how to link all the maps into 1 map?

This account would be my Wizard Account. No one know's my alts on this.

I read on cabochon that wizard's could give me a project to do to become wizard. If there is, you could PM me. I have a few nice qualities, I'm very good at designing and artwork. I have been into art for at least 6 years now.

I started a few maps on "Parshin City". I also wanted to know how to add "anvils" for the blacksmiths, and how to make NPC's say things. Also wondering how you can adjust signs to say what you want.

Parshin City is a low level city. It contains of elves. Though the diffuculty drastically changes if you enter the ruins. In there, there are many dragons to fight.

I'm working on making a quest for this area, but I do not know how. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

-Toxic.
Couple of things, yes this is good you didnt reveal your alts, but The wizard you apply to will be required to know them because the have to know your player record etc.

Anvils are under the misc directory.
Someone already told you how to edit NPCs speaking.

As far as an elf town, just keep in mind you will have to put law. It wont be a town for training on elfs. We dont need more towns so it would have to be ver spectacular for us to accept it.

Dragons in ruins? Why?
Do not mix dragon types, that is done only in old maps and is a very poor idea, no way would dragons of different types live together etc. So that would get your maps rejected off hand.

If you have a type of ruins that a dragon or 2 would fit in, then it would need to be explained well in your towns story.
Old 05-22-2009, 06:19 PM

Thanks for that Tesh.

I was wondering what you mean by "law" in the city.

BTW, I probably am going to change it, so instead would it be a better idea to have some nasty old creatures(rust monsters,puddings, etc.) in the houses, for the dragons in the ruins to fit?

Also, how do you link the maps?

And I don't know how to put random loot near some places, and the Teleporter thing in the "specials" doesnt work if I put it on a door?

Also, I just wanted to know which would have a better chance of beig accepted, a City or A place to train(area with evil creatures)

I got pathing.

I started on a training area instead, it is comin out well.

I put the nasty creatures on the first level of a house, under and the top levels are the dragons.(Bottom - 5 dragon zombies Top - 5 Brown Dragons)

Please tell me if that might be a bit overpowered or not.
Old 05-22-2009, 11:19 PM
Wizardess

Teshuvah has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxic View Post
Thanks for that Tesh.

I was wondering what you mean by "law" in the city.

BTW, I probably am going to change it, so instead would it be a better idea to have some nasty old creatures(rust monsters,puddings, etc.) in the houses, for the dragons in the ruins to fit?

Also, how do you link the maps?

And I don't know how to put random loot near some places, and the Teleporter thing in the "specials" doesnt work if I put it on a door?
Law means if something is attacked guards will come.

To link maps you edit teleporters by right clicking and putting the map name you want it to go to and the x,y position.
Old 05-23-2009, 04:17 AM
Forum Admin

Arilou has disabled reputation

Don't take this the wrong way, but do you meet the age requirement by being 16 years or older?
Old 05-23-2009, 10:19 AM

Hahaha. Yeah, Arilou, I am turning 17 next month.
Old 05-23-2009, 06:24 PM

Axorz has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

uhh seems pretty cool the way u can make maps, im a failure at it :P last time i tried i got too mad because its kinda laggy lol.

o yeah, i hope u make wizard. good luck
Old 05-24-2009, 12:15 AM
Player Mod

Rarkvar has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Axorz, check out the forum rules. I'm pretty sure it says something about talking like you're on an instant messanger (EX: I tld u how 2 do tht y dnt u beleve me?).

Sounds like a pretty cool idea. You should try to stay away from towns though. An alternative/suggestion could be a forest map that has a couple of safe areas inside of it with elf houses. Like blackrose forest, except the elves are peaceful.

Just make sure you follow the area guidelines and custom artwork guidelines if you choose to make your own artwork.

Best of luck.
Edit: Maybe come up with a different name? Or a different variation of the name. Parshin City makes me think a large city, like Minath, and for some reason, Parshin makes me thing of a bunch of lights.

Last edited by Rarkvar : 05-24-2009 at 12:17 AM.
Old 05-24-2009, 10:58 AM

Yeah, instead of a city I am making a forest map. It is coming out nice. It's all undead and demon monsters to kill there in the maps. Some maps have dragons and those nasty creatures everyone hates xP.

I made 1 safe spot. It has fountains and probably for that area some lower levels(level 15-21) will need to use it. The area is pretty hard, but it's easy-ish for levels such as HoF's and maybe 1 or 2 levels under it. The only thing you might need to watch out for is the wisps near wyverns. =D
Old 05-25-2009, 07:15 PM
Player Mod

Sounds interesting.
I only see two problems. I don't see why demons and undead monsters would be in a forest. Unless it's like, a dead forest where everything is rotten and all the trees and plants are dead, etc. That would be neat.
The next problem is wyverns in a forest full of demons and undead creatures. Maybe put a wyvern cave in the forest instead.

Just some things that you should think about. It isn't like I'm insanely awesome at creating maps either >_> lol
Old 05-30-2009, 09:52 AM

Does anyone know where to get some dead like grass texture?

Or will I have to make it, because I'm okay-ish at art?

Practiced art for a few years.
Old 05-31-2009, 03:36 PM
Player Mod

You have to make your own graphics.
Old 06-01-2009, 05:52 PM

Seems fair. Though how do I insert it into the editor, so I can use it?
Old 06-09-2009, 05:42 PM

Taren has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

These look cool. I'm also making ruins. o_o.

I also, need an answer to that question about putting graphics into editor.

Other than that, my maps are pretty much good to go. Other than the fact I only made like 7 maps. -_-
Old 06-09-2009, 07:28 PM

Lanterra has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rarkvar View Post
Sounds interesting.
I only see two problems. I don't see why demons and undead monsters would be in a forest. Unless it's like, a dead forest where everything is rotten and all the trees and plants are dead, etc. That would be neat.
The next problem is wyverns in a forest full of demons and undead creatures. Maybe put a wyvern cave in the forest instead.

Just some things that you should think about. It isn't like I'm insanely awesome at creating maps either >_> lol
Maybe hanging out in forests is the demon equivalent of human teens hanging out in graveyards?
Old 06-09-2009, 08:36 PM

Zeofar has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Roflcopterz at Lanterra's comment and Axorz pretending to be a different person.

I've screwed around with the map editor and arch files a bit before so I think I know how to add/change monster images.
Here is a quick way to learn adding monsters:
(1)Go to mycomputer\c\games\mapedit\wyvern\arch\monste rs\goblin
Take a look; you'll need to learn to navigate this stuffs and understand Arch files.
(2)Choose one, like Kobold, copy it, and rename it to something like "kashibold." It doesn't need to make sense. Open it up in wordpad(notepad is fine too, but it doesn't recognize the line seperations and just makes the boxes, making the file hard to read).
If you chose a Kobold, it will be <image path="monsters/goblin/kobold"/>
Change it to <image path="monsters/goblin/kashibold"/>
if you went my route.
(3)Now, go to paint, make a 32x32 gif with some nonsense on it, like a color, save it as Kashibold.N, then continue to make images for each side with the proper directions on the end of the file name(Not technically necesarry; you can use the same image for N, S, W, E, and if you map editor doesn't crash or give you errors when you play with it, then you probably did it correctly. In fact, if you just make "kashibold" with no ending it will work still, but it won't have different images depending on which way it faces, methinks)
(4) Open up the map editor, go through the item selection to get to your new kashibold, and select it. Put one onto your screen.
(5) Right-click the monster, choose edit monster. Go to "appearance" and in the right corner, change the direction from "none" to "north" or something.
If it changes without any problems, repeat all around. If you're able to do all this without any problems, It would appear to me that you did it correctly.
(6) Take what you learned here and apply it to your monsters/ scenery. The scenery image paths are a little different, because they have a little more information, but the latter portion of the image line works just the same.

I might've made some mistakes, but I think thats how you do it.
Hope you understood it. Also, read the entire Wizard manual, I'm sure they talk about all that in more depth.
Old 06-09-2009, 09:09 PM

Taren has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Sweet Zeo! Thanks fer info. Btw... I used to know Axorz in-game, what did you mean he is trying to be someone.. and who o_o?

Soz. I haven't been on in months.

Yo. When I change name, to kashibold(w/e) it says file may become unstable. Also, where should I save the pics to?

Last edited by Taren : 06-09-2009 at 09:25 PM.
Old 06-09-2009, 10:48 PM

Zeofar has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

You can technically put the pictures anywhere in the art folders(you could put a picture for an elf in the "dragon" folder, but that would be dumb), but you should put them wherever you set the image path to, which in this case, if you only did exactly what I said, would be in the "goblin" folder(You can change the arch first and then save the file there, or the other way around).
If you set the image path as "monsters\goblin\kashibold" save it there! You'll find that specifically under C\games\mapedit\wyvern\art\game\monsters\gobl in
The image path assumes that it is in the wyvern\art folder, and I don't think that there is any way to change that, it makes sense that way anyhow.
About you error, I don't know why you got that. As long as you just right-click on the file and rename it, or change the name when you do save-as after you change the image path, it should be fine, I never got an error like that. Also, keep in mind that you'll want to change more than just the file name and the image when you are making your own unique monster.
If things really stop working you can try redownloading(Save your maps!) the map editor or something; I apologize if my advice screwed up your stuff.
As for my comment, I thought it was funny that Toxic is axorz, and he posted in this thread pretending to not be toxic