Wyvern Forums

Review Wyvern Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Arcade
Go Back   Wyvern Forums > Archive > Wyvern Forums Archive > Wyvern Help
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chatbox Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Wyvern Help Ask, answer, and provide information regarding the game or forum.

Old 02-09-2012, 12:14 AM
Player Mod

Jacksparow has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Default Human axeman

I decided to opt for human over halfling because this build relies more on hp then mana, because all it's mama is used for is 1 spell. Maybe a few more for fun (darksight and other death enchants I can't think of)

level 10
10 axe
10 death
0 strength
5 lore
5 enchant
find weakness
5 healing
5 merchant

level 15
15 axe
15 death
0 strength
5 lore
7 enchant
0 find weakness
13 healing
5 merchant

level 20
20 axe
20 death
8 strength
5 lore
7 enchant
0 find weakness
15 healing
5 merchant

level 25
25 axe
25 death
8 strength
5 lore
7 enchant
10 find weakness
15 healing
5 merchant

Target Gear
head - agil+10
necklace - flying/d pro/water breath. Generic use
body - general Dsm for use, or wyvern cloak
girdle - str +2
boots - agil 10 preferably elven or snow
weapon - gem if enchantable otherwise elec, dia, or plat
bracer - plat
gloves - agil + 10
ring 1 - e pro
ring 2 - cold/fire/greater free action
cape - Lion (is it enough for most fear. I remember that fear could get through lion last I played)

the reason for no meditation is because the only skill I'll be using is death blade and with 20 death magic it will last long enough to not bother. I may take away some enchant as I see fit. Also for the help side as for questions I don't remember or never knew.

What exactly is the bonus on brown dsm, greater free action and does lion cloak work for most fear. My plan is mostly training in AV, because vamp blade will work better there then demon filled areas such as hades and rds. Also does vamp blade work on a gem axe before I waste a few hundred thousand on an ax I won't use. Also are you able to cast vamp blade on other people if I remember right you could but I'm not too sure. If so this char could be semi decent as a support class as well.

But the bigger question is that can I replace brown Dsm for a g pro and use white dsm instead for better overall protection with the same amount of spaces used. I'm also contemplating taking out some fw for spirit travel in the more challenging gameay that wyvern has now.

Please give me your thoughts.
Old 02-09-2012, 01:05 AM
Player Mod

Dracco has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Sounds awesome to me.

Are you going to guild? Keep in mind that you can hit faster with more axe skill which can make up for the negative in death magic.

Why not use girdle of constitution? 20HP sounds a lot better to me, as a human, than +1 smash damage...

If you do end up using only vampire blade and no other spell you should only train enough enchantment to cast it. (assuming you guilded and have negative enchantment)

As a human, FW is better than strength for damage.

Last time I played (2008?) vampire blade made my weapon do magic damage and gave me a base of +1hp healed-per-hit and +1hp more for every 5 levels in death magic. So, for instance, 15 death is +4 hp per hit.

Brown DSM is 100% paralysis and 100% confusion resistance. Cloak of the lion is 50% fear resistance, pretty sure fear will still get you from time to time.
Old 02-09-2012, 01:23 AM

neverquit has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard View Post
because all it's mama is used for is 1 spell..
D: leave mamas out of this.. mama hater, lol jk
Old 02-09-2012, 01:32 AM
Player Mod

I'm fairly certain vamp blade heals more then that dracco when I last used it and I do indeed plan on guilding. Also I've Always been more a fan of strength on meleers for the added damage and more weight carrying. I look more for defence then offence when deciding my builds. Also neverquit I'm currently only using my phone, because my laptop is in storage for when I move to Cali.
Old 02-09-2012, 02:22 AM

O_O lucky.... michigan is cold.
Old 02-09-2012, 07:03 AM
Player Mod

I lived in Minnesota for 17 years so I'm well aware of what it's like to be in the cold. But to bring this back on topic what are the bonuses of greater free action.
Old 02-09-2012, 11:47 AM

Trayr is trapped in an Inn behind a dozen clones

You can't cast vampire blade on a gem weapon(which costs 1.5M, not just a few hundred thousand).

You can't cast vampire blade on other players, sadly.

The ultimate ring of free action gives you virtual immunity to paralysis and slow. It is, however, an LQ prize, so you will probably have a hard time obtaining one.

A cloak of the lion is enough for fear if I recall correctly.

Without any spirit travel in your build, you will probably never reach level 25.

Axemen get 5 healing, strength, and find-weakness at the top guild level in case you were not aware.

I'm not entirely sure about what brown DSMs do, but I think they resist confusion and paralysis.

If the game comes back up, good luck.

Last edited by Trayr : 02-09-2012 at 01:15 PM.
Old 02-09-2012, 01:26 PM

Frosten has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trayr View Post
You can't cast vampire blade on a gem weapon(which costs 1.5M, not just a few hundred thousand).

You can't cast vampire blade on other players, sadly.

The ultimate ring of free action gives you virtual immunity to paralysis and slow. It is, however, an LQ prize, so you will probably have a hard time obtaining one.

A cloak of the lion is enough for fear if I recall correctly.

Without any spirit travel in your build, you will probably never reach level 25.

Axemen get 5 healing, strength, and find-weakness at the top guild level in case you were not aware.

I'm not entirely sure about what brown DSMs do, but I think they resist confusion and paralysis.

Lol'd.

Cloak of the lion only gives 50% fear resist, you have to either accompany it with a skull shield or bravery potion. Otherwise, you can use a hero's amulet or amulet of the gauntlet (both give max fear resist). and yes, brown DSM resists confusion and paralysis, but not slow.

Glacio (Frost Giant Axeman) (level 30)
Then (Human Mage) (level 28)
Shoot (Rakshasa Caveman) (level 26)
Magiz (Halfling Enchanter) (level 26)
Patron (Human Conjurer) (level 25)
Dboss (Halfling Rogue) (level 25)
Old 02-09-2012, 01:28 PM
Player Mod

Dracco has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

I'm 100% sure at 25 death magic as a pixie ranger, my vampire blade healed 6hp per hit. Reason being is that, at the time, the first minor/medium/major healing nerf just happened (only worked on lower levels) and only way for me to regain HP was full heal, healing skill, or vampire blade and since I was fully trained, and I didn't want to untrain for healing skill, I just used vampire blade when I needed a quick heal being a pixie and whatnot. But I have no idea what all has been changed since I haven't played in a long while.

I do remember being able to cast vampire blade on other players' weapons if they dropped it and you cast it while standing on the weapon. Unsure if it still works like this.
Old 02-09-2012, 05:53 PM

BB amulet of self control gives immunity to mind spells and i think confusion aswell but -50% to air/fire/water resist, if you can somehow counter that, to me it only seems best for hydras that can cast godly self resists they could wear self control and D-pro or whatever else.

I wish i still had my Cloak of the tiger, and Meleee resist ring.
Old 02-09-2012, 08:02 PM
Player Mod

Quote:
however, an LQ prize, so you will probably have a hard time obtaining one.
I've always had a problem in being a jerk with more lq items then I need (snarfer had 4 melees and 3 omis at one point. Was trying to get a decent trade in for a morgos amulet or something of the likes. So it being an lq item doesn't worry me at all, because with enough persistance you can get them.

Quote:

not training spirit travel has never been a problem in the past but then again it is a lot more difficult to stay alive. But now I take this as a challenge against my skills personally

Quote:

Thank you very much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dracco View Post
I'm 100% sure at 25 death magic as a pixie ranger, my vampire blade healed 6hp per hit
Okay. I trust you more then myself, because I've only played around with the scrolls and a dwarf. So not too much backing myself.
If I have any spelling errors or autocorrect fails I'm sorry. I'm running off my iPhone for a bit.

Last edited by Jacksparow : 02-09-2012 at 08:09 PM.
Old 02-09-2012, 09:11 PM

Dude sell me a Melee if you still have D::::. It will take me a while to get the cash though/
Old 02-09-2012, 09:42 PM
Player Mod

I think I'm down to 1 or 2 on snarfer now, because when I stopped playing people who had my facebook asked for some and I had no use for them. But if I have more then 2 I may be inclined to spare. But don't get your hopes up. If I'm playing again I'll probably be a pack rat again to keep the rarity of lq items higher then my need for money.
Old 02-09-2012, 10:00 PM

The ring is perfect for Locus lq, or dinosaur land =O. The monsters dont cast magic so you dont got to worry about -50 resist the ring gives. I hear ya on the hoarding part haha i kept the one 1 had for dear life xD. I cant even remeber how i lost it, was a long time ago. The Tiger cloak i lost to boot.....

Last edited by neverquit : 02-09-2012 at 10:02 PM.
Old 02-09-2012, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard View Post
I've always had a problem in being a jerk with more lq items then I need (snarfer had 4 melees and 3 omis at one point. Was trying to get a decent trade in for a morgos amulet or something of the likes. So it being an lq item doesn't worry me at all, because with enough persistance you can get them.
Well, as true as that may be it will still take awhile. There are only 2 of them currently(at least before the server went down) out there to my knowledge. I have one and I am not selling it. I think I sold the other to Crier, who may or may not sell.
Old 02-09-2012, 11:50 PM
Player Mod

Who said anything about buying
Old 02-09-2012, 11:53 PM

Well, if you think about it, it's probably what will have to happen.

edit: My point is, think about an alternative method to obtain free action and don't count too much on waiting for a ring.
Old 02-10-2012, 12:05 PM

Crier has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via AIM to Crier

Quote:
. I think I sold the other to Crier, who may or may not sell.
bwahahahaha I was trying to get two for nearly 4 years....
"Big Brother in the form of an increasingly powerful government and in an increasingly powerful private sector will pile the records high with reasons why privacy should give way to national security, to law and order [...] and the like." - Justice William O. Douglas

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security would deserve neither and lose both." -Benjamin Franklin
Old 02-10-2012, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crier View Post
bwahahahaha I was trying to get two for nearly 4 years....
The ring hasn't even been around for 4 years.
Old 02-11-2012, 10:27 AM

Crier has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via AIM to Crier

What are you talking about?
I had one for a long time, a very long time, before I got the second one....
"Big Brother in the form of an increasingly powerful government and in an increasingly powerful private sector will pile the records high with reasons why privacy should give way to national security, to law and order [...] and the like." - Justice William O. Douglas

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security would deserve neither and lose both." -Benjamin Franklin