Wyvern Forums

Review Wyvern Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Arcade
Go Back   Wyvern Forums > Archive > Wyvern Forums Archive > Wyvern Help
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chatbox Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Wyvern Help Ask, answer, and provide information regarding the game or forum.

Old 02-01-2011, 02:08 PM

Morgus has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Default Having login troubles

Ever since I returned to college where there is campuswide wi-fi, I've been experiencing problems logging in properly. I can launch the client and log myself in so that the game registers me as being online. But I can't interact. Mostly there's just a gray screen where the picture should be. Sometimes my inventory screen loads sparkles with the text and the terrain screen will load the text with sparkles too. Waiting a long time doesn't help; nothing loads. So I'll X out of the client and launch it again. It says I've "reconnected", but I still can't interact.

The only way I've been able to solve this is by repeatedly opening clients and trying to log in until, eventually, I log in properly. I don't know what it is that allows me to finally log in all the way. Beyond that, I don't know why I'm having problems logging in in the first place, but I'm hoping it doesn't have anything to do with my campus' wi-fi.

Any ideas?
Old 02-01-2011, 04:15 PM
Wizardess

Teshuvah has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgus View Post
Ever since I returned to college where there is campuswide wi-fi, I've been experiencing problems logging in properly. I can launch the client and log myself in so that the game registers me as being online. But I can't interact. Mostly there's just a gray screen where the picture should be. Sometimes my inventory screen loads sparkles with the text and the terrain screen will load the text with sparkles too. Waiting a long time doesn't help; nothing loads. So I'll X out of the client and launch it again. It says I've "reconnected", but I still can't interact.

The only way I've been able to solve this is by repeatedly opening clients and trying to log in until, eventually, I log in properly. I don't know what it is that allows me to finally log in all the way. Beyond that, I don't know why I'm having problems logging in in the first place, but I'm hoping it doesn't have anything to do with my campus' wi-fi.

Any ideas?
Is it possible to take your computer and use another internet somewhere to see if its the campus wi-fi or not?
It really sounds like it is. but if you could try another internet it would be easier to know for sure.
Old 02-01-2011, 04:39 PM

Crier has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via AIM to Crier

That is what happened to me when I was in school too. The only way I could fix it was to either log on with mobile internet (A verizon stick thing) or I would log on with telnet. I could never fix it though.
"Big Brother in the form of an increasingly powerful government and in an increasingly powerful private sector will pile the records high with reasons why privacy should give way to national security, to law and order [...] and the like." - Justice William O. Douglas

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security would deserve neither and lose both." -Benjamin Franklin