Wyvern Forums

Review Wyvern Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Arcade
Go Back   Wyvern Forums > Archive > Wyvern Forums Archive > Wyvern Help
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chatbox Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Wyvern Help Ask, answer, and provide information regarding the game or forum.

Old 03-11-2011, 10:33 PM

malyce has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Talking I have a couple of questions?

1. Is Magic Whip physical damage or magic damage?
2. Does Strength affect the damage on magic whip?
3.When training a weapon, every level of the weapon increases accuracy, or does the accuracy stop at a certain level and only power after every skill?
4.Mana Shield potions absorb how much?
5.How Exsacly does Vamp Blade work, a % of your damage? or certain HP returned per hit?
6.Can Destruction be cast with -Spirit?

Thank You Very Much
any questions you can answer are appreciated
Old 03-11-2011, 11:58 PM

peacemaster has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via MSN to peacemaster

1) magical on its own
2) as far as I can tell no, but didn't go all the way to 20
3) not really sure of how you could test this. For monsters, it doesn't really matter that much
4) been a while since I used them so better not to answer that one
5) can't really give you a number, but it seemed to heal (at 25 death) enough when I played around with it, note: you can't cast on a magic whip
6) doubt it with the new system, and before you still wanted to have some spirit to increase the range

Hope this helps. Been inactive for a while, slowly getting used to the game again
Old 03-12-2011, 12:53 AM

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacemaster View Post
1) magical on its own
2) as far as I can tell no, but didn't go all the way to 20
3) not really sure of how you could test this. For monsters, it doesn't really matter that much
4) been a while since I used them so better not to answer that one
5) can't really give you a number, but it seemed to heal (at 25 death) enough when I played around with it, note: you can't cast on a magic whip
6) doubt it with the new system, and before you still wanted to have some spirit to increase the range

Hope this helps. Been inactive for a while, slowly getting used to the game again
thanks, can you apply any type of blade spells to my death whip? for example fire blade or shock blade?
Old 03-12-2011, 01:40 AM

goonyton has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Been a while since I used static blade. I am pretty sure I was not able to cast it on magic whip.
Old 03-12-2011, 02:27 AM

Frosten has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

strength does affect magic whip, as with enough death you can kill will o the wisps with it (like 10 or so)

i almost guarantee you will not be casting destruction with - spirit.

and static/frost/flame blade all can go on magic whip, static blade only works for like 1 or 2 hits though.

Glacio (Frost Giant Axeman) (level 30)
Then (Human Mage) (level 28)
Shoot (Rakshasa Caveman) (level 26)
Magiz (Halfling Enchanter) (level 26)
Patron (Human Conjurer) (level 25)
Dboss (Halfling Rogue) (level 25)
Old 03-12-2011, 08:44 AM

Rhana has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Any spell that requires one or two elements and you have a - value in either one of those, you won't be able to cast; you'd just get a message saying "You do not have enough <_______> skill" or something.

Not sure how much mana pots absorb, but they were pretty well for me, having 130 something hp w/o a sash and 160 sp.
Old 03-12-2011, 02:52 PM
Player Mod

Irlazy has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

I was always under the impression that mana pots absorbed around 70 but I'm not positive on that one.
Old 03-12-2011, 06:08 PM

Kama has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irlazy View Post
I was always under the impression that mana pots absorbed around 70 but I'm not positive on that one.
I'm pretty sure that's right; at 7 spirit trained it's 90%, and most potions/wands/etc. seem to be 5 in the skill - which would make MS pots 70%.

For those that are curious -

Mana Shield Dam. Absorb Rate

Base - 20%
1- 30%
2 -40%
3 -50%
4 -60%
5 -70%
6 -80%
7 -90%

That should be fairly accurate - from what I know it's a 10% increase per level in Spirit Magic up to 7.
Old 03-13-2011, 03:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosten View Post
strength does affect magic whip, as with enough death you can kill will o the wisps with it (like 10 or so)

and static/frost/flame blade all can go on magic whip, static blade only works for like 1 or 2 hits though.
how about vamp blade, does it work on magic whip?
Old 03-13-2011, 12:16 PM

Crier has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via AIM to Crier

Nope, vamp blade will not work on a magic whip.
"Big Brother in the form of an increasingly powerful government and in an increasingly powerful private sector will pile the records high with reasons why privacy should give way to national security, to law and order [...] and the like." - Justice William O. Douglas

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security would deserve neither and lose both." -Benjamin Franklin
Old 03-13-2011, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosten View Post

does static blade still only work for 1 or 2 hits, does it always do 1 or 2 hits, is it a bug?

thanks
Old 03-13-2011, 10:16 PM

Kabroz has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by malyce View Post
does static blade still only work for 1 or 2 hits, does it always do 1 or 2 hits, is it a bug?

thanks
I'd assume that it's not a bug based on the fact that the electricity will discharge as soon as the weapon makes contact with the enemy.
Old 03-14-2011, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabroz View Post
I'd assume that it's not a bug based on the fact that the electricity will discharge as soon as the weapon makes contact with the enemy.
Exactly. It's only meant to last one or two hits, being 'static'.
Old 03-14-2011, 01:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kama View Post
Exactly. It's only meant to last one or two hits, being 'static'.
does flame blade and frost blade have the same affect? or do they last a longer period of time?
Old 03-14-2011, 01:47 AM

jezrald has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by malyce View Post
does flame blade and frost blade have the same affect? or do they last a longer period of time?
Life blade lasts for around 3-5 minutes, I think, although I never timed it precisely, and I've not tested at high levels of Life. I believe frost blade and flame blade (and probably vampire blade too, for that matter) act similarly, with static blade being the one exception.
Old 03-14-2011, 03:54 AM

goonyton has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by jezrald View Post
Life blade lasts for around 3-5 minutes, I think, although I never timed it precisely, and I've not tested at high levels of Life. I believe frost blade and flame blade (and probably vampire blade too, for that matter) act similarly, with static blade being the one exception.

That is correct, frost blade and flame blade last a while. It should be noted that flame blade hurts your weapons when it stops. Life blade and static blade do not. I am not sure about frost blade. I am fairly sure it does not hurt your weapons, but I would not bet too much on that.

When I used static blade I had 10-13 air magic and the effect only lasted for 1 hit. If it did a lot of damage that would be ok. I was using it in the hope that if I lagged or got D/Ced and a monster got close, the monster would be hurt real bad before it could hurt me. I stopped using it when I figured out that the plain light weight diamond sword that I was using at the time did more damage without the static blade spell. (Someone will likely reply telling us that I am wrong. If it does more damage than just than the sword I was using it was not much or it has been changed in the last 2-3 years.)

P.S. For those who knows what it means, the sword was made by Fred.

Last edited by goonyton : 03-14-2011 at 03:56 AM.
Old 03-14-2011, 04:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jezrald View Post
Yes, static blade is the one exception.
Old 03-14-2011, 06:45 PM

Kabroz has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by goonyton View Post
I am not sure about frost blade.
Frost blade, to my understanding, makes your weapon less durable over the duration, meaning your weapon would wear out faster with frost blade on than without it on.