Wyvern Forums

Review Wyvern Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Arcade
Go Back   Wyvern Forums > Archive > Wyvern Forums Archive > General
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chatbox Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General For serious discussions about general Wyvern topics.

Old 02-23-2012, 04:16 PM

Penny has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via MSN to Penny
Default I just wanted to say hello.

I do still think about this game somewhat often. I tell people about it as a sort of legend. :P I hope it comes back up sooner rather than later and that it won't be given up on.

As for me, I've been very busy with my personal life. I moved a gazillion times and now I am back in my hometown. Funny I should be, because now I am learning two styles of martial arts from the same master who taught me for a very short period of time over a decade ago (he doesn't remember me, and I didn't try to make him :P).
I'm also in emergency medical service training. The course only takes four months... which means it's a lot more intense (learning so much in such a short period of time). Virtually all my spare time goes into practicing martial arts, studying, and volunteering at an animal shelter. And of course squeezing in time to talk to my husband (he's been deployed for almost a year, and thankfully will be home soon because a lot of my marbles have gone missing...).

Anyway, I just wanted to let you guys know... I actually have a Youtube channel that I post on occassionally but I don't know if any of you would be interested in that. I have maybe four of you on Facebook. O.o
Old 02-23-2012, 07:26 PM
Player Mod

Jacksparow has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Hi penny! Sounds like you've got a pretty busy schedule. I wish you the beat on your EMS training. It's a great thing to have on your resumé or to use for a
career persuement.
Old 02-23-2012, 07:26 PM

Odolf has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Welcome back to the community, such as it is. It's always nice to see another Wyvernite.
Old 02-24-2012, 02:06 AM

Jackolantirn has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via AIM to Jackolantirn Send a message via MSN to Jackolantirn Send a message via Yahoo to Jackolantirn Send a message via Skype™ to Jackolantirn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny View Post
I tell people about it as a sort of legend.
I concur. Wyvern is a legendary game, and I also share stories of it in a similar fashion.

Also, I miss you, Freddy.
Old 02-24-2012, 09:38 PM

Morgus has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

I share stories about it with my college roommates. They remain unimpressed, as most of them play WoW and other grand scale RPGs like Skyrim and Guildwars. I hate them ALL.
Old 02-24-2012, 11:27 PM

jezrald has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgus View Post
I share stories about it with my college roommates. They remain unimpressed, as most of them play WoW and other grand scale RPGs like Skyrim and Guildwars. I hate them ALL.
All your roommates, or all the other RPGs?

Jezrald is a Level 27 Halfling Archer; my other alts are all below 20.
Old 02-25-2012, 12:19 AM

Penny has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via MSN to Penny

Thankyou all for the responses.
Yes, this game is indeed a legend. I feel it had (or has, with any hope) a lot of very original ideas which is something very uncommon.

Wasn't thinking about my resume, Blackbeard. xD But I guess that's true.
I'm doing it for the glory (or something xD ... actually had to write an essay explaining why, and it was worth a big chunk of our final grade...).
Old 02-25-2012, 12:48 AM

Odolf has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

One thing Wyvern has that is extremely hard to find elsewhere is an open and friendly community. I met some of my best and oldest friends playing this game, and we've only gotten closer over the years. Maybe it's something about the unforgiving difficulty of the game that compels people to work together, but the community is certainly one of a kind.
Old 02-25-2012, 10:49 AM

Jackolantirn has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via AIM to Jackolantirn Send a message via MSN to Jackolantirn Send a message via Yahoo to Jackolantirn Send a message via Skype™ to Jackolantirn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odolf View Post
One thing Wyvern has that is extremely hard to find elsewhere is an open and friendly community.
One thing Wyvern taught me...
Is that vegetables have no distinct characteristics that differentiate themselves different from fruits. The term "fruit" has been scientifically defined, where as the term "vegetable" is more of a cultural term instead of a scientific term.
... That's what the person I talked to on Wyvern told me, anyways. That was... quite a long time ago.

... /shamed for not knowing that sooner.

Also, I miss you, Freddy.