Wyvern Forums

Review Wyvern Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Arcade
Go Back   Wyvern Forums > Archive > Wyvern Forums Archive > Suggestions
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chatbox Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Suggestions Post any suggestions for new Wyvern content here that is too complicated to explain in the idea log or that you want to first get feedback on from other players.

Old 04-01-2008, 01:15 PM

Salkand has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via AIM to Salkand
Lightbulb New spells, armor, and other equipment, complete with alterations to precedent.

New Spells

Alteration
I think a slight alteration to the fireball/blizzard spell is in order. I think it would be in the favor of everyone to lower the radius of the fireball/blizzard spells at high levels, but to increase the capable damage it does to its target (this effect would take place after training 25+ fire). What this would do is keep the damage a fireball does the same as it currently is, but forces it to do that damage faster, allowing high level mages to be able to cast more fireballs.
Example: If you doubled the damage of fireball but cut it's radius of attack down in half it will do the same damge as perviously, but will also dissipate faster and allow you to more quickly cast another groups of fireballs.

Alteration
I also believe that certain spells should do damage to the caster. I.E. fireball, blizzard,firespray, death ray...This would be the case regardless of level or training.

Alteration
Death ray actually kills your caster too, but when you die you lose xp, which is fine if you made a mistake training, but in PK it's unfair that you might lose xp to your own attack. So on the world map and other maps used for PK, killing yourself shouldn't induce the loss of Xp.

Alteration
When a wizard silences/mutes you it says (wizard's name) has silenced/muted you for (blank) minutes. . .. I suggest getting rid of the wizard's name and just having it say, You have been silenced/muted by a wizard for: (reason). The case being, when someone has a problem with a wizard, and that wizard is the one who punishes them, it is probably taken as a personally attack as opposed to a just punishment. So if your name is not part of the message, at least you have the ability to claim ignorance to the punishment. I wish I could have secret idea logged this in a seperate part of the forums, but meh.

Alteration
We need more variety of mages, fire/water mage is so used up now that it's almost not worth training more than 1 mage. Note: I am not suggesting more offensive spells for any element. I am suggesting other uses for the elements.
Example: Earth could be a great defensive element. Maybe a melee resist spell, or a earthen armor spell that doesn't bungle but gives good resist.

Alteration
I would personally like to see more shops like the armor shop in New verdan, or Vesimas. It doesn't make much sense RP wise that the merchandise is on the floor of the shop, reagents should be on a display cast, swords should be hanging on walls, etc. I believe this idea could do many things. In the case of cities like Minath, you could cut the amount of reagents the store carries by 1/3 its original amount, then open 2 more stores.
This might give large cities a better feeling of actually being large, also it might encourage a wyvern enconomy. Prices could go down or up depending on various considerations.

Alteration
Get rid of "Hall of Famer" in the titles for people level 25 +. I do not believe that the title holds the same honor that it once did, also I personally think it hurts the RP aspect of the game, as opposed to ArchMage or Paladin.

Alteration
LQ like Raze and Gore need to be fixed to incorperate more than just fighting a giant monster. Killing Minions should also count towards the winning player, as well as who killed the most, who did the moss damage. I don't think the winner should be based off of one aspect of fighting. Also, getting to gore, or gore escaping should be a part of the LQ.

Alteration
Monsters having magical recoil, which effects mages who hit that monster with magic.

New Spell
Name: Melee resist
Reagent: None
Lore 10
Element: Earth & life
Description: This spell gives the caster temporary melee resistance, the types of damage and the amount of resist % wise is dependant on your earth skill, Life effecting duration. (As a precaution from preventing anyone from learning this spell) You need high amounts of earth to use this spell, any earth below 10 and this spell will actually lower your melee resistance.

New Spell
Name: Acid recoil
Reagents: sparkweed, nightshade berries
Lore: 10
Element Earth and Death
Description: This spell causes the caster to have acid recoil (You have to have at least 10 in both elements for this spell to work). (This spell can not be used with the next spell suggestion). (The mana used for this spell can not be regained until the spell is complete)

New Spell
Name: Magical Recoil
Reagents: pixie dust, ???
Lore: 10
Element: Earth and Spirit
Description: This spell causes the caster to have a strong recoil to magical attacks. Anyone who hits you with a spell will feel recoil similiar to a meleers. You have to have 10 in both element to use the spell (This spell and the previously mentioned spell can not be used at the same time). (The mana used for this spell can not be regained until the spell is complete).

New Armor
Girdle of greater strength, gives more strength at the cost of HP.

New Weapon
Poisoned arrows, poisons the target it hits.

That is all for this post, if you hadn't guessed, I no longer post individual ideas, I post all of the ideas I have, but do not go into too great of detail anymore. O hope this makes some of them easier to understand, as well as giving you a wide variety to talk about.

~Salkand
Old 04-01-2008, 08:11 PM

Penny has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via MSN to Penny

I agree with the first idea, but the second one is dumb (no offense, lolz). But I guess if their resists are strong enough to protect them from their own magic and all they have to do is cast them then it's not a problem, but constantly killing yourself due to your skill set would suck.

I think you meant to say that death ray should kill the caster too (if they run into it) but NOT make them lose xp... and if that's not what you mean, then you're nuts.

I like knowing who mutes me. If we got muted for a stupid reason but we didn't know who muted us we wouldn't be able to report it to Rhialto.

Earth providing melee resist and whatnot is a good idea, as long as you can still use Earth magic to attack. The reason water and fire are so popular is because they're what's needed most for resists, so other elements should have something like that too. But, for real, we need resists for Earthquake and stuff.

No magic recoil. D: They'd end up making archer recoil too. Recoil is supposed to be our advantage.

I think acid recoil should be death and water, not earth and death, but whateva.

And I like the idea of poisoned arrows.
Old 11-26-2008, 09:59 PM

kurokaji has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

new spells, weapons and armor would be great, yet i feel that some adjustments to old ones would be a good. I think that if you were able to see different armor and weapons you wore it would be a great addition. the same thing for spell such as lightning blade and so on.
Old 11-26-2008, 10:20 PM
Forum Admin

Arilou has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurokaji View Post
I think that if you were able to see different armor and weapons you wore it would be a great addition.
Wyvern isn't that type of game. Where as other games focus more on the visual, Wyvern wants to give you more variety and in order to do something like that we'd have to cut back on the number of playable races and the number of weapons/armor available to you. New items made after that would be few and far between, as we'd need a graphic to represent the image in your inv, we'd need 3-4 graphics to represent the image on the player as their view changes, and we'd need an additional 3-4 with each new race template.

Games that do that type of thing end up having very little varition between graphics of same race, (look at the size difference between Human graphics in Wyvern and in all hof images) very few playable races, and a limited selection of items (which are often recolorations of each other). Some games do it better than others, depending on how much money they have to spend on paying an art department, but a lot of them have much to be desired. Where as Wyvern allows a wizard to make whatever quirky items they want on the fly by drawing one just one, simple graphic. This is why Wyvern is modeled after MUDs. Yes, it has a graphical interface, but it's meant to be simple to allow content to be added as easily as possible so you have a richer and more detailed playing experience so long as you're willing to use your imagination to fill in some of the blanks the limited graphics provide. All the while, remaining completely free to play.