Wyvern Forums

Review Wyvern Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Arcade
Go Back   Wyvern Forums > Archive > Wyvern Forums Archive > Wyvern Development
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chatbox Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Wyvern Development Here you can discuss anything and everything involving creating your own content for Wyvern. Have a problem with an arch file or a map? Want to show off something you've been working on? If so this is the place for you.

Old 11-26-2008, 09:47 PM

kurokaji has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Bow and arrow

heres a question. how much user created maps and monsters do u normally actually use. do alot of people actually make maps and monsters, if so why dont i see new areas being added to wyvern, is it worth putting my time into? i just really want to get the spark that me and my friends use to have on wyvern if i can help by creating new creative maps then so be it. I feel that people seeing the same maps with no addition takes awa from the adventure experience. this is a opinion, of course, and if there is anything innacurate of my view please let me know. wyvern is such a great game, i just feel it needs new content
Old 11-26-2008, 10:03 PM
Forum Admin

Arilou has disabled reputation

We don't use any player submitted maps. They have to submit maps as part of their review to become a wizard and once promoted add the maps to the game themselves. Our wizard base is always working on new areas and, in fact, they have created over 12,000 unique maps. Some are in production still, but most are in the game. New content is always slow going as we don't want to just throw together some things, slap on some paint, and toss it on the server. We want it to be the best it can be so we take our time to bring you quality maps.

As for player submitted graphics, we use quite a bit of it and try to make sure all wizards have access to it so it can be as widespread as possible. Many wizards have actually gotten their start submitting graphics for us as players. Arisu, is one such example and you can see some of her work on her webpage (http://www.freewebs.com/thearisuco/).
Old 11-26-2008, 10:28 PM

kurokaji has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Bow and arrow

so are the new maps added onto old cities and areas? is there any future for new city developments. thanx for the info
Old 11-26-2008, 10:40 PM
Forum Admin

Arilou has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurokaji View Post
so are the new maps added onto old cities and areas? is there any future for new city developments. thanx for the info
Often times, new content is added to old areas, yes. Wizards like to expand pre-existing areas or redo portions (which often lead to more maps) and they allow other wizards to put their content in their areas (i.e. there's a bunch of stuff in Minath that was contributed by various wizards). These things happen on a regular basis without much fanfare. Sometimes, if it's especially interesting, players will talk about it, but things only make the news if they're big additions. So a lot tends to go unnoticed by the majority until they take the time to explore a certain area or word gets to them.

Big news worthy projects are still being worked on as well, but most of it won't be towns or cities. When it comes to maps, we're trying to produce more dungeon type areas and other interesting things. But, the village of Stoneybrook was introduced earlier this year and there have been a few other types of areas like the alien space ship, the auto-lq maps, the new gauntlet maps, a new quest by Valkon, the work done for the summer feast which still has to make its way into the game, etc. All of that in addition to smaller changes within pre-existing areas (i.e. various updates to Minath house maps were made this year).

Btw, if you're not aware, there have been news posts in the in-game newspapers which have not made the webpage news. Newspapers can be found in various Inns and old editions can be found in the Adventurer's Guild.