Wyvern Forums

Review Wyvern Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Arcade
Go Back   Wyvern Forums > Archive > Wyvern Forums Archive > Suggestions
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chatbox Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Suggestions Post any suggestions for new Wyvern content here that is too complicated to explain in the idea log or that you want to first get feedback on from other players.

Old 01-02-2008, 09:23 PM

Unknown has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Default New guild

Ok. Its ok that you dont like the idea, all i want to know is what you dont like about it?

Is the idea of be forced to go back to lvl 1? (cos is not an obligation join the guild) is the city guard going afther you? (ok, that could be a bad idea), is cos the guild could be a secret?, is cos its pirates? or is just that is diferent?. please if you are going to make a reply say something usefull (say what you dont like and why).
For example, i did make a mistake is gun powder machine and not gun power that was an usefull reply. I agree that the game is fine as it is right now, but once you hit a realy high lvl some people (me for example) want the chance to start over with out making a new char, start over as something diferent and special.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

I have an idea for a new guild. Pirates. You need to solve a quest and pay over 1M gc in order to be accepted in this guild, also your need have a negative alignment at the moment of entering the guild, and be over lvl 15.

The guild is a secret and you are able to join after you end the quest.

There is no lvling in this guild, and there is nothing special in this guild but:
1) You cant join any other guild.
2) You are atomically in the pk guild.
3) City guards will always follow you, and if they kill you then you go to jail for 0 minutes (unless you have committed a crime).
4) You get reset to lvl 1.
5) You win half xp.
6) You may get a new pic. (you may say yes or not at the moment of joining the guild, custom artwork for each race)
7) You can swim and don’t get drown (under water areas will make you drown).
8) Your alignment the better it can get is neutral.
9) You can call a ship in the word map any time (the ship appear and when you get down it disappear)
10) You can use gun power weapons.
11) You get hungry faster.
12) The guild steal all your non quest items (LQ items doesn’t count as quest items), and you are able to solve again any one time solvable minyquest.

Gun power weapon. Really strong long range weapon that need to be charged before use, strength doesn’t affect this weapons but find weakness does (and it have a big effect). The weapon will tell the number of times it can shoot, the damage it does, and the charge time. To charge the weapon you need powder and bullets.

For example, a sniper weapon (rifle) does pierce damage, lots of damage, take long time in charge, and can shoot only 2 times. Wile a normal gun does pierce damage, regular damage, takes little time in charge and can shoot 8 times. Another weapon could be cannon, it does smash damage, lots of damage, take long time in charge, and can be shoot only 1 time.

The idea of this guild is to be an rp one… and like this there could be other guilds, and I think it’s a nice option for high lvl players to get back to 0 and make things harder with out lose the character

I know wizes and most of the players don’t like this idea, but I do… and by the way this idea got inspired on arilou vampires one.

Last edited by Unknown : 01-14-2008 at 12:31 AM.
Old 01-02-2008, 09:35 PM
Player Mod

Clubbz has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Why add more stuff to the game, especially of this size, when there are many things which can be fixed? It isn't just because I'm not very fond of this idea, it's just that wyvern doesn't really need large additions until many of the current problems are fixed.
Old 01-02-2008, 09:55 PM
Player Mod

Jacksparow has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

I'm sorry but this is in the same line as salkand's lich boats IMO.
Old 01-03-2008, 12:59 AM

wyvernRa has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

anything but pirates!

Last edited by wyvernRa : 01-03-2008 at 01:46 AM.
Old 01-03-2008, 01:29 PM

Hamel has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Thumbs down

Ugh. pirates? Nooo! D=

And whats a "gun power weapon"? You probably mean, "gun powder weapon".
Old 01-03-2008, 01:45 PM

Salkand has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via AIM to Salkand

jacksparow, one I never suggest anything about lich boats...two the Demons and Boats reference that Arilou always uses was before your time.
Old 01-03-2008, 07:25 PM

Valdor the Great has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via MSN to Valdor the Great

This idea is worthless.
Old 01-12-2008, 03:46 PM

ennal has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

that idea cant get worst
Old 01-13-2008, 07:57 PM

Mykenubie has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown View Post
*insert incredibly stupid idea here*

I love this image.
Old 01-15-2008, 04:33 PM

fikolmij has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Well seeing as you went to the effort to type so much I shall be a little more constructive in my criticism than some.

There are several primary problems with this idea.

I challenge anyone to make decent XP and keep a bad alignment without killing elves or naga guards.

Guns and gunpowder do not fit into the game, if you want guns there are lots of games with guns in.

Can you really see anyone whose anyone joining the guild and losing all their items. This sounds like a guild for cop outs who couldn't quite cut it in the real Wyvern world.

The game can't correctly support 2 projectile systems (Hurled and Ranged). Hurled hasn't worked for a very very very long time and if I remember correctly it was broken in order to make Ranged work properly. So how do you expect someone to add a third?

Just my 2 cents.

Fiko
Old 01-15-2008, 09:02 PM

Unknown has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

thnx fiko, to answer some of those things. gun powder weapons is a ranged weapon. if the game have pirates i think gun powder weapons fit well. i do think many people that have fit in wyvern will join the guild (i myself would join, afther 3 hofers). And last, the idea is that the BEST alightment you can have is neutral, it doesnt matter if you kill bad monsters, you will be in the bad guys top list no matter what. Any way thanx for the comment
Old 01-15-2008, 11:03 PM

Logwad has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via AIM to Logwad Send a message via MSN to Logwad

If you search for arilou's posts and guns, I believe you he has mentioned that at some point they may be implemented in some way. Just not for a while.

After all, we still have existing weapon types to fill up.