Wyvern Forums

Review Wyvern Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Arcade
Go Back   Wyvern Forums > Archive > Wyvern Forums Archive > Suggestions
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chatbox Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Suggestions Post any suggestions for new Wyvern content here that is too complicated to explain in the idea log or that you want to first get feedback on from other players.

Old 02-12-2009, 07:00 PM

Morphan has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

The Jormundgar sounds way to small (1 square?!?!?!) for its stature and level requirement. Also, if it has the same hp as a dragon/hydra, it should be serpent size! Still, I think nagas are already slightly overpowered (not really with the resists fault).

But, here's my shift and spell suggestion.

Naga Dragonkin/Dragonman

A dragon-man hybrid. Offers the versatility of man, with the supreme power of dragons. It can wear boots and stuff humans can wear!

Lvl. 25 required

Needs 15 med. or a bit less to sustain.
2 to 2.5 times hp (probably just 2X)

Attacks: Bite (optional), Slash, Stab, Smash (weaker than the others)
Passive Attacks: Poison breath and/or fire breath (a weaker variation, as to avoid too much overpower)

It can wield weapons as well! But, not reccomended.

Spellz

I will agree with a fellow Wyverneer about Icebolt (the water variation of firebolt).

Iceberg

Hurls a large chunk of ice (up to 3 squares wide, if water magic is high enough) at the monster. It does pretty good water damage and isn't too much of a burden for mana. It can be 1/2 spammed at monsters.

Glacier

Stronger variation of Iceberg. Ice can go to up to 5 squares wide and it does ALMOST twice the damage. Not reccomended for "spamming".
Old 02-13-2009, 01:29 PM

Latvis has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via MSN to Latvis

To me another naga form will just overpower them, but I like the thought of new spells.

Alter Reality
This spell is of Mind, Spirit, and Air(or earth).This spell causes random things to happen.Regents skull.
Mind is for the strength of the spell.
Spirit is for the duration.
Air increases to odds of casting a high level spell.
*What this spell does is starts out with 100% chance to cast a lore one spell, as you go up in air this % goes down and ones for higher lore go up. For a spell such a fireball, mind would be treated like the fire skill.For a spell such as Resist Fire, mind would be fire and spirit would be light.

Silence
This spell is of Spirit and Light. This spell prevents others from casting their own spells.(PK)
Spirit is for the strength or size.
Light is for the duration.
*It creates a zone such as that from frost wave that stays active for a time. Players in this zone are unable to cast spells.

Firestorm
This is a spell of fire and mind. This spell spreads fire all over the map.Regent sulfur.
Fire is for the amount.
Mind is for the strength.
*This spell drops fire at random all over the map.

Ice wall
This is a spell of water. This spell creates a wall of ice.Regent Vile of water.
Water is for the strength.
*It is like the earth wall but weaker vs fire and blunt.Resistant to water spells

Rockslide
This is a spell of earth. This spell casts a cone of rocks and dirt.Regent rock.
Earth is for strength.
*Like firespray but does blunt damage.

Mana Wave
This is a spell of spirit. This spell unleashes a wave of mana.
Spirit is for strength.
*Like a frost wave but with spirit and does slashing damage.

Push
This is a spell of mind. This spell pushes a opponet away from caster.
Mind is for strength.
*It pushes monsters or players away. Spreads like firespray but can only push so far.

Bone Wall
This is a spell of death. This spell creates a wall of bones in front of caster.Regent bone.
Death is for strength.
*Like earth wall but has a melee(stab) recoil.

Manadrain Blade
This is a spell of spirit. This spell enchants blade to drain mana to caster. Mana used cannot be recovered till the end of the spell.
Spirit is for strength.
*like drain blade but converts damage to mana.

Decoy
This is a spell of air and mind. This spell creates a clone of the caster to distract others. Regent ???.
Mind is for Strength(hp and resists)
Air is for duration.
*It will make a clone of the caster to distract monsters or players. It has only so much health and resistance to magic.

Create shade
This is a spell of death.This spell fixes darkness to the ground.
Death is for strength.
*It's like a reverse cont.light spell.

Duststorm
This is a spell of earth and air. This spell unleashes a duststorm around the caster.
Earth is for strength.
Air is for size.
*creates a frost wave like storm of dust.(sandstorm like damage)

Eruption
This is a spell of fire and earth. This spell sprays lava all around the caster.Regents rock and sulfur.
Fire is for strength.
Earth is for strength and size.
*spreads lava(fire) around the caster. Fire adds greater damage then earth but points must be put in earth for larger cast area.

Banish Undead
This is a spell of light. This spell creates a cone of light that greatly damages undead.Regents Vile of Water or ???.
Light is for strength.
*Like the firespray spell but only damages undead. Does a large amount of damage.

**Not sure about some stuff because the site is down but it shouldn't matter.
Old 02-13-2009, 03:50 PM

Morphan has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Nice spell ideas Latvis, but I think that you got it backwards for Firestorm... Fire should be strength and mind should be area.

PS: Isn't Silence from Fire Emblem?
PSS: For Banish Undead, vial of water sounds like an unsuitable reagent (water to tackle undead?!?!?). Maybe something like Sparkweed (well, closest thing I can find to light). And also, it should be Evocation of Life...

Last edited by Morphan : 02-13-2009 at 03:53 PM.
Old 02-15-2009, 03:18 AM

Deaf has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

silence an interrupt spell like guild wars? lol wyvern does not have casting times...
Old 02-16-2009, 08:15 AM

Latvis has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via MSN to Latvis

Vile of water was the only thing I could think of that would be close to ->.(holy water). As for the firestorm I thought it could be more like teleporting small fireballs.

P.S. Was thinking more of a D&D silence spell.
Old 02-16-2009, 12:09 PM

Hamel has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Although I like the idea of new spells, I must say that most of those suggested are just different forms of the same offensive spells we have now, but for different elements.

What I would like to see in Wyvern is more spells like the "Silence" spell just suggested. In fact, I had once thought of a spell very much like that. But I think a better name for it would be 'anti-magic field', and it should probably effect most monsters. It also would be better if it followed the caster, effected the caster, was very small, was a very high lore level and required a lot of very expensive reagents. (dragon hearts and unicorn horns anyone?)

But something I would really like to see is a weapon or piece of armor, probably a artifact, that generates a anti-magic field. Better yet, a monster that does so. Now that would be fun in RDs and LQs.

But if you really want new maps, spells, armor, weapons or monsters? You will probably just have to make them yourself. And even if you did make them, you would have to become a wizard to put them in the game. Good luck with that. :/

Last edited by Hamel : 02-16-2009 at 12:12 PM.
Old 02-16-2009, 12:59 PM
Forum Admin

Arilou has disabled reputation

There is an anti-magic field spell. It's called time stop. A number of monsters (i.e. black dragons) cast it and it stops all players and all monsters from casting spells within that map until it wears out. Because of the nature of the spell, it would be unbalanced if it was a generally used monster spell, so obviously it's also too much to be a player spell - The spell must carefully be used with monsters that are not in heavy spellcaster maps, otherwise it ends up giving certain players an advantage as they can just pick off the spellcasters with ease. For example, if you can ever go into a map filled with Liches and either turn off spellcasting yourself or have it turned off for you, we'd have a very serious balance issue on our hands.

Silence, on the other hand, is on Rhialto's todo list, but it's different than what you and Latvis suggested which is why it wouldn't be such a problem that we'd need to be selective with who or what casts it:

Quote:
silence (subject may not be able to cast spells, or fumbles more...)