Wyvern Forums

Review Wyvern Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Arcade
Go Back   Wyvern Forums > Archive > Wyvern Forums Archive > General
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chatbox Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General For serious discussions about general Wyvern topics.

Old 02-04-2011, 11:20 PM

Trayr is trapped in an Inn behind a dozen clones
Default 10th Anniversary

I'd like to thank the Wizards for putting so much time and effort into making Wyverns 10th Anniversary. It was so much fun, especially MMA. Even though it was a bit buggy, the new arena was pretty cool. I'd also like to thank the players that made it fun, except for deathwish who killed me... I can't wait for the 20th Anniversary.

~~Aeroth
Old 02-05-2011, 11:06 PM

Fergy has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

The 'Last Gauntlet' scared me. It made me think the anniversary was one last day of fun before Wyvern was retired.

I'm glad to see that this was just the end of a chapter and not the end of the book.

Fergy
Old 02-05-2011, 11:21 PM

Kama has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Default A Toast to Wyvern! (And 10 Years Strong)

I'd like to take this moment to offer a very gracious toast to Wyvern, and all it's wonderful developers. Most notably the Arch Wizards Teshuvah, Arilou, and Binyaman, but also to all the lesser-known wizards that have worked diligently behind the scenes to make the game what it is today (Oh, and I almost forgot Contrare - sorry Contrare, and anyone else I forgot ).

*raises rum bottle*

And of course, to Rhialto! - for having the vision and dedication to create this truly amazing anomaly in the online gaming world, a free-to-play game entirely ran and coded by volunteers. If somebody had told me when I first started playing how Wyvern would look today, I never would've believed them - and I can honestly say there is, (and I predict never will be), any online game that I would rather play. You have my (and I'm sure other's) eternal gratitude (And the servitude of my first-born children in Wyvern's dungeons, though I kind of promised that to Ted Nelson already.. ). *bows*

So here's to Wyvern, and 10 Years Strong!

(I look forward to witnessing Wyvern's 20th Anniversary on February 4th, 2021. Heck, I've stuck around this long - I really don't think I'm going anywhere).

*gulps down rum and stumbles out of the room, mumbling incoherently*
Old 02-06-2011, 08:20 PM

Zeofar has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

I'd also like to thank the Wizards for a spectacular 10th anniversary that left me with no regrets on taking the day off to enjoy it! Great job on Minath Monster Arena, the Live Quests, Ye Olde New Verden, and those wonderful Wyvern Masks. I didn't get to really check out the Pirate Ship, nor have I yet tried The Macabre Olympiad or ventured into the Fae Wyston Graveyard, but I'm sure looking forward to visiting the latter two areas.

And, although he probably won't see it, I'd like to thank Rhialto for stopping by and for giving us insight on his view of the past, present, and future of Wyvern. It's good to know that he's still interested in the game and its wee little players and still sees more good things in store.

So, that's all for now - just a little thanks from me.
Old 01-06-2012, 04:07 PM
Forum Admin

Arilou has disabled reputation

Almost a year later, what do those of you think who attended the event think of it What things did you get to do? What parts were your favorite? Did you get to enjoy the permanent content that came out of the day? Leave a comment and I might quote it as part of the retrospective I'm compiling.
Old 01-06-2012, 05:58 PM

Baurus has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

I had so much fun that day. It was kind of like a summerfest I could participate in since I joined the Wyvern community in mid to late 2008. I love this game a lot and it's definitely made me many different things. Angry... Happy... Sad... Excited... Lots of different emotions i've had from working hard and dying and losing all my xp, and then I guild a new character and I am super happy, or I complete a quest. I've made several friends on Wyvern. Bonecrusher (Belray) being my closest buddy as you guys are sure to see us causing chaos. Sometimes my friends leave and they go do their thing in life and while I miss them in Wyvern i'll never forget the times we had. This game deserves fans like me who want to fight and see this game become something so much better than it already is. But I digress and I'll post some of the moments from the anniversary that will always be instilled in my heart.

I saw Rhialto online. I mean the big boss man. I saw him shout and got to say hello and that was kind of cool. It's kinda like going to a rock n roll show and you see a rock star you idolize and you're up just close enough they might wave or point to you or something. Maybe i'm just a nerd though haha.

I enjoyed seeing Binyamin's billboards up on the way into Minath, and being strong enough to participate in the Goldstein LQ. That was something I hadn't been able to witness since like '08 or so when I was still a new player.

Trying the new MMA was a lot of fun as well. It got a lot better but sadly I think i'm only good enough to complete the old one. Game needs to come back so I can keep trying!

I had been playing as Riordan for so long I was able to save up like 2 million gold and when I was about to start looking for a gem weapon the 10th anniversary has a Theregrim Caravan. I was able to purchase both an amethyst axe, a platinum helmet, and platinum gloves. The moment I had my gem weapon I had worked so hard to achieve I got it and started to tear up a little.

My favorite part of that day was I participated in the final Full Gauntlet LQ. That was so much fun that I wish we could do it every now and then. The gauntlet has always been my favorite LQ and the first time Riordan won a live quest it was a gauntlet that had Locust as the final boss <3 good times Wyvern... Too many good times. :')
Old 01-06-2012, 11:27 PM

Morgus has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

It was definitely a worthwhile experience. I wasn't able to attend much of it because of late afternoon university courses, but there was still plenty going on when I logged in. I most enjoyed getting to see the New Verdan of old, which had nearly vanished from my memory. As a modest player since 2003, I was pleased with the effort and attention from the Wizards that went into the event. Reading Rhialto's update on the website was surprisingly emotional for me. It filled me with a mixture of melancholy and excitement, but left me feeling completely satisfied.