Wyvern Forums

Review Wyvern Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Arcade
Go Back   Wyvern Forums > Archive > Wyvern Forums Archive > Miscellaneous
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chatbox Today's Posts

Miscellaneous For anything related to Wyvern that does not fit into the other forums (this is not a place to goof off and post whatever nonsense comes to mind).

Old 01-18-2009, 02:19 AM

Salkand has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via AIM to Salkand
Default The life and times of an obsessed player.

Please read, enjoy, and understand my obsession (which I have overcome).

obsession 1 (The outcomes of boredom):

I was in the eight grade, first day of school. Had no homework to do and no new books to read. I decided that I should find a game online that I could play, for I had never before played a game with other users (excluding friends). I spent several hours searching for "Free online game" and discovered a site that had short of 100 different online games. I registered for each of them, played them for a week, and finally came to the last game in the list, Wyvern.

Obsession 2 (behind on work):

I had been playing wyvern nonstop for months, I would remain awake until 1:00 AM in the morning, sleep only a few hours, attend school, come home and immediately go onto wyvern. All homework was attempted to be done in first period. Barely passing any of my classes. Test are passed easily, but not enough work is turned in to sustain anything above a C and often times barely that.

Obsession 3 (No more Wyvern):

I am a freshman in high school and my parents banned me from playing wyvern until can get my grades better. I study a little more, but I sneak onto wyvern as much as I can. I still spend most of my day playing wyvern. Do I have a math test tomorrow?

Obsession 4 (The return of wyvern):

My grades are up, I can play wyvern again, but only on the weekends. I play every saturday and sunday (and I sneak on during fridays). I am a sophomore in high school now, and I am still not an HoF.

Obsession 5 (Clans):

I am level 27, I have almost stopped answering to my real name (Ryan). My friends have to actually call me Salkand to get my attention, and they do not even know where the name comes from. Clans are popular in wyvern, and look like fun. I think I will make one and see what happens.

Obsession 6 (war):

The Booger Bears hate me because I created the Demonic Elite. A lot of people are acting like jerks towards me now. It appears you either are with me or against me for a lot of people like me too and want to be in my clan. But a lot of my clan members join and then become inactive. I'll have to launch my own campaign against the BB, I started a clan for fun, but now I actually have to contend with a real war.

Obsession 7 (New Clans):

I had to dismantle the Demonic Elite, I created a new clan called the Coven. It is better structured to eliminate inactive users, and the people of wyvern seem to like it better. Although a lot of people still like to taunt me. I don't really play much anymore, but for some strange reason I enjoy sitting in the auction hall all day talking to people. I spend more time talking than anything now, and It appears to annoy the other players, but that doesn't matter, at least I try not to be sarcastic or rude like some of the players.

Obsession 8 (wyvern is down):

Wyvern went down, I check the forums every day to see if the game comes back up. I repeated a joke about throwing bricks so much that I really got Arilou mad. I guess I need to watch how I overuse jokes. The forums are getting so much use that it is no longer worth reading all the post made per day.

Obsession 9 (wyvern still down):

Wyvern has been down for almost a year and a half, and I have checked the forums every day, and usually several times a day. I can spend hours at a time on a forum with no one else around. . . that is wrong.

Obsession 10 (Wyvern returns):

Wyvern returns and I was able to train again due to such a long downtime. I am able to train again. It is fun to see everyone again, and I am trying to get my clan going once more. Harassment is at an all time high for me. Before it wasn't too bad, almost jokingly, now I am starting to get into arguments with other players. Another thing, I have never gotten mad while playing wyvern. It was always relaxing, but now I find myself getting stressed out, even while playing.

Obsession 11 (The obsession ends):

I have graduated high school, which must be a miracle. I am in college, I still play wyvern regularly. In a sense the wizards have watched me grow up, which is strange to think of. I sold my Omni Rings because I do not intend to train anyone, I used the money to buy a house from Teshuvah. I always wanted a house in wyvern, when Zifa's maps were taken out I thought I would never get the chance. From the moment I log on to the moment I leave, I have to content with "people." I have never before wanted to swear or cuss on wyvern, but now I find that it is actually hard not to swear at certain players.

Obsession 12 (retirement):

I have decided to retire, but first I would like to sell my house, so that I can at least get the money for it before I go. I think I will hold it until irlazy is prepared to buy it. I might get less than what I would get for non friends, but I would prefer if he had it. Has it been almost 6 years of playing wyvern? After all these years the game has finally lost some of its luster. Very few players really want me to stick around. I get reports from friends that even when I am away, they make jokes and insult players who say they like me. I think the wizards kind of dislike me. But it feels like they dislike a lot of older Players. And because of my history with ideas/suggestions that have never been popular I guess I don't have a good street record. Even the new wizards. . . I don't know who they were before they became wizards, but I must have done something to make them mad.

Obsession 13 (Desperation):

I find myself desperate to sell my house, irlazy is taking his time but that doesn't matter. Where before I always thought about wyvern, I now think about airsoft. I need to find more players before our matches can truly become worth while. I am also fascinated with 2012. I started a blog, but am not working too much on it for now. I guess this last obsession was pointless, but for some reason I also had to make 13 obsessions, I am also paranoid. My next thread will be "paranoia of a mad person!"
Old 01-18-2009, 04:51 AM

Steovanni has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Wow... 6 years, grades falling. @.@. Control yourself man! .
Old 01-18-2009, 09:55 AM

Dragif has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Unhappy

Dont leave salky

And i will look down and whisper, No......

Jan 31st 2009 at 5:20 pm in minith auction house

You create a massive electrinum club!
Incredible! You balanced this weapon so well that it is almost indestructible by non-magical means!
You used up a slab.
Old 01-18-2009, 12:00 PM

Deaf has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

For six years, it has been the same for me, excepting the checking even when the game was down thing nor have my parents really cared when I played and played. There used to be a hundred players on and the game was awesome (and laggy) back then; playing pk in the chapel at level 6 with my new firebolt for hours kept me hooked.
Old 01-18-2009, 12:14 PM

Crier has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via AIM to Crier

I'll buy your house >.>
"Big Brother in the form of an increasingly powerful government and in an increasingly powerful private sector will pile the records high with reasons why privacy should give way to national security, to law and order [...] and the like." - Justice William O. Douglas

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security would deserve neither and lose both." -Benjamin Franklin
Old 01-18-2009, 04:05 PM

Salkand has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via AIM to Salkand

Yeah, this was the cliff not version.

I didn't go into things like spending almost 20 hours a day playing wyvern during the summer, etc.
Old 01-18-2009, 06:00 PM

Hamel has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Well Salkand, I assure you that you will be sorely missed. I've always respected you and thought you to be a staple character of Wyvern. It was always people like you who made Wyvern fun, and as you people leave I feel myself losing my desire to play. And if it makes you feel any better, I too have played a bit too much of this game, is four years too long? Perhaps.

Anyway, if you are really leaving this time, I bid you a very fond farewell.

PS: At long last, the pillar is MINE! *cackles manically*
Old 01-18-2009, 08:32 PM

Icy has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

I suppose that you're right to leave, and that Icy thinks that you have put in such... devotion, for lack of another more appropriate term, that the most logical solution is to try and retire. After the house is sold, though. A pleasant number ...you're paranoid of not having 13 obsessions to list, apparently.
Old 01-18-2009, 11:05 PM
Razen

I hope you don't leave Wyvern for good. I would miss seeing you.
Old 01-18-2009, 11:33 PM

Salkand, write a blog! lol Salk's talk, Salky's criticisms, Airsoft Remarkable, Salkand's looks lol haha meh just don't leave

Last edited by Deaf : 01-18-2009 at 11:47 PM.
Old 01-24-2009, 07:21 AM
Player Mod

Irlazy has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Default Always a place...

I feel bad that my purchase was the last thing you really do on this game but I'm happy it went to me and not some knuckle head like deaf >.> XD j/p. But really most of the people on this game respected you and most of the people who respected you liked you. Its too bad that the silent majority didn't speak up more and that the loud few ended up making your last months uncomfortable and stressing. Regardless though you will go down in Wyvern's history like you or not as a staple to the Wyvern Community for years. Happy travels friend and keep safe.

P.S. Once in awhile I'll fight Hamel for the pillar so all was not in vain...
Old 01-25-2009, 10:09 AM
Forum Admin

Binyamin has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Now, how am I s'posed to threaten players with being locked in a no-quit map with you if you quit?

And Arilou? How am I s'posed to spam his in-game mail with things I've cut-n-pasted that you've said?

And new players? How are we to scare the bejeebers out of them by pointing to you and saying, "This is you in six years!" iffins you ain't around?
Old 01-25-2009, 04:34 PM

Icy has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Of course, you find out how - since when has Salkand's departure meant the end of half of the Wyvern community? Of course, a little bit of it dies with Salk, but there's always someone new to take over ...
Old 01-26-2009, 05:55 AM
Player Mod

Irlazy has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

*raises hand* I can volunteer but I will be much less liked, not even my one alts like me D: lol some of you will know what I'm saying, most of you will just say waaahhh??, all you you will think I'm crazy...
Old 02-03-2009, 02:25 PM

bloogah has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

I think I came in around the time the Demonic Elite was ending. I'm sad to see Salkand going. As I was reading all of the goodbyes, a nice sad piece from Chopin was playing on my iTunes.

There are so many good memories of Wyvern that have Salkand in them. And not only the new Salky, but the old adorable red-headed Salky too. For me, Salkand and Wyvern are synonymous. The game just won't feel the same without you.

Don't worry though, we'll still make references to you. And as the older players continue to fade away, the new players will understand less and less until it's just the wizzies going back and forth, "You remember that crazy old Salkand?"
"You mean the Red-Head or the One with the black cloak and the fire stick thing?"

But regardless, anyone who played with you will never forget you. And I don't think you will forget us either. Like you said, it was six years of your life, that's like what? a third right? You can't get away from it. Wyvern is a part of you. And it always will be.
Old 02-12-2009, 08:02 AM

to irlazy: i has knew pallies were up to no good, doing liches off so they can have wyvern to themselves.
Old 02-12-2009, 07:22 PM

Exile has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Every great player gets bored and leaves at some point.. But I'm sure you'll never be forgotten Salkand. You little lich lord you.