Wyvern Forums

Review Wyvern Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Arcade
Go Back   Wyvern Forums > Archive > Wyvern Forums Archive > General
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chatbox Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General For serious discussions about general Wyvern topics.

Old 01-03-2008, 06:28 PM

Frostneo has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Default Something to talk about...

Well, I have been very impatient lately, since I got a chance to play and remembered how much fun the game is, and now I can't play again.

So, I want to give us all something to talk about or debate.

What is your favorite or least favorite thing about wyvern?

Give good reasons for it, I don't want to just read "Dying because it sucks"

I'll give my own opinion either when I get bored enough or after reading other peoples opinions.

Last edited by Frostneo : 01-03-2008 at 06:30 PM.
Old 01-03-2008, 06:49 PM

quijote has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

the following are not my FAVOURITE or least favourite but they almost fall into that category

Good: Reaching new experience level
Bad: Realizing that it'll take ages to level further from there on
Old 01-03-2008, 07:36 PM

Unknown has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

good win a lq
bad argue with a wiz
Old 01-04-2008, 04:26 AM

Mashirafen has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via MSN to Mashirafen

Good: Getting lots of gold an XP from adventures.
Bad: Losing XP by death, and gold by spending it.
Old 01-04-2008, 12:07 PM

Shuya has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Good: Kill people
Bad: Getting killed by people
Old 01-05-2008, 12:52 AM

Curare has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Good: Most aspects.
Bad: The fact that i suck at the game itself.
Old 01-06-2008, 06:19 PM

stonenator has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

good: the community
bad: *cough* the community... haha sometimes
Old 01-06-2008, 07:01 PM

Shortimer has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Good: Getting a new form as naga.
Bad: Realizing the form sucks
Worse: Getting the next form.
Old 01-06-2008, 07:16 PM

Jackolantir has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via AIM to Jackolantir Send a message via MSN to Jackolantir Send a message via Yahoo to Jackolantir Send a message via Skype™ to Jackolantir
Default Quests

I'm having issues with the quests! Especially Teshuvah's quests! Its like... I can never find the quest NPCs. Especially when they literally stand out in the open, but I overlook them because they're... They're too ninja for me. Then I realize their location, and I begin to treck all the way back.
Then there's the times where you have to figure out the right subject to talk to the npc about, but I dislike that on a lesser scale compared to actually finding the NPCs.

But then, the same reason I dislikes quests, I like them! Its just that feeling of accomplishment... Sure, everybody else found that quest to be easy, but that 6 hours spent doing it make it that much rewarding for me. (Or maybe I think that because I don't want to accept how pathetic I am). Actually, I think I channel my fustration over my pathetic-ness through my constant babbling about how impossible the quest is (when they really turn out to be not that impossible, and that I'm just slow).
Old 01-06-2008, 08:21 PM
Forum Admin

Binyamin has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostneo View Post
What is your favorite or least favorite thing about wyvern?
Favorite: Dead players. Means I did my job.
Least favorite: Live players. Means I didn't do my job.
Old 01-06-2008, 08:35 PM

Frostbash has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Favorite: when wyvern's up
Hate: when wyvern's down
Hate EVEN MORE: when I ask bin for autograph and I get no response!
Old 01-07-2008, 01:50 AM

Steovanni has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Good: Being Rich
Bad: Arguing with Arilou and losing because no matter how right you are, Arilou finds a way to smash you down.
Old 01-07-2008, 06:12 AM

Prosecutor has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via MSN to Prosecutor

Love: Conversing about furry natives
Hate: Sports chat
Old 01-09-2008, 12:47 AM

blazerv has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Good: Finding new areas to train that gives good exp
Bad: Finding out that your new area has monsters too powerful for you and you end up dying.
Old 01-10-2008, 03:19 PM

ennal has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

good: binyamin didnt kill me
bad: i forgot my password and i cant create a new character
Old 01-11-2008, 06:49 PM

Duender has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

One of the things I like about Wyvern is the people. The majority of the people are extremely friendly and helpful, which makes for a nice atmosphere. I enjoy chatting with the many characters you find here. The spell system isn't that different from many other games, but it sure is interesting, and adds a whole new dimension to the game. Guilding is also great, and I like how humans get unique images upon joining. The HoF aspect is also great, as players can further customize themselves with their very own image, once they meet the quest point requirements.

A negative thing about Wyvern is that it tends to be more of a solitary game, and lacks in the teamwork department. Some mandatory group activities would be nice, with some mini games, perhaps team boss hunting(The Wizards said they would be working on this). Perhaps some team quests. I find the QI also restricts older players somewhat, as they cannon help newer ones with tips on what to do and such at certain parts. But hey, I realize it's still in Beta, therefore many of these things are probably in the works, and I love the game all in itself.
Old 01-11-2008, 07:25 PM

Karrah has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via AIM to Karrah Send a message via Skype™ to Karrah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duender View Post
One of the things I like about Wyvern is the people. The majority of the people are extremely friendly and helpful, which makes for a nice atmosphere. I enjoy chatting with the many characters you find here. The spell system isn't that different from many other games, but it sure is interesting, and adds a whole new dimension to the game. Guilding is also great, and I like how humans get unique images upon joining. The HoF aspect is also great, as players can further customize themselves with their very own image, once they meet the quest point requirements.

A negative thing about Wyvern is that it tends to be more of a solitary game, and lacks in the teamwork department. Some mandatory group activities would be nice, with some mini games, perhaps team boss hunting(The Wizards said they would be working on this). Perhaps some team quests. I find the QI also restricts older players somewhat, as they cannon help newer ones with tips on what to do and such at certain parts. But hey, I realize it's still in Beta, therefore many of these things are probably in the works, and I love the game all in itself.
I like that you can't share QI. It makes the game a lot more challenging, not a listen-click-and-done thing like two very popular RPGs I know of... pshah. I played both and they only made me love Wyvern more.

I also love that a million other people I know don't play it... it's myyyyy game. Nuuubody else's.

It would be cool to find out that there's someone playing Wyvern that lives down the street or something, though...

Karrah the Unlikely

Last edited by Karrah : 01-11-2008 at 07:29 PM.
Old 01-11-2008, 07:52 PM

Duender has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karrah View Post
I like that you can't share QI. It makes the game a lot more challenging, not a listen-click-and-done thing like two very popular RPGs I know of... pshah. I played both and they only made me love Wyvern more.

I also love that a million other people I know don't play it... it's myyyyy game. Nuuubody else's.

It would be cool to find out that there's someone playing Wyvern that lives down the street or something, though...
I dont' know, it's a double edged sword.
In a way, makes it interesting, as you have to discover everything yourself.
D: I'm undecided on that one.
Old 01-11-2008, 08:25 PM

Frostneo has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

My favorite thing about the game is the unique playing style. Never before wyvern had I had such freedom in a game. Most games are SO basic... You click a monster and it attacks, you might use 1 or 2 little special attacks every now and then, and then you click the next one. This is the only RPG for PC i can enjoy training on. I can honestly say if it i had no wyvern i wouldn't play any other PC RPG. I would probably move on to RTS's >.>

What i mean is how unique it is. For one, you get to move very fast across maps, so there's no "click...wait...wait...wait...wait...clic k" action like there is in just about every other online game. And the fighting is much quicker paced... Sure it's not animated, but even non-animated fighting is funner to me than "click... wait... wait... wait... click" fighting.

One thing I don't like is the lack of maps. Sure, at first there seems to be plenty of places. But as you get stronger and higher level and learn more, the game becomes easier and easier. I'd say the only thing the great players (not counting myself in this category, at all) look forward to is LQ's and PK, because that's really the only challenge. Training has become so routine and easy for anyone level 25+. What i would really like is for players to be much weaker. I'm talking total nerf of all race/guild/skills and all. Or strengthened monsters and such. But that's another subject.

Just wish there was more challenges at a higher level.

The reason i want the game to be harder is to encourage grouping. Grouping isn't all that great at higher level. I think it would be great to get a group of elite players and go into this new map with new monsters and 3/4 the group dies. I like that situation. Just like Airick's LQ... about the only one I've enjoyed in forever. Morgus is great too.

EDIT: Oh and my opinion on the QI is that it's great. It forces me to do the quest, instead of asking people for step by step instructions, like every other RPG does.
But let's stay on topic =D

Last edited by Frostneo : 01-11-2008 at 08:28 PM.
Old 01-12-2008, 05:17 PM

Flubbi has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Little pixie loves at wyvern: greating hof pics, running around close doors, giggle an be the weird pixie i am... xp and money, ok why not
Little pixie hates at wyvern: when many player cause many lags, when my gravestone says flubii killed by spider, when i ate shoggots, my bad english skills
little pixie hates most: That after 15 month and much sorrows about not beinig a pixie I logged in were sooo ahppy hugged my Binyamin doll ... well there she goes AGAIN