Wyvern Forums

Review Wyvern Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Arcade
Go Back   Wyvern Forums > Archive > Wyvern Forums Archive > Wyvern Help
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chatbox Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Wyvern Help Ask, answer, and provide information regarding the game or forum.

Old 09-06-2007, 10:47 PM

UnhappyGuy has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Angry Just a Question

Let's say there're two characters with two different e-mail in the game.

Character A scolds a Wizard.
Character B was banned instead.

Is it right? They did not even online at the same time, and Character B was logged off and banned. It's quite unfair, let's say if you have a brother and he did something wrong with his account, and you got banned instead.
Old 09-06-2007, 10:59 PM

Tanm has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

I find myself doubting that this happened. Wizards ban characters who misbehave, they don't ban random characters when someone misbehaves.
Old 09-06-2007, 11:06 PM

Namseer has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via AIM to Namseer

yup ur a lie 'n
Old 09-07-2007, 12:12 AM
Forum Admin

Arilou has disabled reputation

When a player is very bad to the point where they login on multiple accounts to cause trouble after a banishment we sometimes will banish all accounts on that ip address. We realize that sometimes this hurts people who play on the same ip, but at a certain point we have no choice but to aggressively try to get rid of someone as there is just no way letting the kind of abuse one of those "brothers" causes go on. It just hurts far too many people.

It's also impossible for us to really know that there really are multiple players on that ip. Sometimes someone will say there are, thinking that we will take pitty on them and not banish all their accounts. In situations where we really believe there "might" be more than one player there will we try to take the seemingly good one aside and explain to them that if they cannot control the other person's actions than their accounts will be in danger of being banished and why that is the case. However, other times the trouble maker acts too quickly and too aggressively for us to take enough time to do that.

Also, it's important to note that in a lot of cases like this what happens is the trouble maker logs into an account that is on the same email address as one or more of the accounts another person claims is theirs. If what they do is bad enough we will banish all accounts on that email and people should keep in mind that it's against the rules for you to let other people use your email to sign up for an account as that is one of the few ways we can tell people apart. So, if you let them do that or they get access to one of your accounts because you failed to protect the password, then you are fully responsible for anything that happens as a result of that and the rules specifically warn you about this.
Old 09-07-2007, 12:17 AM

Oh yeah, but why didnt my brother get banned when he made the mistake, instead another account was banned... And one thing, that was a few years before, when I played last year, Arilou... you banned me for doing nothing. I was just chatting with some people when I was banned.

And yeah, It was a newly created account, it had nothing to do with any previous "Crimes" another guy using this ip did. I was just chatting with some new wyverneers i knew and was banned...

Can't I start all over again? Even though I did not do anything wrong. Chatting certainly won't get you banned will it? I was talking about wyvern and nothing abusive or what so ever.

Last edited by UnhappyGuy : 09-07-2007 at 12:24 AM.
Old 09-07-2007, 12:23 AM
Forum Admin

I can only answer in general terms right now (i.e. What our policy is in those situations). If you want a specific answer as to why your account was banished then you should send me an in-game message when Wyvern returns and give me the name of the banished account. I'll then look it up as we keep records of all banishments and without them (I can't access them with the server down) I wouldn't remember you or what happened even if I had the name.
Old 09-07-2007, 12:25 AM

Okay, but let's say If I did something wrong a few years ago,
and I created a new character, with no offensive names or whatever,
playing normally and chatting with wyverneers. Suddenly Arilou banned me.
Isnt that like erm? Im not given a chance to start again?
Old 09-07-2007, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanm View Post
I find myself doubting that this happened. Wizards ban characters who misbehave, they don't ban random characters when someone misbehaves.
Nope, we're playing on the same ip address. I wonder if that answers your question.
Old 09-07-2007, 12:31 AM
Forum Admin

If you were ip banished and you found a way around that banishment and start playing again, then any accounts you make for the rest of your life will instantly be banished. An ip banish is final and getting around it is breaking a rule in and of itself.

I'm starting to think you are a certain person who's name begun with an "A" (I'm not going to say the name as I believe in protecting people's right to privacy as to what happened with their accounts) who always claimed his "little brother" did it when he did something wrong, even when attempting to get around ip banishments, several times over the years and then claiming that you were a changed person (meanwhile, logging into accounts people "gave" you, lying, cursing, spamming, etc., all in the same breath or the one right before or after). If you would be so kind as to confirm you are that person I can save us both a lot of time and banish you from the forums right now as that person is never allowed back in or near Wyvern again.
Old 09-07-2007, 12:33 AM

Erm sorry, my name or character name does not starts with an A , and I was not ip banished... I could log on some of my account, and I did talked to you after I was banned, but that account was banned too. I dont blame you cause maybe you're too angry at that time.

Btw, almost lot's of my character starts with a letter Y or ends with a boi or boy...

And I left wyvern quietly after I was banned... Just here to clarify things, cause I enjoyed wyvern much.

Last edited by UnhappyGuy : 09-07-2007 at 12:35 AM.
Old 09-07-2007, 12:40 AM
Forum Admin

Okay I know who you are. Both you and your brother broke the rules in various ways. The biggest was that you were both logging into each others accounts. At one point one of you was the bigger trouble maker and I personally told the other to keep him in line else all of your accounts were going to be banished and that is eventually what happened. You then received an ip banishment and told you were not welcomed in the game anymore. I had been dealing with you two for years, starting from day one of becoming a wizard (Janica previously was dealing with one of you) and it got to the point where there was no sign that you two had any ability to shape up. So, yes now both are not allowed to make any accounts in the game, ever, as you've received chance after chance and at some point we have to be proactive and strive to just get your type out of the game.

If you would to private message me after the game returns I can copy and paste direct quotes given to you at that time where you were both clear on what would happen if it kept going on.
Old 09-07-2007, 12:42 AM

No? I could keep logging in with new accounts after my account was banished... But it's like forget it, I trained till around level 4 5 or 6? and was banished...

And no, we're not logging onto each other's account. You cant just accuse us right?...

"I personally told the other to keep him in line else all of your accounts were going to be banished and that is eventually what happened. You then received an ip banishment and told you were not welcomed in the game anymore." Quoted from Arilou

Nope, I guess you guess the wrong person... I'm sure I did not even recieve ip banishment. I just had fun when I got the stone curse or whatever spellbook at that time, quite sure it was new

Last edited by UnhappyGuy : 09-07-2007 at 12:48 AM.
Old 09-07-2007, 12:53 AM
Forum Admin

Yes that's the point of the policy whereby we banish people after they try to get around an ip banishment. Any accounts they make are instantly banished (instantly = as soon as they come to our attention) before they have an opportunity to cause trouble (as we know they will since they have to be serious offenders in order to receive an ip banishment). This prevents them from taking root in the game whereby they will then want to fight to stay and given their unpredictable behavior that only hurts other players more so. Banishing low level account after low level account before it can level up is a proven method that effectively discourages trouble makers from coming back full time as they don't want to put the effort into an account when they know it will be banished at any second. Although you may claim/believe that you were going to follow the rules this time, I'm sorry but for the good of the playerbase we cannot take your word at that point. Rather we have to put the playerbase ahead of any thoughts of giving you a 100th chance (again the trouble you two caused went on for years and often so because there were promises that it would stop, which it did for awhile before starting up again...and again and again).

As far as the sharing accounts thing, yes you two did. I made various notes about it which I cannot access right now and I'm fairly certain Teshuvah witnessed it as well. In the notes I recall listing the proof I had of this account sharing, but I cannot provide those same specifics years later, off of the top of my head and I would not post them publically either way. As a matter of fact I'm leaving this conversation now. It's not going anywhere.
Old 09-07-2007, 12:57 AM

I made no mistakes(I guess) and well of course wasnt even banished, until the other guy that commits the crimes was banished for A.F.K ing... you guys could check the ip right... It's on the ip when it's A.F.K and was banished.

And Please check that you have not banished my ip, not even once... I'm sure of that. Therefore you can't accuse me of getting around ip addressing. And one more thing, leaving the conversation doesnt solve, solve it when Wyvern's up... I just want to see what I had done wrong, that's all.

Last edited by UnhappyGuy : 09-07-2007 at 01:01 AM.
Old 09-07-2007, 01:09 AM
Player Mod

Clubbz has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Don't argue with Arilou, he is merely enforcing the rules. Even if you claim you did nothing wrong, wizards do not ban for no reason. I have been banned(temporarily) twice and both times I didnt think what I was doing was wrong until I realized what I had been doing. There is no point in saying you're innocent, but my brother isn't, when playing games where IP banishments are a possibility you always take a risk when playing from the same IP address as somebody else. Also, even if you or your brother really did do nothing wrong, what was the point of coming to cry about it a year later(at least seeing as the server has been down this long), or even coming to cry about it while the server is still down. You may think it's not fair, but you know what, life in general is not fair so suck it up and be on with your life.

(I would've used a question in there but I can't figure out how to switch my keys from the french symbols back to the punctuation points)
Old 09-07-2007, 01:11 AM

Cause I intend to clarify, not wanting to be accused for something I did not even do at all. Well, I came back just because I'm bored and wyvern entices me to play...
Old 09-07-2007, 01:19 AM
Player Mod

Clubbz has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

No, all you're here to do is to cause a stir. But even so, if you were banned there would have been a logical reason, there always is. You may not have thought you were breaking the rules but it doesnt mean you weren't. You claim you were just "chatting" but do you have proof that you were indeed just chatting, or even if you were just chatting you may have let some(a litte for a temp ban, a lot for a permanent ban) QI slip out. However, I will repeat it again, the wizards do not ban someone without a valid reason. Just because you don't think it is fair doesn't mean it's not.
Old 09-07-2007, 02:08 AM

Well, I'm sure Arilou will tell me the reason once wyvern is up ^^.
I'm sure he could access to past coversations too... as they did in the past. Well, no more for this tread *Close*