Wyvern Forums

Review Wyvern Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Arcade
Go Back   Wyvern Forums > Archive > Wyvern Forums Archive > Suggestions
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chatbox Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Suggestions Post any suggestions for new Wyvern content here that is too complicated to explain in the idea log or that you want to first get feedback on from other players.

Old 03-11-2012, 03:36 AM
Player Mod

Jacksparow has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

all the cool kids hang out in AAH. It has it's own pvp room.
Old 03-12-2012, 01:54 PM

Andron has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Ahh ok that makes a lot of sense. Thanks for the answer!
Old 03-18-2012, 12:48 AM

Harbringer Of Good Stuff is trapped in an Inn behind a dozen clones

Quote:
Originally Posted by dracco View Post
Nagas using a bow in their shifted forms does seem silly. I imagine their "normal" form is weak because they have other forms to make up for it. A pixie is more comparable to hydra form in terms of fragility/hardiness. Nagas are a very tricky race to balance and I imagine they will be looked at in the future (hydra form gaining only ~20% hp from Caveman's guild seems low to me given the new healing methods). I think it'd be nice to see a nagas normal form move just below human speed and have no terrain movement penalties, including water, except in some rare occasions. }}}-Reasoning--> I have been around snakes a lot in real life and I have seen them climb trees, swim, and move through thick forests at extremely fast speeds when they use undulatory locomotion. (I understand that Wyvern isn't supposed to emulate real world physics, it just appears to be the most efficient method of movement for a serpent-like creature)

It is also worth mentioning that a rakshasa using a bow is silly as well. (I believe the -7 in ranged-weapons is to support this)

As for being unable to use rods and wands I have no comment as that is a large can of worms to sift through in terms of balance.
lol, its only the archery part that needs to be balanced out.
Remember, frogs can wave a wand/rod with their mouth..Same goes for most of the forms, they can use wands/rods.

Hydras should be able to use 5 wands or rods though :P. Heck! Make a new feature, where Hydras can use 0-5 wands/rods. That will be quite the mana drain..hehe

I look toward the day of being the best I can be.
Old 03-19-2012, 03:29 PM

Crier has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via AIM to Crier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbringer Of Good Stuff View Post
Hydras should be able to use 5 wands or rods though :P. Heck! Make a new feature, where Hydras can use 0-5 wands/rods. That will be quite the mana drain..hehe
There is a limit to how many wands you can use?
"Big Brother in the form of an increasingly powerful government and in an increasingly powerful private sector will pile the records high with reasons why privacy should give way to national security, to law and order [...] and the like." - Justice William O. Douglas

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security would deserve neither and lose both." -Benjamin Franklin
Old 03-19-2012, 04:55 PM

Rawk has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

I'm pretty sure he means simultaneously without an alias.
Old 03-22-2012, 01:13 AM

Harbringer Of Good Stuff is trapped in an Inn behind a dozen clones

Those alias things are op, I can easily shift to my...oh wait nvm XD cant spill dem scecretz now can I hehehe..and as amage..oh boy..

I really want Nagas to have a viable form for just archery itself :/

I look toward the day of being the best I can be.
Old 04-11-2012, 06:14 PM

Lanterra has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arilou View Post
Obviously we need people to draw more graphics that we can associate with good "monsters." One thing I had been trying to get people to do is to create adventurer varieties (essentially, what they do when creating hof images). I wanted people to run into a group consisting of potential hostiles made up of things like a dwarven axeman, a human cleric, a halfling sneak, an elven archer, a pixie mage or whatever. The challenge would then to be to overcome the whole group with their varied skills. Some parties would be evil, but you would have a whole range consisting of good, neutral, and varied parties as well.
An excellent idea May I suggest also having for example "dungeons" specifically for one alignment or another. For example a castle with a good king and his subjects somewhere out in the middle of nowhere. The evil characters would fight through the guards and then on to the king and his personal bodyguards, meanwhile a good character could talk to the subjects, maybe follow a plotline to find a story or something. Is it possible to have monsters detect good or evil? Or perhaps reaction could be based on a characters words/actions, but to my knowledge there's no way to have actions on one map effect reactions on other maps. Of course an evil character coming through would deprive a good character of any plotline/benefits HE could get from that castle.

Also I'm curious whether their could be not only good/evil, but also another plot setup/bonus for players who work hard to keep their characters nuetral or only one/two levels away from it.

Also perhaps the good/evil theme could extend into PvP, with new arenas with teleporters attunded to alignment, where say the evil characters start defending a fortification and the good team trying to invade, or similiar themed ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arilou View Post
I'm not going to get into all the ways we intended to handle this, but I will say that a big thing for me was always to strive for encouraging people to make new accounts so that they could experience the game in new and different ways, rather than getting stuck grinding away. I've mentioned some of that in my blog way back when - We already encourage you to make new characters to experience new races and guilds, but we could have also considered things like hidden races (only accessible once you level an account to a certain point) and good/evil aspects of the game (in the form of new plotlines, quests, and areas of the game that open up to you based on the type of character you choose to play).
What about having some hidden races that come around only via certain actions (example, maybe reaching level X as an evil character and going to "the rift of planes" and fighting your way to the heart gives you the option of using yourself as a conduit to release a demon into the world, either as a brand new character in adittion to the one, or killing your current character and resetting you into a level 1 demon, or just turning you into a demon. Good characters could get an angel instead.

Or perhaps fighting your way through the vampire underworld to one of the Vampire Masters/Ancient Arch Vampires and defeating them in battle will get him to agree to turn you to a vampire, as well as perhaps some that just unlock when you get X amount of characters (probably one) to X level maybe.

Another suggestion, unrelated to anything else so far- I know the wizards have said the tutorial needs redone. What about replacing it with either A. some sort of single plot-driven thing where your setting out in the world and go through the tutorial, rather than the weird school/world that exists now (or perhaps part involves some time in a school type thing, similiar to a small scale NV academy)... or instead of a single tutorial have a different one for each race, each with it's own unique location and driving plot/whatever based on the race. You could also have this link in with the good/evil thing, where the plot offers a few choices, which start off the character's beginning "leaning".

Also I think it might be good if a wizard created non-combat "camps" or "outposts" or whatever around the NV area, one for each race, where the new players can go to learn a bit more about their race, and the other races through interaction. Prolly bad ideas, but eh, they've been rattling around awhile.

Last edited by Lanterra : 04-11-2012 at 07:49 PM.
Old 03-27-2013, 12:02 PM

Lanterra has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rarkvar View Post
I would like to see a main quest line incorporated into the game. Nothing like an ordinary quest line, more like something very important that some sort of figurehead of power has asked you to do. For example: You're walking around New Verdan and some of the NPC's mention that Lady Blackrose is looking for a powerful warrior to retrieve a stone from the wyverns dragon cave in the surrounding forests. Upon completion of this quest line you discover that the stone is actually an ancient artifact in which the ruler of Minath plans to use as an instrument to resurrect a massive dragon deity. A nifty way to incorporate some of the other quests into this one is to say that you will need cooperation from all of the guild leaders in order to gain entrance to the final quest area. This would be simple to do, just throw in another quest item from all of the guild quests that can be traded in for a "key" or a magical orb of some sort. Once the player reaches the top of the castle a massive wyvern is resurrected and set free to terrorize the world. After the first player completes the quest a new live quest can be added.

Of course the names and events would be different, but if I can come up with that in two minutes I'm sure the higher wizards or aspiring wizards can come up with something much better.
Multiple storyline quests. Say there are 5-10 quests you can only do between level 1-3, then another 5-10 for levels 4-6, and so on for say levels 6-9, 10-12, 13-15, 15-17, 17-19, 20-22, 23-24, 25, 26, and 27. You can only do one of those quests though, something about having completed the quest causes the other quest givers to not give you there quest, therefore you have to pick and choose (or stumble into) a unique storyline of your own by mixing and matching one quest from each group into your own story..... or if you decide to skip doing any quest in a range, you just weren't in the stream of destiny at the time.