Wyvern Forums

Review Wyvern Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Arcade
Go Back   Wyvern Forums > Archive > Wyvern Forums Archive > Off Topic
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chatbox Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Discuss anything unrelated to Wyvern here, within reason.

Old 03-15-2012, 09:14 PM

felorn has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Default Any good game to hold me over till Wyvern's return?

I want a good (preferably 2D or 2.5D) MMORPG. I've tried many 3D ones and it seems they rely to heavily on graphics and not gameplay. (Examples WoW, Fallen Earth, EverQuest II, Perfect World, etc.)
Old 07-14-2012, 02:22 AM

Penny has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via MSN to Penny

Have you played Terraria? It costs like $3 on steam. It's 2d and features the joy of adventure and discovery.

Also I found a game called Tibia that is ok but it's a bit too slow-paced in my opinion.
I think Guild Wars 2 will be the best 3d MMORPG once it comes out; the MMO world is facing some major changes.
Old 07-14-2012, 06:12 AM

Machuno Besar has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Torchlight (1 or 2) are pretty cool as well. 2 will be released later this summer. You can buy both of them for 20USD on steam right now, but if you want to buy them I suggest you to wait a few days because they might come on sale during the summer sale.
Old 07-14-2012, 12:35 PM

Odolf has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

If you want a truly old-style MMO experience then there's a heavily populated ultima online server at http://inporylem.com/ . I've never gotten around to trying it, but it looked like fun.
Old 07-23-2012, 06:06 AM

Enerath has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Have you tried The Kingdom Of Loathing? It's a hand drawn graphic mud (Not like Wyvern) that offers a lot of humor. Not everyone'll like it but if you do you'll be hooked.
Old 07-23-2012, 11:27 PM
Player Mod

Dracco has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

If you have a capable PC, ArmA 2's DayZ mod is suspenseful, action-packed, and downright hilarious.

"So hilariously suspenseful you won't know whether to cry or laugh"
-The Dracco Review
Old 07-24-2012, 02:50 PM
Player Mod

Jacksparow has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

I agree with Penny on guildwars 2. I played the beta for it last weekend, and the game is extremely impressive.
Old 07-26-2012, 04:53 PM

Iro has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dracco View Post
If you have a capable PC, ArmA 2's DayZ mod is suspenseful, action-packed, and downright hilarious.

"So hilariously suspenseful you won't know whether to cry or laugh"
-The Dracco Review
I played it for like a week straight a couple months ago. Got myself a DMR and a pair of night vision goggles. Now I can't bring myself to play it again for fear of losing all my things when the game inevitably loses track of where I last logged out and spawns me back on the shore.
Old 07-27-2012, 02:13 AM

Harbringer Of Good Stuff is trapped in an Inn behind a dozen clones

TF2 is fun, until the damn clans start coming in.

Lesson Learned: Fight against a clan, with a clan, or a group of very motivatated and capable teamates.

Also, WoW is not so bad, and Vindictus is okay, too and pretty easy to level up.

Those games will take you a long time, especially WoW, which is a good game(but they keep messing around too much), and should have you experimenting for long periods of time.

I like Combat Arms, and the zombie mode there. Pretty fun and makes you think what you can do with the limitations you have, but that is more short term.

if you want any good 2.5D game, I would recommend Conquer Online, or Runescape, and maybe even Neopets. There are also a lot of flash games out there that are pretty fun. Do not play Tibia, it is an old game, and it is very hard to level up, and takes a long amount of time to be of any worth, also there are tons of botters....

Runescape should be perfect for you, especially since they introduced PKing in the wilderness again, and loosened some of the trading problems. Also, runescape is a great way to make some dough, if you know what I mean .

Honestly, don't limit yourself to just playing games, there are some really cool and fun things that you can do, and who knows, you might just learn how to make something..out of it.

Gaming can be good, and I have determined that gaming is helpful if:
1.You are learning something new.
2. You are directly profiting from it in some shape or form.
3. It gets you breakfast.
4. You make some $$$

I look toward the day of being the best I can be.

Last edited by Harbringer Of Good Stuff : 07-27-2012 at 02:20 AM.
Old 07-27-2012, 07:26 AM

Kama has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

I know this is an older thread, and you're looking for more of a 2D-style RPG, but in terms of gameplay, Dungeons & Dragons Online has an excellent combat system, even if the servers are drowning in bugs since the release of the (first ever!) Forgotten Realms expansion.

If you haven't poked your nose in, you might consider it.
Old 07-28-2012, 04:05 PM

Cuchulain has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

I'm actually mainly waiting on Wyvern and GW2 alone too. I hop on Heroes of Newerth a few times a day but it gets boring. There are other muds if you want to try them. For offline games you can play, Vampire the Masquerade isn't too bad from what i've heard, i have it but hasn't really gotten into it yet. Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup is quite fun, good roguelike to keep you hooked. Penumbra:Overture and Amnesia the dark descent for good games to run through for the atmosphere. I'm not actually playing many MMOs atm.
Old 08-09-2012, 06:10 AM

felorn has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kama View Post
I know this is an older thread, and you're looking for more of a 2D-style RPG, but in terms of gameplay, Dungeons & Dragons Online has an excellent combat system, even if the servers are drowning in bugs since the release of the (first ever!) Forgotten Realms expansion.

If you haven't poked your nose in, you might consider it.
Thanks for the offer but no. I only play real tabletop D&D (3.5, 3.75, and 4e to be specific). I will never play DDO again. Played it for one hour and that was enough.