Wyvern Forums

Review Wyvern Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Arcade
Go Back   Wyvern Forums > Archive > Wyvern Forums Archive > General
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chatbox Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General For serious discussions about general Wyvern topics.

Old 03-03-2009, 08:11 PM

WizMan has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Question Rogues Guild?

Is the Rogues Guild died or

It just that know no like’s, or! Why should I even go with it... thing?

Something has to be change?

Do they need help? Then again there, Criminals?
Old 03-03-2009, 11:34 PM

wunt has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

from my understanding, the rogues quest is difficult to complete. i dont really have any other argument than that though.
Old 03-04-2009, 06:08 AM

Dragif has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Thats the main reason, then theres no smiths for wepons, and then they do the "weakest" damage.

And i will look down and whisper, No......

Jan 31st 2009 at 5:20 pm in minith auction house

You create a massive electrinum club!
Incredible! You balanced this weapon so well that it is almost indestructible by non-magical means!
You used up a slab.
Old 03-04-2009, 12:11 PM

Hamel has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragif View Post
Thats the main reason, then theres no smiths for wepons, and then they do the "weakest" damage.
Rogues do the lowest amount of damage? Where did you hear that? My experience with rogues has been that they do a good amount of damage at least.
Old 03-05-2009, 08:56 AM

Delrak has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

I am training up for the Rogues guild right now.

Attempted the quest 4 times, died 3.
You will soon have a new thief, do not worry!
Old 03-05-2009, 10:23 AM

Curare has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Just guilded a little while ago. Hardest guild quest by an extremely long way and one of the hardest quests in my opinion. That being said, i had a lot of fun in a frustrating sort of way. Good luck everyone!
Old 03-07-2009, 10:08 AM

Dragif has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

When i say "weakest" i mean the do pierce damage, which alot of things in wyvern are resistant to. And they do attack fast which streams the low hits fast causeing the damage to seem high. But each individual hit isnt "high"

And i will look down and whisper, No......

Jan 31st 2009 at 5:20 pm in minith auction house

You create a massive electrinum club!
Incredible! You balanced this weapon so well that it is almost indestructible by non-magical means!
You used up a slab.
Old 03-07-2009, 01:52 PM

Hamel has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
When i say "weakest" i mean the do pierce damage, which alot of things in wyvern are resistant to. And they do attack fast which streams the low hits fast causeing the damage to seem high. But each individual hit isnt "high"
There are a few things that are resistant against pierce, but it also seems there are many things that are weak against it.

And in the way of damage, my rogue, when compared to my dwarven axeman who attacks much faster than him, does a good amount of damage for his level, seemingly. As he kills quite a few things in a fairly close amount of time to the time it takes my axeman to kill the same monsters. And my rogue has much less weapon skill than my axeman.
Old 03-09-2009, 08:24 AM

Shootout has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

The most problematic stab-resistant monster I could see would be the reaper, however Rouges have access to the Platinum Rapier, which does cut damage. This would allow them to switch between weapons to maximize their damage output and to overcome the resistance to stab (especially in RD's).
Old 03-09-2009, 03:43 PM

Bitsey has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Question

on the subject of stab resistance - elvish bows make arrows do stab damage, correct? What do they do w/ 'regular' bows?
Old 03-09-2009, 05:10 PM
Wizardess

Teshuvah has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitsey View Post
on the subject of stab resistance - elvish bows make arrows do stab damage, correct? What do they do w/ 'regular' bows?
elven bows give arrows *extra* stab damage.
Regular bows let them do their normal stab damage without a bonus.
Old 03-13-2009, 03:14 AM
Player Mod

Jacksparow has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

The main reason why the rogues guild isn't a viable guild for many races is because once you reach a certain weapon skill level your speed caps off. With that being said the low amount of damage from daggers doesn't help with higher speed because everyone else is attacking with the same speed using stronger weapons. Another reason why the Rogues Guild isn't too appealing is that you only get a 30% bonus health, and with the removal of spam healing it's not very productive to full heal with the limited health.
Old 03-13-2009, 06:40 AM
Wizardess

Teshuvah has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksparow View Post
The main reason why the rogues guild isn't a viable guild for many races is because once you reach a certain weapon skill level your speed caps off. With that being said the low amount of damage from daggers doesn't help with higher speed because everyone else is attacking with the same speed using stronger weapons. Another reason why the Rogues Guild isn't too appealing is that you only get a 30% bonus health, and with the removal of spam healing it's not very productive to full heal with the limited health.

There are an awful lot of new rogues for not being viable...lol
Old 06-19-2009, 04:25 PM

Kabroz has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

*Digs up old post*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shootout View Post
The most problematic stab-resistant monster I could see would be the reaper, however Rouges have access to the Platinum Rapier, which does cut damage. This would allow them to switch between weapons to maximize their damage output and to overcome the resistance to stab (especially in RD's).
I don't switch, i just rely on my amethyst's acid damage to take out reapers, granted it still takes a long time, the server has "chosen" to not even try and "stab" reapers anymore, leading me to the theory that they are now immune to stab.

Quote:
Well, you are right, I think. although I will say that it isn't as "weak" as you would think. I mean, I take out Xipes/Ghasts/ADs with no trouble at all. It could be my gemmy, but yeah.
Old 06-20-2009, 09:29 AM

Exile has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabroz View Post
*Digs up old post*

I don't switch, i just rely on my amethyst's acid damage to take out reapers, granted it still takes a long time, the server has "chosen" to not even try and "stab" reapers anymore, leading me to the theory that they are now immune to stab.

Well, you are right, I think. although I will say that it isn't as "weak" as you would think. I mean, I take out Xipes/Ghasts/ADs with no trouble at all. It could be my gemmy, but yeah.
Xipes don't take that long to kill with a unicorn horn either, they're cut resistant, I don't know about stab. Haven't gotten my brave moment where I've felt like fighting an AD as a rogue yet, so I would have no clue about them. >_>
Old 06-20-2009, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile View Post
Xipes don't take that long to kill with a unicorn horn either, they're cut resistant, I don't know about stab. Haven't gotten my brave moment where I've felt like fighting an AD as a rogue yet, so I would have no clue about them. >_>
ADs take a little longer with a uni-horn on, because the uni horn is weaker(obviously) than my gemmy. But time-wise it should be around 40 seconds or so (i should probably test it)
Old 06-20-2009, 03:41 PM

Godhand has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamel View Post
Rogues do the lowest amount of damage? Where did you hear that? My experience with rogues has been that they do a good amount of damage at least.
No rogues don't do the lowest amount of damage, they outdamage archers. But then again who doesn't outdamage archers??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamel View Post
There are a few things that are resistant against pierce, but it also seems there are many things that are weak against it.

And in the way of damage, my rogue, when compared to my dwarven axeman who attacks much faster than him, does a good amount of damage for his level, seemingly. As he kills quite a few things in a fairly close amount of time to the time it takes my axeman to kill the same monsters. And my rogue has much less weapon skill than my axeman.
Rogues do the least melee damage out of all the melee guilds. You ever PK against a rogue or a comparable lvl axeman?? The damage is not even close. It may seem close when your fighing monsters because when it only takes 2-3 seconds to kill them. There is not much of a difference between 2-3 seconds compared to 4-5 seconds. But it adds up when your fighting in lqs, pk or against monsters with very high hp.

Rogues are one of the most challenging guilds to be in. Being more fragile than other melee classes and doing slightly lower damage, they require more skill to play. They may have gotten better with the new gem and plat weapons, but how many players have access to those weapons?
Old 06-20-2009, 04:30 PM

Crier has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via AIM to Crier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godhand View Post
But it adds up when your fighting in lqs, pk or against monsters with very high hp.
Erm Kabroz and I both were fighting Gander about the same amount of time and he won...I was a giant axeman at level 29. he a halfling rogue at 29....
"Big Brother in the form of an increasingly powerful government and in an increasingly powerful private sector will pile the records high with reasons why privacy should give way to national security, to law and order [...] and the like." - Justice William O. Douglas

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security would deserve neither and lose both." -Benjamin Franklin
Old 06-20-2009, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crier View Post
Erm Kabroz and I both were fighting Gander about the same amount of time and he won...I was a giant axeman at level 29. he a halfling rogue at 29....
I was 27(and still am) x_x, and you kept breaking your axes and was staring into... nothing, maybe that's why
Old 06-20-2009, 04:47 PM

Godhand has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crier View Post
You know that certain lq monsters have different resistances to different type of attacks?

Also(if not counting resistances) I can outdamage practically everybody besides hydras with my blizzard/fireball does that mean I can win every lq??

Last edited by Godhand : 06-20-2009 at 04:50 PM.