Wyvern Forums

Review Wyvern Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Arcade
Go Back   Wyvern Forums > Archive > Wyvern Forums Archive > Wyvern Help
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chatbox Today's Posts

Wyvern Help Ask, answer, and provide information regarding the game or forum.

Old 07-27-2008, 11:42 PM

Ellavyn has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Default The Spell Sandstorm

I was just wondering about the spell sandstorm, it says its an evocation of earth and air, my question is that what does the individual element do? and does any1 know how much each point in that element improves damage/range/width and such? Thanks
Old 07-27-2008, 11:52 PM

themadhobo has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

I believe earth magic increases strength and air magic increases the duration of the cone. It casts at its max size by default, and its a rather weak spell. I would recommend getting just about any other offensive spell in its place.
Old 07-28-2008, 01:14 PM

thank you themadhobo lol yea as i advanced in level, the spell quickly became more and more usuless against higher level monsters.. But if i were to have earth as one of my mage's main elements, what main offensive spell should i use? I have seen the spell earthquake used againsted me by some dragon which i don't remeber excatly what type of dragon, but i do remeber getting hit by an earthquake, is there a spellbook for earthquake?
Old 07-28-2008, 01:44 PM

Jessikha has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

The monster in question is a Grey Dragon, it's the only dragon I know of that uses earthquake.

As for the actual earthquake spell, it's unavailable to players. It's unfortunate, because Earth is a fairly unused element, and a few good offensive spells would help popularize it.
Old 07-28-2008, 04:24 PM

As far as I can recall, sandstorm is the most offensive earth spell. I find earth is generally used in combinations with other forms of offense, such as the strength spell for a battlemage.
Old 07-28-2008, 07:44 PM

thanks to all of you for your input.. but since there r not that many offensive earth spells.. I will probably switch air as one of my main elements, and for air there is the lightning bolt spell? Does every point in air improve its strength and then every makes it longer? also wats a good combination with air?
Old 07-29-2008, 09:18 PM

I am personally a fan of the air/mind mage. The point being to paralyze/terrify/confuse your opponent, then zap him with a carefully placed lightning bolt. Also, for the more careless spell spamming mage there is thunderstorm (I think thats it) at 13 lore dishing out one serious pack of pain. Either way, air is a fun offensive type to play. You get lots of time out of fly and lots of movement out of speed. I guess another fun one to use with air might be death for magic whip. That way you can melee while zapping baddies.
Old 07-30-2008, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by themadhobo View Post
I am personally a fan of the air/mind mage. The point being to paralyze/terrify/confuse your opponent, then zap him with a carefully placed lightning bolt. Also, for the more careless spell spamming mage there is thunderstorm
That sounds like a great idea, well i was planning on not training any melee weapon skill so what can i do to take care of the monsters that my lightning won't affect them? Also what are the reagents for thunderstorm?
Old 07-30-2008, 11:18 PM

Hmm, to take down shock immune monsters I would say... maybe a rod of firespray. I think the reagent you need is a lightning stone, though Im not positive. It runs about 250 gold a piece if I remember correctly and looks like a blue stone with a yellow bolt on it.
Old 07-31-2008, 12:42 AM

Hamel has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

The reagent for thunderstorm is lightning stones, which cost a hundred gold and weigh 1lb each.

Though I have found that thunderstorm is not much more powerful than lightning bolt, it is a spray spell, which I suppose, is useful. But I'm not sure if you'll find it worth the money and weigh of the reagents.
Old 07-31-2008, 12:03 PM

O i c. ok thanks again everyone. But, i was just wondering, for the spell invisibility, does training in air improve the invisibility? Like a higher level where the more keen monsters can't even see you? or does it not work that way. Also i think i will train in mind as my other main element, should i cap it to my level or should i stop at a certain point? THX
Old 07-31-2008, 12:11 PM

patheos has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

I have noticed that the halfling invis, spell and cloak act differently in regard to mosnters seeing you. As for more air, im not sure.
Old 08-02-2008, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by patheos View Post
I have noticed that the halfling invis, spell and cloak act differently in regard to mosnters seeing you. As for more air, im not sure.
Does any1 know anything more about this? Thanks patheos
Old 10-14-2008, 12:04 AM

Ellandra has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Sandstorm=noopie mage savior.