Wyvern Forums

Review Wyvern Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Arcade
Go Back   Wyvern Forums > Archive > Wyvern Forums Archive > Suggestions
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chatbox Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Suggestions Post any suggestions for new Wyvern content here that is too complicated to explain in the idea log or that you want to first get feedback on from other players.

Old 07-08-2008, 09:39 PM

Crier has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via AIM to Crier

But its not Salty's >.>
"Big Brother in the form of an increasingly powerful government and in an increasingly powerful private sector will pile the records high with reasons why privacy should give way to national security, to law and order [...] and the like." - Justice William O. Douglas

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security would deserve neither and lose both." -Benjamin Franklin
Old 07-08-2008, 11:50 PM

Jessikha has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veroule View Post
You know just because Salky come out with some dumb stuff, doesn't mean it is all bad. He has a lot of idea and diarreha of the keyboard. He shares many of those ideas with us, and some are actually brilliant.

The concept of guild specific skills come close to brilliance. It is somewhat simple to implement, and can add further depth to the game. I like the concept.
I normally don't tease Salkand, as there are so many people who live to harrass him, but the above bolded quote is hilarious. Just putting that out there.
Old 07-09-2008, 12:55 AM

Salkand has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via AIM to Salkand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessikha View Post
I normally don't tease Salkand, as there are so many people who live to harrass him, but the above bolded quote is hilarious. Just putting that out there.

Those people need to go and get a real life.
Old 07-09-2008, 11:55 AM

Warcow has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Thumbs up

Let's get back on topic guys, and leave the salkand alone

Pretty interesting ideas there, Jessikha, seems like they could be fun to see. Like the earthquake for cavemen especially.

Seek and Destroy seems over powered, seeing as there is already the join player / summon player spell... and people like Myke already out there seeking and destroying

I got one for the rogues guild

Poison - It is no surprise that many rogues had learned to use poison to their advantage
Effect: the next strike does extra damage and severely poisons the target
- for Vagabonds and above
- can be used on all weapons, even arrows

Elusive Maneuvers - a true master criminal knows the first rule of combat is to always make sure he will come to no harm
Effect: training in this skill is akin to training two points in dodge and one point in sneaking
- for Criminal Masterminds only

ps. have to admit, silence salkand is a great idea!
Old 07-09-2008, 12:18 PM

Hamel has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Alright, I got some more.

Cavemen:

Howl: New spell, fear+paralysis combined, both at good levels. Any level.

Axemen:

Warcry('baruk kazad'?: Fairly average speed spell cast on self. Any level.

Paladins:

Undead bane/Demon bane: Both blade spells, you can guess what they do.
Any level.

(Hmmm, maybe race only skills would be nice too.)

Mages:

Restore: Restores 20 sp. (also given to pixies before the join the guild?) any level.

All of these I assume would get better with more skills points in them. I also assume that they would have a timer after you use one, which lowers with more in the skill.

All I could think of at the moment. Perhaps I'll add more later. =)
Old 07-09-2008, 12:45 PM

Warcow has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Interesting ideas, but why "any level" for all of them? This will cause the exact problem you mentioned, people would go "guild hopping" to gather these skills. And all it will cost them is the 100k guilds admissions fee

Warcry I like very much, very fitting in the rp perspective, but our speed system seems a little horked at the moment, only people that needs it is hydras
Old 07-09-2008, 01:34 PM

Eh, I'm thinking you'd lose all the skills after leaving the guild. And I think you'd want some of them for the lower guild-level members. And of course it would cost skill points for each of these, maybe you'd get a few skill points into each skill from the guild. >.>

Speed works alright, just not that much.

Last edited by Hamel : 07-09-2008 at 01:37 PM.
Old 07-10-2008, 12:26 PM

Klodin has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

The problem I see with this system would be balance issues. Especially the extra types of attack damage. The game is built so that certain guilds can't kill certain things.

Like earthquake could completely invalidate the archer and mage aspects of the AV LQ.

Having guild specific skills is one thing, allowing guilds to instantly destroy monsters that they normally aren't able to harm is quite another. Paladins normally would get slaughtered by Thanatos. If Demon/Undead bane was sufficiently powerful, then Thanatos would become a joke.

Also, the pk guild teleport thing won't be allowed. A pker could be rding and suddenly a fellow pker pops up, kills him, and claims the rd.

Do I even have to MENTION the problems with restore? 20 sp for a one time use every few minutes. Wow. A bonus meditation round. Helpful. If there's no restrictions, then: UBER-PIXIE!

Something more realsitic would be to give an ability that is actually more usefull than their main-weapon + rods.

Giving them a new attack undermines the purpose of smash immune monsters or fir eimmune monsters for example. And paralysis, confusion, etc. can all be induced by rods anyway.

MY suggestion is to give either a ability that grants a bonus at a cost:
Archmage - Overcharge 25% extra damage for 50% additional mana cost
Conqueror - Blood Rage 20% extra damage Take 50% extra damage from attacks

OR a Completely seperate ability:
Grandmaster Archer - Fletch
Criminal Mastermind - Rob NPC (% chance to take item from a NPC, with 50% chance to be wnated by guards if you fail. Also 50% chance to make the monster hostile to you)

Last edited by Klodin : 07-10-2008 at 12:51 PM.
Old 07-10-2008, 01:13 PM

I fail to see how restore could be very useful at all really. You can type something to restore 20 sp every ten minutes or so? Wow.

And I very much doubt that the banes would be very powerful either.
Old 07-10-2008, 08:52 PM

Klodin has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

The problem with banes are that it is a damge type that bypasses all armor.
Old 03-24-2009, 12:48 PM

Narhalles has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Modifies the original concept

Make it so you gain 1 Guild point per 2 levels of guild starting at 2

Each guild has 5 skills trainable

each one casts a certain amount...

1st level costs 1 guild point
2nd level costs 2 guild points
3rd level costs 3 guild points
etc.

so you could train just the most powerful, the least powerful and the next to most pwoerful etc.

you lose these skills when you leave the guild.

They also cost a lot of money to train. the first should cost like 50k the 2nd levels should cost 100k 3rd levels 200k etc.
I.E.
Cavemans guild

1: Club Smash = makes you smash harder with club! <deal between 10-30% more damage for 10 seconds 40 second cool down.>
2: Gouge Eyes = temporarily makes the moneter blind! <next blow makes the target monster blind for 20 sec. 2 min cool down>
3: Tough Hide = Make weapons bounce from you tough hide! <10% melee resistance for next 10 sec. 40 sec cool down>
4: Primal Rage = Make you fierce warrior like animal! <20% faster strike speed lasts 20 sec. cool down 2 min.>
5: Dead Blow = Make you hit so hard Stun Enemies! <next blow stuns enemy for 5 sec. 2 min cool down>

you get the idea.

Narhalles - Rak Tiger - Cavies - level 22
Sihon - Stone Giant - Unguilded - level 21
LifeLine - Pixie Swords man - Unguilded - level 12
EgoMachine - Halfing Whipper - Unguilded - level 19
IC - Frost Giant - Unguilded - level 10
StaticS - Storm Giant - Unguilded - level 16
Old 03-29-2009, 01:46 AM

Morphan has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Bleh! 2 for Archers and Pallys and 1 for the others... Maybe, to seperate the Skills, there should be Guild Points. You get 1 or 2 per level and can only be used to train Guild only skills. If you die, you lose the skill points, the skills that you trained with them, and the money you put in (depended on which Rank you dropped from and to).

But, a very good idea nontheless.

EDIT: D'oh! Someone beat me to it with the Guild Points.. D: