Wyvern Forums

Review Wyvern Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Arcade
Go Back   Wyvern Forums > Archive > Wyvern Forums Archive > Suggestions
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chatbox Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Suggestions Post any suggestions for new Wyvern content here that is too complicated to explain in the idea log or that you want to first get feedback on from other players.

Old 02-01-2008, 09:15 PM

WizMan has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Default New Race

I was wonding and thinking if an Troll can be a player race... I no there troll all ready but I just think they should be part of the player Chose, well here an look what the troll should have if they get looked at ....

Troll are humanoid people that been said living on sea and land. Having little magic skill Troll had train in Water Skill and bad at fire skill, but do to there great healing power troll are know for having power blow to there enemy. Becoming powerful warrior and heal quick on the fight.

They receive as less skill points then Humans. ( 3 per Lvl )
They can turn see invisible at very close rang.
They have some poison resistance.
They can see in the dark an little.
They have made in regeneration for healing.
They have more hit points per level than humans.
They have fewer spell points per level than humans.
They are good at water magic, but poor with fire magic but they are limited magical ability.
They are fairly Strong and have the combat to match.
They have the best fighting ability of any non-giant character.

((Note Troll Fight better on wet land or wet surface ( or faster swimmer or able to ) Maybe )

Base strength: 80lb

starting HP: 70
HP per level 5

starting SP: 30
SP per level 2 or 3

Starting Skill :

4 healing
1 Water Skill ( Maybe )

I try to even it out soo all is fair, Well that what I have to the Trolls I hope this idea get an good look at and maybe part of the game

Plz and Thax You… WizMan
Old 02-01-2008, 10:03 PM

Curare has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Four healing is an awful lot to give a level one player right off the bat, don't you think? And no innate weapon ability? I would think that trolls would be at least smart enough to pick up a tree and defend themselves. It also seems somewhat pointless, no offense, but this is what we have dwarves for.
Old 02-01-2008, 10:56 PM

hmmm remember this is just an idea this is still up for changes....
Old 02-02-2008, 12:21 AM

Logwad has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via AIM to Logwad Send a message via MSN to Logwad

You forgot negative fire resistance. :')
Old 02-02-2008, 07:16 PM

Curare has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

And negative acid resistance.
Old 02-07-2008, 01:20 AM

Wanderer has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

New races, particularly a troll race, have been brought up quite often before. Dont get angry, they have been. Its always fun to talk about new races.
If the wizards create a new race after the whole revamping of wyvern is done, and you want to contribute, you need to look at what needs developing.
For instance, theres been talk of utilising the much overlooked polearms skill into a guild, such as a hoplite or phalanx guild. Pretty much every guild has a primary race to join it (archers=elves, axemans=dwarves) as well as secondary races that would do quite well (mages=pixies then elves). The new guild could have trolls as their primary focus and nagas, who have a bonus to polearms, as a secondary race. A bit of variation on the naga monks everywhere.
For this to work, Trolls would need to be more intelligent and orderly. Not quite what trolls are traditionally seen as, but who wants tradition anyway.
I liked the idea of a bonus in an elemental magic, to increase resistance. What with the many difficult enemies in wyvern that seem to enjoy destroying with magic. Looking again at what needs developing, earth magic could be a winner for the trolls. No offence, but it makes more sense than water, which i think nagas already have. If not, create a mermaid/man race. just for giggles.
+4 healing would be quite a bit, 2 would probably be more feasible. Keeping in mind that the new race would be targeted for a new guild, which would capitalise on their skills. the rest of the skillset looks great however. Trolls should be on par with dwarves in fighting ability. If you want the big, dumb trolls that we all know and love, a sub race of giant trolls could be in the mix?
Thats about all the rant i have in me... hope this doesnt get into a heated discussion (im looking at you salkand) i just wanted to offer my point of view

btw, i think a cool aspect of a phalanx/hoplite guild would be a team ability... extra damage or armor when fighting next to another from your guild. Like a phalanx. Probably best to implement once (if) amor gets fixed.

rock on
Old 02-07-2008, 01:31 AM

Salkand has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via AIM to Salkand

Why would a troll, a warrior race with no use for magic have any resist to any element? Imagin a troll, as big as a giant, but a lot dumber; a race like that would have great resistance to melee, not magic.

Furthermore, a naga would not have anything to do with a polearms guild. They have hands in only one form.

By the time you got to mermaid/man, you were just spouting off races. Why not a lizard race, a bird race, a shapshifting race that can turn into any other creature on wyvern?

Your views are noted, I'm sure. I am also sure that if reworked a little they could work out very nicely.
They also appear as if they were written without giving serious consideration to the facts. (The facts being relative).
Old 02-07-2008, 04:10 AM

Wanderer has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

As I said, if you wanted to look at trolls as traditional fantasy dictates, then yes, Trolls would be large and stupid yet tough. Yet many large tough idiots have great resistance to all types of damage, including magic. In wyvern, I dont think this would happen as we have giants who are each resistant to a different type of magic. This doesnt mean that a large troll would be susceptible to magic like most other races. Throughout plenty of comtempory fantasy, there are large beasts difficult for magi to overcome.
The only reason i mentioned a mermaid race was that a water based race, more so than nagas, would fit in well. It seemed as though wizman had a natural predilection to this idea, given the amount of water based environments in wyvern. If i wanted to spout off races, I would have brought up the old werewolf and vampire arguments. We have naga for a lizard race, and pixies for a bird race. Mermaids would be a variation of a naga, with about the same abilities apart from shapeshifting (fyi, i only mentioned naga as they have polearm skill. having never played a naga, i have no frame of reference.)
I gave serious consideration to the facts, taking into mind the trolls from the world of Shannara, for the large and small versions, as well as earth based (rock trolls). However, i see them as being more civil and organised, to go with a phalanx guild. Perhaps a different race besides trolls would be suitable for this.
Of course these ideas would need to be reworked. Thats what the forum is for. I didnt expect anyone to implement straight away from the few ideas posted here. As i stated, it is fun to talk about new races. I also stated this was not an opening for a heated discussion.

Remember, all things are feasible in the world of fantasy.
Old 02-11-2008, 02:41 PM

Wink

well .. like i said befor this an just an i idea and change can be made..
Old 02-17-2008, 02:22 AM

Hamel has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

I thought dwarves where the most powerful non-giant race, says so in the create a character screen.