Wyvern Forums

Review Wyvern Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Arcade
Go Back   Wyvern Forums > Archive > Wyvern Forums Archive > General
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chatbox Today's Posts

General For serious discussions about general Wyvern topics.

Old 01-03-2008, 08:09 PM

Frostbash has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Default What are you kidding me....!!!!

Ok the title was only to draw attention to my question. But I have always noticed that people do not use any of the other auction houses that are about in wyvern. Only NVA. My question is WHY? Now I understand that people like to hang around in nva cause its fun and stuff and everyone goes there and its the place of "business" because all the new people will usually buy stuff from you! But wouldnt it be kinda cool if all the higher leveled characters hung around the other auction houses like the one in the elf city ( sorry its been too long i forgot the name)but yea this will FORCE the younger leveled players to actually explore the lands more and stuff. What do you guys think about this?
Old 01-03-2008, 08:16 PM

Axeling has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Thumbs up

i dont like it in NVA u can buy stuff more cheaper player now just want to just Lv up to 25 be a HOF and get a nice sprite, buy cool stuff and yadiyadi and other stuff.

but ur post was nice becaus ppl have to explore to find more and better things.
Old 01-03-2008, 08:34 PM

Gershore has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Even if 5-10 people had your idea, there is no way to move the hussle and bussle out of NVA over to another place. New Verden is sort of like a center town. It's near a lot of decent towns and things that many people use, especially with it being near BR and Forgotten Oak. You won't be able to get anyone to use any other auction, no matter how hard you try.

Nice idea, though.
Old 01-03-2008, 09:14 PM

randorxeous has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Great concept, but not pratical. Like Gershore said, NVA is basically the Business center of the Wyvern World. Heck, in NVA, there are even upstairs and downstairs levels for higher places that rarely, if ever, get used. Unfortunatley most of the market at NVA is for levels 5-20. Those are major training levels where your equipment changes often. By the time you HoF, you pretty much have the same equpiment for ever (unless you break your weapon).
Old 01-03-2008, 09:44 PM

Xae has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

coz everybody goes there...if everybody goes to auction hall A why would you auction your stuff in auction hall B..no one will see..so people are gonna keep on going to nva..people use the other auction halls but to offer to specific people more thaan anything

but yeah unless theres a planned mass migration to another auction hall people are going to keep going to NVA
Old 01-04-2008, 06:47 AM
Forum Admin

Arilou has disabled reputation

The reason is two-fold. One, we don't have any other auction houses that aren't out of the way. To get to the one in Almien you have to go through several curvey maps and then up the stairs in a map that not many people are aware of. In Coron, you have to go east, north, and then zig-zag through a number of tight corners and again not many people are aware of it. The second reason is that we just don't have enough players. When we have so many that the auction house is always full of stuff, you will see people wanting to make use of two different auction houses. Right now we can't even get people to use the other two floors to auction their items.
Old 01-14-2008, 11:17 PM

layzee has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Players wait for the lag to go down in nva until they could start rding again. The reason why you don't see many lower leveled players waiting in nva is because most of the nonrd areas are survivable with lag

Also, apart from chatting, its better to just stay on and wait for lqs to happen. >..>
Old 01-16-2008, 10:47 PM

Steovanni has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arilou View Post
The reason is two-fold. One, we don't have any other auction houses that aren't out of the way. To get to the one in Almien you have to go through several curvey maps and then up the stairs in a map that not many people are aware of. In Coron, you have to go east, north, and then zig-zag through a number of tight corners and again not many people are aware of it. The second reason is that we just don't have enough players. When we have so many that the auction house is always full of stuff, you will see people wanting to make use of two different auction houses. Right now we can't even get people to use the other two floors to auction their items.
But there is a problem with getting too many people to play this game. As there is a player cap at the moment, it will only make the game more frustrating to play as we cannot even get into the game.
Old 01-16-2008, 11:51 PM
Forum Admin

Arilou has disabled reputation

Well the player cap is in place because there is a limit to the amount of people the server can deal with it at any given time without problems. If the server could handle more, people would come fill up those slots rather quickly. When Rhialto was actively working on improving the server, full time back in 2003, he hoped to eventually get to the point where it could handle 500 players at once. However, doing that now requires an extreme amount of work and, if possible, is a long while away. So my point was only that under the current system you're not going to see people using more of the same exact thing unless forced to do so due to heavy restrictions (the rest is just filler).

Quote:
Bug Update
13-JUL-03
Several new bugs have appeared, all caused by performance fixes to try to get us to the 500-player mark. We've been working to fix the bugs as quickly as possible. Here are some bugs that have been fixed recently:
  • Portable Homes work again, although they can't be placed on the continent yet (still working on that).
  • The last command is working again. Try: last tell, last shout, last say, last whisper, last magetell, last monktell, etc.
  • Small buttons work again.
  • A number of items that were temporarily broken, like the ****ie quests, are working again.
We're also working on fixing the Side Scroller quest. (Note: it's fixed now - 7/16/2003)

New Server
28-MAR-03

We're running the new server! It's 3x faster than our old one, so it can handle up to 300 players without server-side lag. We'll continue to work on optimizations so that we can get to 500 players on the server. Thanks for your patience while it was down today. Have fun!
As you should know, problems came up that were never fixed and crushed this hopeful possibility as it wasn't too much further down the road that the peek number of players started dropping and eventually settled somewhere in the 60s. However, with time and constant work it's certainly possible to get into numbers previously never before seen. What that would be I can't begin to predict, but the premise behind taking the server down was to lay the groundwork for that and other improvements.
Old 01-17-2008, 03:04 AM

Salkand has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via AIM to Salkand

WAIT! Portable homes don't work though. (yes I know it's an old update) but what happened man!
Old 01-17-2008, 07:44 AM

Brevitas has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Rhialto also thought he could increase the server capacity. Wizards share a lot of ideas, but that doesn't mean all those ideas will be a success.

"It is Ill-Manners to silence a Fool, and Cruelty to let him go on."

~Poor Richard's Almanac

So please, when I start babbling, smack me up-side the head.