Wyvern Forums

Review Wyvern Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Arcade
Go Back   Wyvern Forums > Archive > Wyvern Forums Archive > Wyvern Help
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chatbox Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Wyvern Help Ask, answer, and provide information regarding the game or forum.

Old 05-25-2011, 10:38 PM

Kruptid has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Default Two new blacksmiths (This is a book)

Hello everyone.

I've been a Wyvern player for a long time now (since I was 13 I'd say).

Have had multiple characters, in multiple guilds, of multiple races.

Never Hofed, never completed an RD, never beat MMA.

Once the servers are back up I'd like to create two characters that I can eventually help serve the Wyvern community with. Due to my inexperience though I need some help with information.

Both characters will be created as fighters and explorers. I intend to HoF both in a timely manner and at that point untrain almost all of their skills and convert them into full time Blacksmiths.

First character

Either a Fire Giant Paladin, or a Stone Giant Caveman, or either of these two giants/axeman.
Why Giants? I want to create massive weapons on one of my characters. Of the four types of weapons that can be crafted, axes are already 2 handed and massives don't exist, and massive daggers seem to defeat the purpose. (Please let me know if you disagree)

Stats after untraining:
Sword 25 (training) 4* (natural) 6 (rings) 10** (guild) = 31 / 45* / 35**
Club 25 (training) 4* (natural) 6 (rings) 10** (guild) = 31 / 45* / 35**
Blacksmith 25 (training) 5** (guild) 3 (gloves) = 28 / 33**

* - These number is dependent on which Race I pick.
** - These numbers are dependent on which guild I pick.

Now if the information I found is correct then.

Perfect Diamond requires 60 points (Weapon + Blacksmith)
Perfect Electrinum requires 70 points (Weapon + Blacksmith)

If that is true I have a few options.
1st combination will make perfect electrinum swords and regular diamond clubs.
2nd combination will make perfect electrinum clubs and regular diamond swords.
3rd combination will make regular electrinum clubs and swords and perfect diamond clubs and swords.

My question to you is:
Are the above numbers correct?
Which of the 3 combinations is preferred?

I will outline my next character in the following reply after I give my brain a short break.

Last edited by Kruptid : 05-26-2011 at 01:35 AM.
Old 05-25-2011, 11:21 PM

Frosten has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

I have been told perfection levels have been switched between electrinum and diamond, so electrinum is tougher to make, as it should be. As for training, you cannot train past your level. You can use blacksmith gloves to get higher, though.

Finally, blacksmith gloves are +3, not 2.

Glacio (Frost Giant Axeman) (level 30)
Then (Human Mage) (level 28)
Shoot (Rakshasa Caveman) (level 26)
Magiz (Halfling Enchanter) (level 26)
Patron (Human Conjurer) (level 25)
Dboss (Halfling Rogue) (level 25)

Last edited by Frosten : 05-25-2011 at 11:23 PM.
Old 05-26-2011, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosten View Post
I have been told perfection levels have been switched between electrinum and diamond, so electrinum is tougher to make, as it should be. As for training, you cannot train past your level. You can use blacksmith gloves to get higher, though.

Finally, blacksmith gloves are +3, not 2.
Thanks I will edit my posts and attempt to have the same outcome.

Human Axeman
Axe 25 (training) 6 (rings) 10 (guild) = 41
Blade 25 (training) 6 (rings) = 31
Blacksmith 25 (training) 5 (guild) 3 (gloves) = 33
Fire/Water 25 (training) = 25*

* - Will be higher based on the amount of elemental skills that can be added.

This character could make perfect electrinum axes, electrinum blades, and perfect diamond blades.
If Electrinum armor is crafted at 70 I would need 12 points in fire/water to make the boots.

Because blacksmith can't be trained past your level, I may end up with 4 characters that are specialized in a single weapon type or armor.

Fire Giant Paladin could make Perfect Massive Electrinum Swords
Stone Giant Caveman could make Perfect Massive Electrinum Clubs
Any Giant Rogue could make Massive Electrinum Blades (if you wanted, if not then...)
Dark Elf Rogue could make Perfect Electrinum Blades (if you wanted)
Dwarf Axeman may be able to make both Perfect Electrinum Axes, and Electrinum armor.

Questions:
How many points do Dwarves receive in Blacksmith? (4?)
Would you prefer massive electrinum blades or light/balanced electrinum blades?
How many combined points are needed to craft electrinum boots? (70?)
What is the maximum amount of points from items you can add to fire or water?
Do any guilds give an increase to water or fire?
Can armor be made light/balanced?
Do any races give bonuses to armor crafting? (Anything important like giants making massive weapons)

And above all else, which of these crafters should I make first? Please keep in mind that their may be other active crafters so I'd prefer to create one that is making something different than that person.

**Is there any chance in the future to allow blacksmith to be trained past your level?**
Old 05-26-2011, 02:12 AM

Crier has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via AIM to Crier

Just a quick point, don't forget to factor the negs you receive from the guilds too.
And you get the +10 to what ever from the guild at max guild levels, so you will have to be able to kill things too. Unless you are planning on making lots of different characters, leveling them all, getting massive amounts of money on all of them, then retraining them all. A lot of work in my opinion, so I would concentrate on one at a time.
"Big Brother in the form of an increasingly powerful government and in an increasingly powerful private sector will pile the records high with reasons why privacy should give way to national security, to law and order [...] and the like." - Justice William O. Douglas

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security would deserve neither and lose both." -Benjamin Franklin
Old 05-26-2011, 02:54 AM

Xerxes has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Rogues are incredibly difficult to HoF, especially when you're using an elf of any kind. There's a reason why there are so few elven HoFs. Also, there is no such thing as a massive dagger - that's called a sword.
Old 05-26-2011, 05:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crier View Post
Just a quick point, don't forget to factor the negs you receive from the guilds too.
And you get the +10 to what ever from the guild at max guild levels, so you will have to be able to kill things too. Unless you are planning on making lots of different characters, leveling them all, getting massive amounts of money on all of them, then retraining them all. A lot of work in my opinion, so I would concentrate on one at a time.
Yeah I forgot about the negatives from guilds.

Looks like I'm creating 4 or 5 characters then.

Fire Giant Pally for massive sword.
Stone Giant Cavey for massive club.
Dwarf Axeman for axes.
Dark Elf Rogue for blades.
And something else for armor. Maybe Human and I'll do skinning as well if possible.

And yes I do intend on leveling all those characters. Not much else to the game other than kill mobs, collect treasure, sell treasure.

The work as you call it is the gameplay to me
Old 05-26-2011, 09:38 AM

Frosten has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Just so you understand, you only have a chance to make light/balanced weapons after you have exceeded the perfection level. so, if you want to make a light or balanced electrinum weapon, you need at least 71 bs+skill. for every skill after that, you have more of a chance to make something light or balanced.

As for armorsmithing, you can make things lightweight and durable. I tried dabbling into armorsmithing on my level 26 mage, and the results were not very pretty. I had 24 fire magic trained and 18 blacksmith. with 2 rings and 1 amulet along with bs gloves i had 27+21=48. it was very difficult for me to make diamond items, as you can expect. With no bonuses for fire/water magic from a guild and the lack of demand for most of the armor, you probably should scrap the idea of an armorsmith.

You also have to take into account the blacksmiths that are already well-established in the game. I know that Twilly smiths daggers and Tyranos and other less-active people smith swords. Axes can potentially be done by any given dwarven axeman, but the main lack of smithing is shown in clubs. I feel your best bet is to first try making a club smith then going based off of what the community needs.

Glacio (Frost Giant Axeman) (level 30)
Then (Human Mage) (level 28)
Shoot (Rakshasa Caveman) (level 26)
Magiz (Halfling Enchanter) (level 26)
Patron (Human Conjurer) (level 25)
Dboss (Halfling Rogue) (level 25)
Old 05-26-2011, 05:05 PM

peacemaster has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via MSN to peacemaster

Making a smith is not easy. You really need to consider whether you are willing to spend the time to make one. It takes much longer to make a lvl 25 smith than a lvl 25 fighter. Also, don't expect to see the money you spend on training back for at least a year or two, possibly much longer, while being a smith.
4 or 5 trained smiths will take you a long time. If you want an advice, start with a guild weapon that is the most popular but there are no smiths. Clubs had a shortage if I remember well, might be wrong too. As for tanning, a smith can have enough points to make perfect wyvern skins.
As for your human axeman build, you seem to neglect the guild negatives that you get. Smithing weapons that are already smithed by other smiths is always a bad habit and will result in less money gained. Established smiths usually don't have any issues pushing their prices below what you offer. (just a hint)
Old 05-26-2011, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacemaster View Post
Making a smith is not easy. You really need to consider whether you are willing to spend the time to make one. It takes much longer to make a lvl 25 smith than a lvl 25 fighter. Also, don't expect to see the money you spend on training back for at least a year or two, possibly much longer, while being a smith.
4 or 5 trained smiths will take you a long time. If you want an advice, start with a guild weapon that is the most popular but there are no smiths. Clubs had a shortage if I remember well, might be wrong too. As for tanning, a smith can have enough points to make perfect wyvern skins.
As for your human axeman build, you seem to neglect the guild negatives that you get. Smithing weapons that are already smithed by other smiths is always a bad habit and will result in less money gained. Established smiths usually don't have any issues pushing their prices below what you offer. (just a hint)
Thanks for replying.

Let me clarify something that is buried in my first post.
I don't intend on leveling as a smith. I will start off as a fighter and save up as much money as possible when leveling. Once I hit 25 I will be ignoring XP and gear completely...the only thing I will be doing at that point is attempting to do the HoF image quest, farming slabs to smith with in the future, and saving money.

Once I have enough money I will untrain all of the Strength, FW, Healing, etc. and retrain all of those points into BS.

I am happy that Frosten pointed out which items are already being crafted. That really helps my decision when it comes to start one first. (It will more than likely be a Giant Caveman making massive clubs.)

My purpose for doing this is not to make money. If I was allowed to smith stuff for free I would however the mins from the AH won't allow that.

I simply enjoy Wyvern and always have and am just looking to provide a service that can help the community grow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosten View Post
Tyranos and other less-active people smith swords.
Do you know if any of these people are giants? I will probably do clubs regardless but I am still curious.

If I am a giant do I have the option to create regular clubs/swords as opposed to massive? Or am I always going to make massives whether I want to or not?
Old 05-27-2011, 06:16 AM

my sword smith is a giant
Old 05-27-2011, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacemaster View Post
my sword smith is a giant
Thanks Peacemaster.

Do you have the option to create normal sized swords if you prefer?
Old 05-27-2011, 09:05 PM

nope, giants can only make massives