Wyvern Forums

Review Wyvern Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Arcade
Go Back   Wyvern Forums > Archive > Wyvern Forums Archive > Suggestions
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chatbox Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Suggestions Post any suggestions for new Wyvern content here that is too complicated to explain in the idea log or that you want to first get feedback on from other players.

Old 03-25-2011, 09:06 PM

thedib has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Default lycanthrope guild

Ok so I've had some spare time, and I've no idea what's up with wyvern 2 and the giant mystery surrounding it so this is probably a moot idea on that end, and and for a.month at least on my end(im in the middle of.moving) in trying to work towards hopefully putting it together either for this platform or the next

Lycanthrope guild;
I've got a basic outline of my quest that I think would work well for application written out, obviously not going to post it here.
Ok second draft, ty jezrald for the idea about the sulphur in the blood I ran with that, ty hofod for pointing out the problems with an evil guild and Tes ty even more for the solution around them

Basic stat plus and minuses
Gain ability to shapeshift lycanthrope
+ to unarmed every other glvl
+ to healing 1 per glvl
+4% hp per glvl
+ evocation every odd glvl
+ innate bonus to unarmed damage that increases per glvl only while shapeshifted

Now the minuses
-5 meditation
- meditation 1 per glvl only while shifted to lycanthrope form
- all weapons except unarmed 5
- 5 enchantment, incantation, conjuration
-5 life, death, spirit, mind
-10 air, water
Fire vulnerability

Restrictions
Im unsure on race restrictions atm
Must be shapeahifted and unarmed to get xp obviosly

Other random thots up in the air, requires lvl 20 for entrance, with a rather long detailed quest involved in order to leave, I want players to be a bit nor experianced with questing in wyvern to get in since you wont be able to just leave
I've one other idea as far as entrance for the guild that would be something special but also possibly semi limiting, if a wizard has time I would love to talk about its feasability and id want to keep it under wraps till it started tho

Edit: For everything

I think that's most of what I've got down to share, forgive the various grammer infractions please doing this on my phone and it still kind of owns me at times

Ps. Sadface at the invisible forum wizard who took my box while I was typing my apology for it, I wont make another but it really would have made my life easier. And what you to to say hi? Lol

Last edited by thedib : 03-26-2011 at 05:49 PM.
Old 03-26-2011, 09:39 AM

jezrald has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Regarding Wyvern 2: heh, don't hold your breath.

On to the rest of your post. I seem to remember the wizards have said they don't plan to add any new guilds (which is presumably why you mentioned Wyvern 2 in the first place?), but perhaps that's not as firm as their decision not to add new playable races.
The idea of a guild that allows you to shapeshift seems a bit odd to me... and likely to require a good bit of (core) coding, which is a pretty severe disadvantage at the moment. But other than that, the guild as laid out seems like a good start to me, except for the ST bonus.

I kinda think guilds shouldn't have bonuses to non-combat skills like ST, merchant, etc etc -- I dunno, maybe it's just me, but the existing guilds seem to stick to combat-related skills. I'd think it would make it trickier to balance if you have guilds that are better not only at combat, but at other things as well -- how do you weigh combat vs. non-combat bonuses, when it's something as "monolithic" as a guild selection?

Oh, and you might want to explain why e.g. fire vulnerability/neg. resistance (BTW, which would it be? There is a difference, oddly) is present -- someone suggested that lycanthropes tend to have unusually high levels of sulfur, which would obviously make them a lot more flammable.

P.S. Whether lycanthropes should be vulnerable to silver (i.e. in PK) is an interesting question, but probably moot, since I *very* much doubt you can put such specific vulnerabilities in guilds with the present codebase.
Old 03-26-2011, 12:38 PM

hofod has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

i didnt read much but i did notice the MUST BE EVIL thing. that wouldnt work well at all because most of the harder enemies are all evil. so you'd lose your guildrank in the middle of an RD or maybe questing which is certainly not good at all.
Old 03-26-2011, 01:02 PM

I didn't know that they wernt really interested in a new guild, the main sites been down since I've been back on the site, I actually thought that wyvern had met an untimly end several years ago and hadn't checked back in a long time, so im pretty far out of date on the who's and whats, as for the wyvern 2, nah wasn't sure where or what it is, the forums pretty confusing on weathrer its a big joke or a forreal possibility, so im just going to continue on, its something to do and if the wizards like parts or all of it enough to put it. In all the better

lol I so vote spirit travel is a combat skill, not an oft used one, but its no merchant or tanning, I did debate with myself aa while on it tho, I was kind of hoping to stay away from the cookie cutter melee a lil by avoiding the + to str or fw, what would you sudgest instead?

I just count since fw and str cap its just a point that I can put somehwere else as melee, usually towards healing myself either spell wise or +healing skill, into spirit travel or into a noncombat skill, the exceptions obviously being the skills that don't cap, weapon skill being a good example you can't get bonuses like that from anywhere but guild, making them more valuable in my eyes, same with th hp and mana% bonuses, since most people do take some st, but not maxing it(does it cap btw?) I felt it was an even trade out, just this time you train str or fw

I not sure how much I will be able to play within the limits of wyverns code half of the world, 95% of what would make the guild special already exists in someform in game but would definatly take some tweaking of that I've no doubt, how much would be my responsability and within my skills is kind of up in the air

Ugh ok thx didn't think of the alignment process as I should of, that's really kind of limiting, I don't really want to throw it out, hopefully ill come up with a way around it, sudgestions would be welcome, cause I could put rds in the maps that I would be making that would turn you evil, but it locks the guild into a narrow portion of the game and discourages player exploration

The silver for pk thing and fire weakness or whatever id like to bee only one weakness like that, but I do want something to represent a natural weakness

Edit:too much info

Feedback is very welcome, and ty for the forum swap

Last edited by thedib : 03-26-2011 at 01:51 PM.
Old 03-26-2011, 01:46 PM
Wizardess

Teshuvah has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedib View Post
I not sure how much I will be able to play within the limits of wyverns code half of the world, 95% of what would make the guild special already exists in someform in game but would definatly take some tweaking of that I've no doubt, how much would be my responsability and within my skills is kind of up in the air

Ugh ok thx didn't think of the alignment process as I should of, that's really kind of limiting, I don't really want to throw it out, hopefully ill come up with a way around it, sudgestions would be welcome, cause I could put rds in the maps that I would be making that would turn you evil, but it locks the guild into a narrow portion of the game and discourages player exploration
Just to address a few minor points.

While we are always interested in new races and guilds, they must be done by pre-existing wizards, see below. So it isn't something we are looking to recieve in submissions from players.

None of the coding would be your responsibility.
Creating a guild is Elder level and higher up stuff generally. And much of what you mentioned wanting doesn't currently exist even within the game code.

If and when you ever become a wizard you start as a Junior wizard and you don't get access to even basic code until you are a Senior or higher wizard.
So any code you'd want or need would have to be done by someone else even in your first map submissions. We generally do not accept code in first map submissions as the manual says , you need to prove to us you know how to make maps first. We worry about you knowing coding later.

RDs currently can't be limited to alignment and/or monsters.

None of this changes that talking about new guilds or races is an enjoyable past time.
Old 03-26-2011, 01:58 PM

Ok cool thx, I don't suppose you can link me to the wizard app rules anywhere while the main site is down? I havnt been able to find one

K on the rds, . . . Grr at goodguy wearwolfs lol
Old 03-26-2011, 02:53 PM

Kama has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teshuvah View Post
Just to address a few minor points.

While we are always interested in new races and guilds, they must be done by pre-existing wizards, see below. So it isn't something we are looking to recieve in submissions from players.
I noticed that last part and wanted to ask - does that mean you aren't looking for 'suggestions' from players either? Obviously the choice to incorporate something into the game will always fall on the wizards, but some clarity as to whether you're even willing to consider ideas from players would be appreciated.
Old 03-26-2011, 03:12 PM
Wizardess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kama View Post
I noticed that last part and wanted to ask - does that mean you aren't looking for 'suggestions' from players either? Obviously the choice to incorporate something into the game will always fall on the wizards, but some clarity as to whether you're even willing to consider ideas from players would be appreciated.
Oh we do want ideas from players, absolutely. My point was, as you said, they would have to be incorporated by the wizards.
Thedibs messages implied he was going to apply to be a wizard, so I wanted to clarify that's all.
Old 03-26-2011, 03:15 PM
Wizardess

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedib View Post
Ok cool thx, I don't suppose you can link me to the wizard app rules anywhere while the main site is down? I havnt been able to find one

K on the rds, . . . Grr at goodguy wearwolfs lol
No it won't be available until the web site is.
But in short:
You must be 16 years old
You must have at least one level mid level character (15-16)
You must know the game and it's rules well.
You must be trusted, mature, and well known by the wizards.
You must submit 40+ maps that aren't a town that meet the map guidelines and that are accepted by an Arch Wizard.
Your alts can not be known/associated with a wizard account or they will be banished.
(map guidelines will also be available when the web site is back up).

Where you haven't played the game in a few years and so much has changed, I'd say give it some more time.
Old 03-26-2011, 03:18 PM
Wizardess

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedib
Grr at goodguy wearwolfs lol
Also, maybe the route to think about is they must be evil in order to shift.
Old 03-26-2011, 03:44 PM

Hmm well even if im unable to assist in the coding itself I've put some thought. Into it

The biggest jump is the transition of shapeshifting from being a race ability into one gained or lost by being in the guild. I pulled alot from the naga race, to be specific, the shapeshifting idea itself, the bite/infection power increase, and the penalty to meditation, for ease of use and hopefully collaboration and or permission from the wizard who created the naga to start with(I don't know of the top of my head but im a fan)

My brain went this far, I've no idea if its even close to helpful

Commands;
Cast shapeshift <guildranklvl1>
would gain bonus to ua attack in some form/think first snake form
-1 to meditation

Cast shapeshift <guildranklvl2>
slightly highe bonus to ua/think second snake form
-2 to meditation

I think going this route you could set it up so if you wanted things to have the straight damage boost, or possibly something where some immunitys were worked in or the extra damage was less effective against a certain creature type

And so on down the line not sure how drastic the ua increase per glvl would be

They might even be able to be setup as spells with an infinate duration that apply skill penalty's that last till oom(not sure of how feasible this is without an idea of how the framework for such things are

How hard it would be to work from the code available I don't know but it might be able to work within the current confines of the code

The rest of it,the various stat bonuses and pennaltys, is in my eyes is pretty standard guild fluffing imho. Should be molded to fit the archetype for storyline quests the game world and balance etc

O I plan to play for a while, ill have to probably take a toon to 20 at the very least, esp if I can't figure out the info for my old accounts,

I like the must be evil to shapeshift idea, it would really limit what the room would be capable of, my big question is it easy enough to get evil that it wont seriously hamper leveling, I want it to be something players have to think about and keep in mind, but not such a pain in the behind to make it less desirable to play

Last edited by thedib : 03-26-2011 at 03:56 PM.
Old 03-26-2011, 06:38 PM
Player Mod

Rarkvar has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Few things that came to mind after reading teshuvahs posts.
You can make the areas and the guild quest, etc. Then if/when you become a high enough wizard to be given the authority to make a guild, you could simply implement it then and give a neat back story as to how it came to be a guild. Such as a war against a town and the werewolves, and those infected have set up a place to conduct meetings and such, sell supplies, train, etc. You know, guild stuff.

Makes me think of WoW: Cataclysm Worgen side story. (If you have cataclysm and you havnt made a worgen yet, do so, the intro story line is epic).

Good luck, sir.
Old 03-29-2011, 01:07 AM

Brionac has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Where you haven't played the game in a few years and so much has changed, I'd say give it some more time.

Yeah....I think that takes me out of the running to man
Old 03-29-2011, 09:03 AM

Frosten has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brionac View Post
Yeah....I think that takes me out of the running to man
i have almost as good of shot as you >.>

Glacio (Frost Giant Axeman) (level 30)
Then (Human Mage) (level 28)
Shoot (Rakshasa Caveman) (level 26)
Magiz (Halfling Enchanter) (level 26)
Patron (Human Conjurer) (level 25)
Dboss (Halfling Rogue) (level 25)
Old 03-29-2011, 09:57 AM
Wizardess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosten View Post
i have almost as good of shot as you >.>
hahha I can safely say your chances are so much better than brionac's that you can't compare. And your chances don't exist... so...
Old 03-29-2011, 10:35 AM

Brionac has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Hahaa classic joke.

Apparently...i'm in the negative?

*high fives Frosten*

Old 03-29-2011, 12:55 PM

Salkand has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via AIM to Salkand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teshuvah View Post
hahha I can safely say your chances are so much better than brionac's that you can't compare. And your chances don't exist... so...
Oh oh oh Tesh! what are the chances of- (Waving his arm enthusiastically to garner Teshuvah's attention, Salkand is hit by a large semi-truck. When the dust of the truck's passage clears, Salkand is no where to be seen. You are unsure, but that may have been Binyamin driving the truck).
Old 03-29-2011, 05:28 PM
Wizardess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salkand View Post
Oh oh oh Tesh! what are the chances of- (Waving his arm enthusiastically to garner Teshuvah's attention, Salkand is hit by a large semi-truck. When the dust of the truck's passage clears, Salkand is no where to be seen. You are unsure, but that may have been Binyamin driving the truck).
*points* see, some people know where they stand.... or fall.....
Old 03-30-2011, 07:57 AM

Forseti has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

My main concern here is, What races would be allowed in this guild. Would it be limited to just humans? Or would the other races be able to become infected.

My next question/concern is the quests. You need to solve one to enter, and to leave. But what if after you leave you wish to rejoin?
Old 03-30-2011, 09:40 PM

I was aiming for any race tbh, tried to keep it kind of balanced with the shifted form, reguardless of race and I thought the meditation penaltys seemed appropriate, putting points into med for a 3 skill point race, esp melee focused character, pulls a notable amount from what's normally set to damage increase by fw or str, or healing, the 4 skill point races get it a lil easier, might even be able to pick up some of the evocatio/fire/earth options avail, I think nagas might have it the roughest if the two kinds of shapeshifting were aloud to stack, with unless im missing something not being able to get a werehydra untill 30, getting the max guild bonus to melee mind you, without some spendy gear, not to mention putting exactly a third of your total skill points into a non melee stat, but this isto counter the hydras natural boosts to melee + the lycanthrope boost, it would have to be played with some to find a good balance, but I think it could be attained, im also curious how a lil fire throwing claw wielding halfling would stand up vs some of the more obvious choices, but I've been reading alot of old wyvern news that's chached online, I've been out of the game long enough(4 years +) that what's balanced in my eyes may not be as applicable to the current game as I thought to start with, ill rehash this whole thing a couple months after the server comes back

Not sure on the second question, probably get a better answer from a wiz, but id just have the final part of the leave quest reset the entrance quest, just cause your cured doesn't mean your immune, or depending I might do a new chain after leaving, regain the trust of the guild, prove your evilness . . That kind of stuffand O the possibilities, probably set the second chain to cycle back intoitself if you decide to leave and rejoin beyond the first time

Last edited by thedib : 03-30-2011 at 10:44 PM.