Wyvern Forums

Review Wyvern Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Arcade
Go Back   Wyvern Forums > Archive > Wyvern Forums Archive > Wyvern Help
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chatbox Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Wyvern Help Ask, answer, and provide information regarding the game or forum.

Old 08-10-2009, 10:56 PM

Ellavyn has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

i was thinking of making an air mage, since the lightning bolt spell is a line spell, i was thinking of pairing it up with paralysis to keep the monster still while i blast them. so guys, what level do i need in mind magic to make paralysis effective enough to hold strong monsters and long enough for me to kill them? also are there monsters that are immune to paralysis? thx

i just thought of this too, what about the fear spell? is that useful to have if your in a jam? like does it actually work? or are there just too many monster immune to fear? thx again
Old 08-11-2009, 10:06 AM

rilian has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via MSN to rilian

Bullfrogz had a really good guide to mind magic that was on ignignok's freeweb site. It explained the usefullness of paralysis, fear, and confusion and told which monsters worked on what. Unfortunately I can't find the link to the site however, I know it is in a thread on the forum somewhere. I'll edit this if I find it.
Old 08-11-2009, 12:18 PM
Wizardess

Teshuvah has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by rilian View Post
Bullfrogz had a really good guide to mind magic that was on ignignok's freeweb site. It explained the usefullness of paralysis, fear, and confusion and told which monsters worked on what. Unfortunately I can't find the link to the site however, I know it is in a thread on the forum somewhere. I'll edit this if I find it.
If you do find it, keep in mind that this info is several years old and was before all the spell changes , most recently mind spell changes.
Old 08-11-2009, 12:26 PM

Trayr is trapped in an Inn behind a dozen clones

A thing to remember is that mind magic wont work on higher level creatures, so as you get better, this technique will become more obselete.

What I have noticed about mind evocation is that confusion works more than paralysis which works more than fear. But for paralysis, if you do get it to work in tends not to last that long.

And a last note, air magic is not a killer. You will get sick of lightning bolt really fast and the only other alternative is thunderstorm, which is a heavy spell to try and cast regularly.
Old 08-12-2009, 01:35 AM

Frosten has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trayr View Post

And a last note, air magic is not a killer. You will get sick of lightning bolt really fast and the only other alternative is thunderstorm, which is a heavy spell to try and cast regularly.
Say that to Mad Gander.

I have wanted to do EXACTLY what you want to do. I made an alt for this purpose, and was pretty much stuck on him until level 10 when i decided that mind wasn't worth it and got him fire magic as the alternative. the fireball/lightning bolt combo works extremely well. Air is a useful secondary weapon against some monsters, but in my opinion there really isn't enough variety of evocations of air to use it as your primary element. I mean, thunderstorm and lightning bolt are nice and all, but ball spells are so much more convenient. Combine one of those ball spells with thunderstorm and lightning bolt and you have a good system going on

Glacio (Frost Giant Axeman) (level 30)
Then (Human Mage) (level 28)
Shoot (Rakshasa Caveman) (level 26)
Magiz (Halfling Enchanter) (level 26)
Patron (Human Conjurer) (level 25)
Dboss (Halfling Rogue) (level 25)
Old 08-12-2009, 08:16 AM

rilian has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via MSN to rilian

Here is the site.
http://www.freewebs.com/ignignok/bul...uidetomind.htm

Like tesh said, all the info may not be relevant anymore but I still should be somewhat usefull. I would recommend reading it still.
Old 08-12-2009, 12:38 PM

Ellavyn has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

thanks rillian for look up the site it was very helpful

yea like you guys said above im already kind of sick of lightning bolt lol and paralysis does not last long at all =/ sigh looks like im gonna drop mind, but since the new spell system requires specific elements to make spells work, like free action/bravery/etc does anyone know a good level to have in mind magic to make those resists effective?

thank you all for your help
Old 08-12-2009, 01:58 PM

Kabroz has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellavyn View Post
since the new spell system requires specific elements to make spells work, like free action/bravery/etc does anyone know a good level to have in mind magic to make those resists effective?
I find that 55% isn't that bad ( from a bravery pot) so maybe 10 mind is an okay number to shoot for.