Wyvern Forums

Review Wyvern Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Arcade
Go Back   Wyvern Forums > Archive > Wyvern Forums Archive > Wyvern Help
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chatbox Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Wyvern Help Ask, answer, and provide information regarding the game or forum.

Old 01-22-2011, 04:19 AM

Binary has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Default Suggestions for a Earth/Death Mage ?

I am in the process of creating a Mage with a focus in Earth/Death magic, and could use some suggestions skill-wise (maybe even spell-wise?). I have a decent idea of where I'm going with this character but I would greatly appreciate whatever input anyone might have. I'm not looking for a cookie-cutter skillset, more want to make sure I'm headed in the right direction. I should be able to figure most of it out as I go.

Input from veteran mages would be especially appreciated. The last time I made a mage was years ago, prior the extended period when the server was down for repair. I haven't been around much since then; and honestly they were never my strongest suit. So I could certainly use advice from those with a bit more experience than myself.

Much thanks in advance - Binary

(edit: I thought I should note that my character is a human. Thanks again for your help!)

"2. The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.

"3. Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic"
- Clarke's Three Laws, Arthur C. Clarke

Last edited by Binary : 01-22-2011 at 05:13 AM.
Old 01-22-2011, 08:11 PM

Kabroz has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Earth/Death doesn't really have much room for offensive spells (aside from 1hko spells/spells with v. expensive reagents/sandstorm)

That said, earth/death sounds fun... I just wouldn't lvl up with those two elements. I would suggest you go one of fire/water and death/earth, to level up and grab gold.

As for skills, I would say something along the lines of:

5-10 merchant
X Lore (try not to get the really high lore spells that you'll only use in pk, until... you wanna pk)
Fire/water to ~19
~10 Life
7-9 evo
0-5 med

that's generally what I'd like, along with other skills that you may want(strength for carrying, FW for more damage), but by no means the best way to build a mage

P.S. - Magic Mine is fun