Wyvern Forums

Review Wyvern Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Arcade
Go Back   Wyvern Forums > Archive > Wyvern Forums Archive > General
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chatbox Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General For serious discussions about general Wyvern topics.

Old 05-08-2009, 11:06 PM

Logwad has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via AIM to Logwad Send a message via MSN to Logwad

Even if the wizards don't endorse it, I highly recommend that you keep eating vegetables.
Old 05-09-2009, 03:38 AM

goonyton has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Arilou you are correct, I mistyped.

I have played 3 great games in my life so far Exile, Wyvern and Travain. All three have gone though the cycle you describe.

Travain is where I first noticed what you are talking about it is relevant in so far as to note another reason to stay. If a person gets in a leadership position they might feel the need to stay for those that follow them and they will try to stick it out. After Travain I swore off real time games that do not have an end date because of that and the amount of time they can take.

Wyvern is still the best online game that I have found for playing on dial-up as a slow connection does not cause very many problems. Wyvern gets 2 big thumbs up for that, it then gets more as the interface and game play are so similar to Exile which is the best RPG that that I have played to date.

I am thinking I should start hunting up another one while Wyvern is still a great game. If people have any particular games that does not hurt you to bad for using dial-up and has no pay and cheat features I would like to hear about it and maybe a few of us here who have overstayed our time should move on.

Tesh mentioned a link, Arilou do you still have it?

I think you and Tesh have both been around longer than I have, what drives you guys to keep doing what you do?

P.S. While I have to agree there are no carrots here, everyone should still be eating their broccoli, cauliflower, corn, spinach,celery, rhubarb, beets, radishes, turnips,onions and garlic.

Last edited by goonyton : 05-09-2009 at 03:42 AM.
Old 05-09-2009, 02:50 PM
Forum Admin

Arilou has disabled reputation

The link I often give is: http://play-free-online-games.com/games/games_rpg.html It's a nice, full list of free MMORPG and MMORPG related games.

And my drive is different from you guys. I don't play the game, I work on it as a hobby. So, I partly continue to do this for the same reason people continue to build model rockets for years and years. I literally need some sort of creative outlet and despite various annoyances, Wyvern is really the best thing I've found for that.
Old 05-10-2009, 05:44 PM

Warcow has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Thumbs up Achieve!

Hey guys, good to remember familiar names..

Interesting post, Arilou
The part about players achieving and achieving, eventually burning out grabbed my attention. I've given it a bit of thought, since I am currently someone with (somewhat) ample time for thinking

I am an achiever, in Wyvern and in life. For me, the best part of many things I do is the process of becoming better. Things like playing the guitar or training in martial arts; things you can’t simply master, they’re things you can always strive to get better at.
To me, Wyvern was one of those things. Sure, I RD’d, went on AV runs, and grinded for xp like everyone else. But I also explored and tinkered with my characters and the game in every aspect I could, always trying to find new ways of becoming craftier, more innovative, and more efficient.

Though xp and gold wasn’t my greatest focus while playing the game, it was still the solid foundation I had to build my characters upon. It’s like practicing scales on the guitar or doing drills while training, sure they get repetitive at times, but they help, a lot. Thankfully, there’s plenty of ways around the boring parts, in life and Wyvern. In life, I can practice with a friend; in Wyvern, you can go adventuring with a big band of people, or RD with a friend, which was something I highly advocated (a good part of Warcow’s climb to level 31 was done RDing with Antithigram)

At the time I was banished, the game was still very fun for me and steadily becoming even more fun. I’d like to entertain the idea that when I was part of the Wyvern Community, maybe I was also making the game slightly more fun for the people I played with. Who knows, if I’m welcome to, maybe I’ll come back and stick around a bit this summer.
Old 05-10-2009, 07:07 PM

dmc has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

how did u get banished?

EDIT:

Lol, I see how easy it is to get banished now.

If seasoned veterans who type with proper grammar are rude or satirical towards someone, it's all good, but if you respond in a similar manner, it's a "one way trip out of the door".

Edit by Arilou: Keep it up ("it" being the line I removed) and you'll see how "easy" it is to get banished.

Last edited by dmc : 05-10-2009 at 07:42 PM.
Old 05-10-2009, 09:05 PM

Crier has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via AIM to Crier

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmc View Post

If seasoned veterans who type with proper grammar are rude or satirical towards someone, it's all good, but if you respond in a similar manner, it's a "one way trip out of the door".
That's not true in the slightest....
"Big Brother in the form of an increasingly powerful government and in an increasingly powerful private sector will pile the records high with reasons why privacy should give way to national security, to law and order [...] and the like." - Justice William O. Douglas

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security would deserve neither and lose both." -Benjamin Franklin
Old 05-10-2009, 10:23 PM

Unknown has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Hello ladys!! im sure many of you remember me cos i used to be cool (the rico papasito latino of the game), thats right! All hail Hail =P!!! to be honest, i have mixed feelings right now, one side of me regret begging teshu to ban my characters, cos i'm feeling in need of a good RPG! but on the oder side, i must admit i was playing wyvern way too much (now i have a successful career, i'm about to travel half way to the world and FINALLY i have a girlfriend)...

Any way, the reason im stopping by is cos yesterday i had this crazy dream in which i was playing wyvern again, and there was players lvl 50 and i was crying about how i quit at the top of my game and now i had this stupid lvl 2 pixie named "PuffBag".

Any way, it seems wyvern 2 is on its way! yey! maybe i give it a try... and seems its p2p for sure im not going to be playing as much as in the original wyvern... taking that aside... OMG!!! vampires and werewolf?!!! I have to try that =D!!!

Any way... kisses to all, and don't be like me! play with moderation and enjoy the game!!! (and ignore the wizards, max you can be with them is neutral... never friend, the more you talk with them, the more they hate you... i know i know, its strange... not my fault they are all "Wako")

P.s. i think i'm going to stay in the forums for some time till WII comes.
2008-06-14 12:58:18 Deathwish – killed by a poisonous Xipe Totec corpse

Last edited by Unknown : 05-10-2009 at 10:36 PM.
Old 05-10-2009, 10:40 PM

Hamel has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown View Post
Any way, it seems wyvern 2 is on its way! yey! maybe i give it a try... and seems its p2p for sure im not going to be playing as much as in the original wyvern... taking that aside... OMG!!! vampires and werewolf?!!! I have to try that =D!!!
Just so you know, Wyvern 2 was an april fool's day joke. :>
Old 05-10-2009, 10:51 PM

o.O!!! buuuh!!!... just when i was getting exited about playing again...
Old 05-10-2009, 11:57 PM

Burba has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
i'm about to travel half way to the world
You'll make it one day!
Old 05-11-2009, 07:36 AM
Wizardess

Teshuvah has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
to be honest, i have mixed feelings right now, one side of me regret begging teshu to ban my characters
Just FYI, begging didn't and doesn't get any characters banished.
Old 05-11-2009, 08:10 AM

No idea what FYI is? for your information? Banned was the wrong word, it had something to do with the mail and that i couldn't delete the character. Any way! this topic isn't about me ... seems you are all getting fun and thats whats matter.

Edited By Teshuvah removing inappropriate language.
Old 05-11-2009, 11:33 AM

CryForTheFire has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via AIM to CryForTheFire Send a message via MSN to CryForTheFire Send a message via Yahoo to CryForTheFire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamel View Post
Just so you know, Wyvern 2 was an april fool's day joke. :>
Thats why Wyvern 5 is comming out. It will be called Wyvern 5, the wyverning. Rated PG for bonkin kobolds on the head with a blunt object
Old 05-12-2009, 04:34 AM

Ploog has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via MSN to Ploog

Lol, >.>' Fancy seeing you guys here again. Decided to stop by after having a long discussion with a friend of mine, on old games I used to play, of course Wyvern was brought up! I loved this game when I played, and, I was even considering on, well I cannot and definitely won't say that I'll be a regular again, but was thinking of trying it out again, and take a look at the new art I happened to see in the 10 mins I logged on today =p

A lot of old names I recognize in this forum thread, that I actually laughed at when I saw(forum thread). hello to all of you again!

Edit: Honestly, the ppl I am most surprised to see on this forum thread/forums in general are Bullfrogz and happyrabitz, and I am still searching around for others >.>'

Last edited by Ploog : 05-12-2009 at 04:37 AM.
Old 05-12-2009, 11:05 AM
Wizardess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ploog View Post
Lol, >.>' Fancy seeing you guys here again. Decided to stop by after having a long discussion with a friend of mine, on old games I used to play, of course Wyvern was brought up! I loved this game when I played, and, I was even considering on, well I cannot and definitely won't say that I'll be a regular again, but was thinking of trying it out again, and take a look at the new art I happened to see in the 10 mins I logged on today =p

A lot of old names I recognize in this forum thread, that I actually laughed at when I saw(forum thread). hello to all of you again!

Edit: Honestly, the ppl I am most surprised to see on this forum thread/forums in general are Bullfrogz and happyrabitz, and I am still searching around for others >.>'
LOL the were all "gone" for about a month Ploog and most of them were back at it. Not as regular as before but they are there. Only a few of them aren't and they were gone long before you were anyway.

With all the updates lots of others are just coming back to look around at the updates etc.
Old 05-12-2009, 12:34 PM

Bullfrogz has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via AIM to Bullfrogz Send a message via MSN to Bullfrogz

I think I know who the two are because I haven't heard one peep from them in a long time.
Old 05-12-2009, 03:56 PM

Ploog has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via MSN to Ploog

Well ya I guess. I heard of some updates, and prolly gonna keep around somewhat just to see how they pan out. I do play WoW though, and, if you have ever played it, it is very hard to drop, just as Wyvern was =p
Old 05-12-2009, 05:13 PM
Wizardess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ploog View Post
Well ya I guess. I heard of some updates, and prolly gonna keep around somewhat just to see how they pan out. I do play WoW though, and, if you have ever played it, it is very hard to drop, just as Wyvern was =p
Aw Don't give up WoW on our account
Old 05-12-2009, 06:11 PM

Warcow has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Bow and arrow Maybe he's also done some good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teshuvah View Post
LOL the were all "gone" for about a month Ploog and most of them were back at it. Not as regular as before but they are there. Only a few of them aren't and they were gone long before you were anyway.

With all the updates lots of others are just coming back to look around at the updates etc.
I logged on the other day with an old alt, was pretty impressed with the new updates and hard work the wizards have done. (Congrats on being promoted to Arch Wizards by the way!)

But something just didn't feel right. As much as I want to, I didn't feel like I belonged any more. Even though there is nothing openly objecting me to make a new character and keep playing, I've felt stigmatized since Patriarch's hasty banishment. It just doesn't seem morally right to come back and play, after all that has came to pass...

I wrote something a while ago about the events of of the platinum / duping episode in hopes of learning from our mistake, but never found an appropriate time or place to speak up. Now seems more appropriate a time than ever.

I've never spoke of the event until now, I hope I merit a level-headed hearing without flame and thunder.
Old 05-12-2009, 06:22 PM
Wizardess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warcow View Post
I logged on the other day with an old alt, was pretty impressed with the new updates and hard work the wizards have done. (Congrats on being promoted to Arch Wizards by the way!)

But something just didn't feel right. As much as I want to, I didn't feel like I belonged any more. Even though there is nothing openly objecting me to make a new character and keep playing, I've felt stigmatized since Patriarch's hasty banishment. It just doesn't seem morally right to come back and play, after all that has came to pass...

I wrote something a while ago about the events of of the platinum / duping episode in hopes of learning from our mistake, but never found an appropriate time or place to speak up. Now seems more appropriate a time than ever.

I've never spoke of the event until now, I hope I merit a level-headed hearing without flame and thunder.
I removed the link because you arent going to be allowed to continue this nonsense anymore.
No one cares why you did it or why you didn't do it or why you want to be somehow vindicated. You did it, you were punished for it.
Im not even going to read it. The drama is way past and I am in no way interested in rekindling drama or "who did what when and why its not my fault or why it was all my fault".
None of it matters, period.
You weren't ip banished. You all lost your characters for it per Legolas.
Its the way it is.
Your actions (your being plural) caused problems for many players.
I doubt they care to hear your story either after all the trouble you caused them. (you again being plural).
Chose to play or not, that is totally up to you.
You will probably always be noticed and watched as are any who are banished for problems.
It's a game, none of that matters.
Those who play again are fine with that and are doing well and enjoying relearning Wyvern with the updates/AC and things they never got to play.
The choice is yours, but the drama isnt coming back. Play, don't play. Up to you.
This is a no drama zone though So just play or move along.
This will be the last word on an event that was almost a year ago.