Wyvern Forums

Review Wyvern Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Arcade
Go Back   Wyvern Forums > Archive > Wyvern Forums Archive > Wyvern Help
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chatbox Today's Posts

Wyvern Help Ask, answer, and provide information regarding the game or forum.

Old 10-09-2007, 12:28 AM
Forum Admin

Arilou has disabled reputation

Only a small number of players are signed up for the forums - About 300-500ish, not including people who made more than one account on the same forum and people who are signed up for both. Of those many do not have an email listed that they will login to and many have quit the game or moved on to more exciting things in their lives (some quit before the game went down, others decided not to play anymore after). Meanwhile, thousands of unique people (not accounts, but people) logged in every week and have no idea what happened to the game and will never check back after this long has passed. You see 60 players on during peek hours and you think that is the extent of our playerbase, but in reality a lot more unique people logged in at different hours of the day and there are a large number of players who were casual gamers that did not play every day or were taking a break from the game, but intended to come back later on.

The only people you will see for awhile after the return are the familar faces of hardcore players which actually make up a small number of the players online at the same time. These are the ones that will eventually filter back into the game, but they are very small in numbers compared to the bulk of our former playerbase. Anyway, below is a quote from the news that Rhialto posted back in '06:

Quote:
Some people create more than one character. If you look at people (basically, email addresses) instead of characters, over 150,000 people have created an account. Over 75% of those people have active Wyvern characters.

Mind you, a lot of people have accounts on more than one email so that stat is not based on unique people, but it does give you a vague idea of the actual extent of our playerbase.
Old 10-09-2007, 12:53 AM

Flamingpyrojo has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via AIM to Flamingpyrojo Send a message via MSN to Flamingpyrojo

Well agreed Ari, but you have to consider the fact of what Wyvern will attract when it comes back. Will it attract newer players? Perhaps we may get new hardcore wyverners!
Yodasoda(Frosty axeman)
Wonka(My prize Rak firemage)
Old 10-09-2007, 11:46 AM
Forum Admin

Arilou has disabled reputation

Considering I've been saying Wyvern will have to rebuild its playerbase from scratch (with new players...obviously) I don't see why I would have to consider what I already know.
Old 10-31-2007, 06:18 PM

Raistlin has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Default The usual Question.

Any new information from R? I know its been heard a lot, but Its been awhile and i'm just wondering.
Old 11-01-2007, 06:23 PM
Player Mod

Clubbz has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Don't count on any more updates on the progress, it only end up putting up the hopes of those who are still waiting for wyvern to come back up. When all of your hopes are up, then the said doesn't happen and they come crashing down, we get stuck listening to the whining of you guys for weeks.....
Old 11-01-2007, 06:58 PM

Raistlin has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Yeah, I understand that... It just makes me angry that its been this long and the game still hasn't returned..

I just hope it will someday.
Old 11-24-2007, 03:23 AM

Fury has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Raistlin, Rhialto has a life. You know, where you go out for most of your day doing work and getting paid for it. If you bothered to read, you'dve learned that Rhialto works for Google, and from I've seen, Google takes a lot of time making sure their servers are maintained so they don't crash, and we all know if Google died, the internet would go into havoc.

Moving on, since they're working on the servers too, does that mean all the accounts will be gone and the game will pretty much start over?
Old 11-24-2007, 04:46 AM

Iro has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fury View Post
Raistlin, Rhialto has a life. You know, where you go out for most of your day doing work and getting paid for it. If you bothered to read, you'dve learned that Rhialto works for Google, and from I've seen, Google takes a lot of time making sure their servers are maintained so they don't crash, and we all know if Google died, the internet would go into havoc.

Moving on, since they're working on the servers too, does that mean all the accounts will be gone and the game will pretty much start over?
You're one to talk about "actually reading," no offense intended.

It has been said multiple times that the characters will not be wiped, and no one will need to start over.
Old 11-24-2007, 02:00 PM

Fury has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

It wasn't stated in this thread, which is the only thread I've read. :P