Wyvern Forums

Review Wyvern Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Arcade
Go Back   Wyvern Forums > Archive > Wyvern Forums Archive > General
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chatbox Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General For serious discussions about general Wyvern topics.

Old 01-15-2013, 09:16 PM

Brionac has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

I'm just happy to see he gave up.
Old 01-15-2013, 09:28 PM
Forum Admin

Arilou has disabled reputation

You would think he'd be a troll, but I've dealt with him before as an admin and it was the same mindless stupidity. He would never think he did anything wrong, he'd never listen when we tried to explain the rules to him, and then he would throw a fit when he didn't get his way. In short, welcome to my world - I cannot begin to tell you how many people like this I've had to deal with and how many times it "ended" with them doing such things as emailing the game about us "abusive wizards," or "jerky" wizards as this one put it in the chatbox. Of course, his emails to the game weren't so much about how we were abusing him, (though that did come up) but rather mostly an attempt to trick and then use "logic" to get accounts unbanished. Anyway, in general, it didn't really end there because they would then continue their fits after it was pointed out to them exactly how the logs showed they were in the wrong (either in follow-up emails or in another trouble causing incident in-game that again wasn't their fault).

I remember, one time, a bunch of them got together and were ranting and raving about how they were going to have Rhialto get one of us banished to themselves and others. One bystander got all wrapped up in this and contacted us to tell us we had to change our ways before we got in trouble and then we had to explain that just because there were multiple complainers doesn't mean they were right. People legitimately convince themselves that they are victims and get incredibly annoyed when challenged. Then I had to make several attempts to get across to this person why they should stay out of things and let those people email Rhialto if that's what they intended (they didn't - they were just making a big show of things for anyone who would listen) because everything is logged and we therefore have no issue with our administrative activities being reviewed before the person got it (needless to say, this person was also incredibly young).

Oh and Brionic, do you really think this is the end of it? Would it have been the end of it with you?
Old 01-15-2013, 09:57 PM

Lets see.. if it was me in his point of view, no.

I'd read what you said, and have an uncontrollable urge to make even the stupidest remarks in return. I'd say anything, just to make sure you knew i'm a tough kid. I'd ignore everything anyone else said, and direct all my 12 year old rage towards you because I feel targeted. All because you Arilou, are crazy and have no idea what you're talking about..and I need to make sure you know that.

But then.. if it was me and I saw someone post this, i'd change up my strategy. I'd talk sophisticated and ignore you Arilou because i'm cool, you can't get to me and there is no way i'd play into how this smuck said I would act. I'd be so much smarter than that, because well..i'm me. And now that I feel like i've outsmarted everyone, i'd sneak a mountain dew..immortalizing my success.

At least.. that's how I imagine my 12 year old self treating the situation. I feel like its a pretty solid response.

And now that i've only left him the option of the strong silent type, hopefully he'll be just that.
Old 01-16-2013, 01:52 PM
Wizardess

Teshuvah has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brionac View Post
Lets see.. if it was me in his point of view, no.

I'd read what you said, and have an uncontrollable urge to make even the stupidest remarks in return. I'd say anything, just to make sure you knew i'm a tough kid. I'd ignore everything anyone else said, and direct all my 12 year old rage towards you because I feel targeted. All because you Arilou, are crazy and have no idea what you're talking about..and I need to make sure you know that.

But then.. if it was me and I saw someone post this, i'd change up my strategy. I'd talk sophisticated and ignore you Arilou because i'm cool, you can't get to me and there is no way i'd play into how this smuck said I would act. I'd be so much smarter than that, because well..i'm me. And now that I feel like i've outsmarted everyone, i'd sneak a mountain dew..immortalizing my success.

At least.. that's how I imagine my 12 year old self treating the situation. I feel like its a pretty solid response.

And now that i've only left him the option of the strong silent type, hopefully he'll be just that.
But this isn't how your 12 year old (or 17 year old) self dealt with it........this had to be sad.....You all *knew* this had to be sad......
Old 01-16-2013, 03:35 PM

Josiah has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

you guys are actually making me laugh lol..... Try thinking from a different point of view other then "oh this idiot kid thinks he knows everything" then you would understand why you bring meaning to the word LOL
Old 01-16-2013, 04:01 PM
Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josiah View Post
you guys are actually making me laugh lol..... Try thinking from a different point of view other then "oh this idiot kid thinks he knows everything" then you would understand why you bring meaning to the word LOL
"LOL" isn't a word, it's an acronym.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brionac View Post
I'm just happy to see he gave up.
You were saying?
Old 01-16-2013, 05:57 PM

So sad..

And I suppose you're right Arilou.. *sigh*

Tell ya what Josiah, just promise me you'll hang out in BRMA when the game comes back up. You'd look so much better with a massive diamond sword through your feeble characters chest. I'm sure there would be a line full of other players too.

And sorry Wizards, players only.
Old 01-16-2013, 06:06 PM
Player Mod

Clubbz has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Don't feed the trolls people. It's exactly like beggars and wild animals, they'll keep coming back if you feed them(or in a beggars case if you give them change). Just let him live in his own little delusional mind, while we enjoy reality.
Old 01-16-2013, 09:22 PM

Frosten has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teshuvah View Post
But this isn't how your 12 year old (or 17 year old) self dealt with it........this had to be sad.....You all *knew* this had to be sad......
This is prime quality entertainment right here.

Glacio (Frost Giant Axeman) (level 30)
Then (Human Mage) (level 28)
Shoot (Rakshasa Caveman) (level 26)
Magiz (Halfling Enchanter) (level 26)
Patron (Human Conjurer) (level 25)
Dboss (Halfling Rogue) (level 25)
Old 01-16-2013, 09:30 PM

You're so sick xD
Old 01-16-2013, 10:08 PM
Player Mod

Halloween has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clubbz View Post
while we enjoy reality.
You mean Zeofar's deranged mind, right?
Old 01-16-2013, 10:25 PM
Player Mod

Clubbz has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halloween View Post
You mean Zeofar's deranged mind, right?

Shhh, Zeofar is in denial. He doesn't believe we're here. Like Santa!
Old 01-16-2013, 10:48 PM

Morgus has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Don't worry Josiah, I believe in you. I've got your back.
Old 01-17-2013, 01:17 AM
Player Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgus View Post
Don't worry Josiah, I believe in you. I've got your back.
You should probably give that to Arilou before he eats you along with it!
Old 01-17-2013, 02:13 AM

Harbringer Of Good Stuff is trapped in an Inn behind a dozen clones

Honestly, Wyvern needs to be more portable :/, would be cool if it could run on my web browser :/ or on HTML5

I look toward the day of being the best I can be.
Old 01-17-2013, 05:05 PM
Player Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbringer Of Good Stuff View Post
Honestly, Wyvern needs to be more portable :/, would be cool if it could run on my web browser :/ or on HTML5
I'm fairly sure there was a phone version of the game.
Old 01-17-2013, 08:47 PM

Trayr is trapped in an Inn behind a dozen clones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbringer Of Good Stuff View Post
You are concerned with the games portability right now?
Old 01-18-2013, 11:29 AM

rilian has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via MSN to rilian

You could play Wyvern on an Ipaq. For you youngsters, it was and Ancient Iphone type device, with no angry birds or facebook, just outlook and bubble breaker. You had to use a stylus too, a stick looking thing, no touch screen.
Old 01-18-2013, 12:34 PM
Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by rilian View Post
For you youngsters,
It's strange to think about, but even if Rhialto doesn't take forever to bring the game up, when it does return the average player likely won't have been alive when the game went live. Josiah, for example, would've been two years old when the pda client came out, approaching three when I became a wizard, and around one when the game entered alpha testing. How we got to this point, I do not know. *shudders*
Old 01-18-2013, 03:37 PM

What year did the game go live, and all that?