Wyvern Forums

Review Wyvern Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Arcade
Go Back   Wyvern Forums > Archive > Wyvern Forums Archive > Wyvern Help
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chatbox Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Wyvern Help Ask, answer, and provide information regarding the game or forum.

Old 05-25-2009, 04:28 PM
Razen

Default This isn't "wacko"

A wizard, who shall remain nameless told me my skillset was wacko. I am asking you, the Wyvern public, how I can tweak this skillset to make it better.
I am a skill healer that uses mana shield potions and mana potions. I am 100% against full healing. Please only positive input.

Your current skills:
Air Magic: -10 (all from natural ability)
Berserking: 5 (all from natural ability)
Blacksmith: 1 (all from training)
Blunt Weapons: 36 (20 from training, 10 from natural ability, 6 from magical effects)
Conjuration: -10 (all from natural ability)
Death Magic: -10 (all from natural ability)
Dodging: 50 (all from magical effects)
Enchantment: -10 (all from natural ability)
Evocation: -10 (all from natural ability)
Find-weakness: 20 (all from training)
Fire Magic: -10 (all from natural ability)
Healing: 11 (all from training)
Hurled: 6 (all from natural ability)
Incantation: -10 (all from natural ability)
Life Magic: -10 (all from natural ability)
Lore: 0 ()
Meditation: 15 (19 from training, -4 from natural ability)
Merchant: 10 (all from training)
Mind Magic: -10 (all from natural ability)
Pick-locks: 1 (all from natural ability)
Ranged Weapons: 1 (all from natural ability)
Spirit Magic: -10 (all from natural ability)
Spirit Travel: -3 (all from magical effects)
Strength: 20 (all from training)
Unarmed: 5 (all from natural ability)
Water Magic: -10 (all from natural ability)
You have 7 skill points available to spend.
Old 05-25-2009, 04:36 PM
Wizardess

Teshuvah has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razen View Post
A wizard, who shall remain nameless told me my skillset was wacko. I am asking you, the Wyvern public, how I can tweak this skillset to make it better.
I am a skill healer that uses mana shield potions and mana potions. I am 100% against full healing. Please only positive input.

Your current skills:
Air Magic: -10 (all from natural ability)
Berserking: 5 (all from natural ability)
Blacksmith: 1 (all from training)
Blunt Weapons: 36 (20 from training, 10 from natural ability, 6 from magical effects)
Conjuration: -10 (all from natural ability)
Death Magic: -10 (all from natural ability)
Dodging: 50 (all from magical effects)
Enchantment: -10 (all from natural ability)
Evocation: -10 (all from natural ability)
Find-weakness: 20 (all from training)
Fire Magic: -10 (all from natural ability)
Healing: 11 (all from training)
Hurled: 6 (all from natural ability)
Incantation: -10 (all from natural ability)
Life Magic: -10 (all from natural ability)
Lore: 0 ()
Meditation: 15 (19 from training, -4 from natural ability)
Merchant: 10 (all from training)
Mind Magic: -10 (all from natural ability)
Pick-locks: 1 (all from natural ability)
Ranged Weapons: 1 (all from natural ability)
Spirit Magic: -10 (all from natural ability)
Spirit Travel: -3 (all from magical effects)
Strength: 20 (all from training)
Unarmed: 5 (all from natural ability)
Water Magic: -10 (all from natural ability)
You have 7 skill points available to spend.
Start with the word "halfling" then add caveman..
Thats what makes it wacko, as I said
What you train isnt gonna change that.
But I will let you know that you wont using mana pots to heal mana for mana shield much longer, they are getting a timer. So just keep that in mind as you adjust.
As I also said, that unsual/wacko skill sets make wyvern fun, but you are never going to be as powerful as the standard skill sets.
Be sure to give him caveman advice because this skill set is not caveman lol
Old 05-25-2009, 04:38 PM

Burba has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

see: http://www.wyvernrpg.com/forum/showp...29&postcount=3

I hope it isn't crazy. I haven't gotten around to playing much, though.
Old 05-25-2009, 04:40 PM

Hamel has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Looks okay to me. Spend those skill points. :>
Old 05-25-2009, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teshuvah View Post
Start with the word "halfling" then add caveman..
Why is it wacko for a halfling to be a caveman? They already live in hills. I don't think it's that big of a jump.

Or is it the "man" in caveman? Sure, halflings may be diminutive, but at least they don't look like cats. A cat caveman, on the other hand, I'd see as wacko.

Also, both halflings and cavemen get natural hurling. Why would halflings get hurling if they weren't meant to join the caveman guild to get even more hurling? It's like elves, archers, and forestry. You wouldn't call an elf archer wacko, would you?
Old 05-25-2009, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burba View Post
Also, both halflings and cavemen get natural hurling. Why would halflings get hurling if they weren't meant to join the caveman guild to get even more hurling? It's like elves, archers, and forestry. You wouldn't call an elf archer wacko, would you?
Both Axemen and Rogues also get hurled.
Old 05-25-2009, 07:02 PM
Wizardess

Quote:
Why is it wacko for a halfling to be a caveman? They already live in hills. I don't think it's that big of a jump.

Or is it the "man" in caveman? Sure, halflings may be diminutive, but at least they don't look like cats. A cat caveman, on the other hand, I'd see as wacko.

It is not a standard skill set, halflings do not have the hp nor the strength to carry it off well to do enough damage to be powerful.
Can they play? sure! Can they be top power tanks? No.
Thats what I said, there is no use complaining you cant kill someone or something when you have picked an unsual skill set that is limited in power.
Hurling is not for cavemen. btw.
Old 05-25-2009, 08:14 PM

Crier has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via AIM to Crier

If you want tons of more skill points you can untrain 7 strength, wear a girdle+use pots for the full 20, and then add 14 more into your healing so you have 25 >.>
"Big Brother in the form of an increasingly powerful government and in an increasingly powerful private sector will pile the records high with reasons why privacy should give way to national security, to law and order [...] and the like." - Justice William O. Douglas

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security would deserve neither and lose both." -Benjamin Franklin

Last edited by Crier : 05-25-2009 at 08:14 PM. Reason: typos -.-
Old 05-25-2009, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crier View Post
If you want tons of more skill points you can untrain 7 strength, wear a girdle+use pots for the full 20, and then add 14 more into your healing so you have 25 >.>
Halflings really need the extra HP from a constitution girdle. So the strength girdle probably isn't a very good idea for this build.
Old 05-25-2009, 09:27 PM

Crier has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via AIM to Crier

Didn't he say he was a cavie?

Or is he not a cavie? >.>
"Big Brother in the form of an increasingly powerful government and in an increasingly powerful private sector will pile the records high with reasons why privacy should give way to national security, to law and order [...] and the like." - Justice William O. Douglas

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security would deserve neither and lose both." -Benjamin Franklin
Old 05-25-2009, 09:34 PM
Razen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crier View Post
Didn't he say he was a cavie?

Or is he not a cavie? >.>
I am a caveman.

You are Varan the Conqueror
HP: 298/298 SP: 252/252
Varan isn't talking to you. Don't send him tells.
varan is carrying:
platinum club (kept) (wielded)
tiny lightweight travelers cloak of agility +10 (kept) (worn)
Amulet of the Eagle (kept) (worn)
tiny skull shield of agility +10 durability +1 (kept) (worn)
+2 tiny Black Dragon Scale Mail (kept) (worn)
Girdle of Constitution (kept) (worn)
+2 tiny Platinum Boots (kept) (worn)
+2 tiny Platinum Gloves (kept) (worn)
tiny Platinum Bracers (kept) (worn)
Ring of the Perfect Clubman (kept) (worn)
Old 05-25-2009, 09:49 PM

Addressing the super serious theory fighter aspects of the halfling caveman, I agree that a halfling caveman will very likely fall short of a giant. I'll also point out that the only way to prove anything is in the game. However, there is some evidence that a halfling caveman could be a pretty nice build. First, if a halfling caveman is bad, then there isn't a race for the paladin, axeman, and rogue guilds that is any good besides giants. There's no contest between halflings and humans, dwarves are about as bad as humans but with less skill points, and elves and pixies are considerably more fragile. That may not prove that a halfling caveman would be a great choice, but it does prove that there are much worse choices. Second, look at Xerxes' Shatter. He's a dwarf caveman. Granted, Xerxes is an experienced player who could do well with a lot of builds. On the other hand, Shatter is a dwarf. A halfling caveman would be much more durable and would have better offense at a lower level. The only problem with a halfling caveman is that it would plateau early, though I consider that a bit of an advantage. Lastly, I like that halflings take up only one tile and have innate invisibility. Neither is significant in a straight fight, but you don't have to search very hard to find a situation where both come in handy.

Addressing the proposed error to my flawless deduction that halflings are destined to be cavemen, hurling is too for cavemen!!1
Old 05-25-2009, 11:03 PM
Wizardess

Quote:
Addressing the super serious theory fighter aspects of the halfling caveman, I agree that a halfling caveman will very likely fall short of a giant. I'll also point out that the only way to prove anything is in the game. However, there is some evidence that a halfling caveman could be a pretty nice build. First, if a halfling caveman is bad, then there isn't a race for the paladin, axeman, and rogue guilds that is any good besides giants. There's no contest between halflings and humans, dwarves are about as bad as humans but with less skill points, and elves and pixies are considerably more fragile. That may not prove that a halfling caveman would be a great choice, but it does prove that there are much worse choices. Second, look at Xerxes' Shatter. He's a dwarf caveman. Granted, Xerxes is an experienced player who could do well with a lot of builds. On the other hand, Shatter is a dwarf. A halfling caveman would be much more durable and would have better offense at a lower level. The only problem with a halfling caveman is that it would plateau early, though I consider that a bit of an advantage. Lastly, I like that halflings take up only one tile and have innate invisibility. Neither is significant in a straight fight, but you don't have to search very hard to find a situation where both come in handy.

Addressing the proposed error to my flawless deduction that halflings are destined to be cavemen, hurling is too for cavemen!!1
Alot of things look really good on paper. And maybe really fun to play, but don't do really well in the long run lol
Old 05-26-2009, 05:11 PM

toxic has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razen View Post
I am a caveman.

You are Varan the Conqueror
HP: 298/298 SP: 252/252
Varan isn't talking to you. Don't send him tells.
varan is carrying:
platinum club (kept) (wielded)
tiny lightweight travelers cloak of agility +10 (kept) (worn)
Amulet of the Eagle (kept) (worn)
tiny skull shield of agility +10 durability +1 (kept) (worn)
+2 tiny Black Dragon Scale Mail (kept) (worn)
Girdle of Constitution (kept) (worn)
+2 tiny Platinum Boots (kept) (worn)
+2 tiny Platinum Gloves (kept) (worn)
tiny Platinum Bracers (kept) (worn)

This is the first time I've seen a halfling with more hp than sp. ._.