Wyvern Forums

Review Wyvern Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Arcade
Go Back   Wyvern Forums > Archive > Wyvern Forums Archive > Wyvern Help
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chatbox Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Wyvern Help Ask, answer, and provide information regarding the game or forum.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-20-2009, 02:59 PM

snakesses has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Default Naga mage/unguilded/monk?

After dying twice within 5 minutes yesterday (both to DB from a wyvern, once while fighting a fire shog), I decided that it was probably time for a change. I am currently a naga monk and it works out for the most part. I have 5 caps (1 agility +10 turban, 2 agility +10 jaunties, 1 agility +9 jaunty, and 1 agility +8 jaunty) and all the amulets I need. I use scrolls for my resists, but I still die more than the usual level 26 person. Having had 5 giant imp crowns for a very long time, i've decided that the best route for me would probably be a mage. I will untrain all 14 incantation I have and 2 meditation (currently 15 trained, 16 total) and train 16 in fire (15 after negative). Then I will add 5 more fire over time as I gain levels in the guild by reducing my meditation. My plan is to use 3 imp crowns and 2 wizard's caps for a total of 7 in all arts, and +3 in life/death/mind/spirit, +100 mana, and +2 meditation. All I'm worried about is the -5 in unarmed and -5 in melee (apparently it makes you lose a percentage of damage dealt). I could make a variation of this by being unguilded, though I wouldn't have any meditation bonus/guild mana bonus (can't use wizard's caps).

Sorry about the long post. Input/ideas are appreciated. I will still be using melee for the most part with fire magic to take care of reapers and such.