Wyvern Forums

Review Wyvern Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Arcade
Go Back   Wyvern Forums > Archive > Wyvern Forums Archive > Wyvern Help
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chatbox Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Wyvern Help Ask, answer, and provide information regarding the game or forum.

Old 05-14-2007, 01:27 PM

dorion has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

I am so confused, do I have a complete misunderstanding of the combat system, or is there humor in that post? Because I have tried both high and low amounts of whips... and well high whip cleary was the better choice, but my inherent skittish nature kept me using low whips. Now if you are switching between high whips/low death and low whips/high death, that I have not tried and I have no idea about how it would pan out.
Old 05-14-2007, 06:21 PM

Bullfrogz has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via AIM to Bullfrogz Send a message via MSN to Bullfrogz

Yea Dorion, ranger is the way to go. All my characters can't take narhalles, and that was back when he was level 12. I'd say about 250-275 damage hits back then.
Old 05-15-2007, 09:06 AM
Wizardess

Teshuvah has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Back on topic please before this entire topic just gets closed for needing way too many posts deleted for being off topic. If you want to talk about nonsense use the chatbox. Thanks

T
Old 05-15-2007, 07:41 PM

Xae has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narhalles View Post
well, then either tegra was lying his frry face off, or air is different. (I concluded that air is different.)
Sorry if this post is way off, but I thought I should comment. It seems like air really is different. There most be a reason you can only wield electrinum at Lv25, yet amber and glacier swords can be wielded at any Lv. Theyre alot stronger from what I understand. I might sound a bit ignorant, but its my thoughts.
Old 05-30-2007, 03:12 PM

Oriso has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

So, Xae, are you saying the fire and water swords are the same damage as electrinum, just with a different element? (I dont know this, so answer =))
If so, that is very interesting...
Old 06-01-2007, 11:21 AM

crinox has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via AIM to crinox Send a message via MSN to crinox

Quote:
Originally Posted by narhalles
And with the lower weapon skill, like 3-5, and my high death/air magic, like 15-18, I can do 300 damage to players, and they can't do anything with their resist. Hmm, maybe if I lower my weapon skill even more, I can do more damage, because I will be hitting slower, so they will be stronger attacks."
End Quote (my own quote system, edited for punctuation, and grammar, and spelling)
eh ..... i thnk the quote speaks for itself ...

since when does less skill = more damage? ..in fact .. i dont think u can even hit other decent characters with that little skill ....
Old 07-02-2007, 05:59 PM

Frosten has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by narhalles View Post
And with the lower weapon skill, like 3-5, and my high death/air magic, like 15-18, I can do 300 damage to players, and they can't do anything with their resist. Hmm, maybe if I lower my weapon skill even more, I can do more damage, because I will be hitting slower, so they will be stronger attacks."
ummm......WHAT? i had asked dorion about this subject when i played my first few magic whipusers a long time ago, he said about 10 whips, and as much death as possible..i tried that for a bit, then added more and more whips, w/ just a wee bit of strength, and i could see the difference, even if it wasn't that big....last time i remember is that the more in a wep skill you have the HARDER AND FASTER you will hit when you have the weapon as the controlled variable.
However, I haven't experimented TOO much in this area..but i've had my fair share of untraining and trying new things..
I say, put the skills up in whip at earlier levels til 10, then wait til you have grown some more levels (say 20) to put it to 15...this way you have more free room skillwise.

Glacio (Frost Giant Axeman) (level 30)
Then (Human Mage) (level 28)
Shoot (Rakshasa Caveman) (level 26)
Magiz (Halfling Enchanter) (level 26)
Patron (Human Conjurer) (level 25)
Dboss (Halfling Rogue) (level 25)
Old 07-11-2007, 12:20 AM

happyrabitz has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via AIM to happyrabitz
Default wow

you guys make me laugh, i get on for the first time in ages and the first thing i decided to look at is this hahahahahaha.

well...... with my experimenting i have seen every time, no matter what weapon skill the higher the skill in it the more damage it does. the strength you add in it to helps in the damage, its find weakness you want to not train because the more find weakness the more concentrated the damge will be. for example my frost giant at lv 25 with 45 axes 20 strength and no find weakness was hitting from 35-400 some damage, but when i trained my 20 find weakness it went down to about 180-250 average. so you see if you want a lot of damage train higher strength and wep. skill and not find weakness, but your hits will be erratic.
Old 07-11-2007, 12:19 PM

So if you train a lot of find weakness, it is more reliable. But if you train very little, it is gambling with damage?
Old 07-11-2007, 01:02 PM

Ploog has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via MSN to Ploog

Well, I am not going to go into details, but I will suggest what race/guild combos that people should train FW and about how much to maximize damage.

Pixie: Rogue, Paladin: try to max out FW (20) Ranger, Mage, Caveman: 0 FW [Caveman, I'd say 0 because you will be losing a ton of skills for mana shield cause mana shield potions stink and you will be 1-hit without mana shield, and the rangers/mages won't need it because the elements make up for it for a pixie.] Archer: train as much as your skills allow you too.

Giant: Rogue, Paladin, Axemen: try to max out. Rangers, Archers: Train as much as you can. Caveman: 3-11(especially if stone giant)

Human/Halfling: Any guild where you have a melee weapon, either get to 20, or close to it.

Elves: See pixies.

Raks: seeing how a Rak with a weapon is a bug, and will be fixed eventually, I will say the 2 guilds that they should be in. Caveman/Monks: Try to get as much as possible.

Nagas: Caveman/Monks: Try to get as much as possible.
Old 07-12-2007, 11:10 AM

So a halfling ranger should try to max FW? That's gonna make it a bit harder....