Wyvern Forums

Review Wyvern Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Arcade
Go Back   Wyvern Forums > Archive > Wyvern Forums Archive > Wyvern Help
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chatbox Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Wyvern Help Ask, answer, and provide information regarding the game or forum.

Old 05-20-2008, 11:32 PM

Tensu of the moon has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Post Questions.

these are several questions I would like awnsered, please.

1. How do you fish?

I come across fishing holes from time to time, and since they charge me I assume they're functional. I've tried typing "fish" in the water, at the waters edge, and from a rowboat. I assume I might need a rod or something, but can't find where to get one.

2. what city is the toy shop that sells cards in?

3. dose satitey do anything? you know, the spell whose description is "this incantation of earth and life is an incantation of earth and life"

4. why do you keep attacking a monster after you've charmed it?

5. is there any way to keep yourself from attacking adjecent hostile monsters? (so you can charm them. I'm going to try paralyzing them, see if that works)

6. dose it cost anything to use the untrainer? if so, what? a lot of gold?

7. is there a way to keep the game from rubbing how many times you've died in your face every time you log in?

8. Is there a "stop moving" button for when you hold down the arrow keys too long because of encumbrance or lag? if not, is there any plans to implement one?

thanks in advance to all who reply!

pardon my atrocious spelling and grammar

this is a cool forum if you play magic:
http://realmtg.freeforums.org/index.php
and tell them Tensu sent you!
Old 05-20-2008, 11:47 PM

randorxeous has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tensu of the moon View Post

7. is there a way to keep the game from rubbing how many times you've died in your face every time you log in?

8. Is there a "stop moving" button for when you hold down the arrow keys too long because of encumbrance or lag? if not, is there any plans to implement one?
I can answer these... not the rest, though. Untrainer costs 5K per skill point that you want untrained. There is nothing to stop the amount of times you've died, thats just something that you get over with time. There is not a stop moving button, and I dont think there ever will be. The way the game works, is whatever things you tell the game you want to do stack up so that one happens after the other. There would be no easy way to make it to where a later input would be able to stop an earlier input.
Old 05-21-2008, 12:02 AM

Warcow has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Default Answers

Here are some answers, to the best of my knowledge..

Quote:
these are several questions I would like awnsered, please.

1. How do you fish?

I come across fishing holes from time to time, and since they charge me I assume they're functional. I've tried typing "fish" in the water, at the waters edge, and from a rowboat. I assume I might need a rod or something, but can't find where to get one.
Yes, you need to be wielding a fishing rod while typing "fish" by the water.

Quote:
2. what city is the toy shop that sells cards in?
The website is a little out-dated, and "trading cards" aren't found in the game...but there are other 'toys' out there that the website didn't mention, such as Tesh's collectible dolls found in the doll shops, arilou's trinkets found throughout his areas, and zifa's neat stuff found in the zifo-mart in coran

Quote:
3. dose satitey do anything? you know, the spell whose description is "this incantation of earth and life is an incantation of earth and life"
the satiety spell completely refills the caster's food bar...not very useful.

Quote:
4. why do you keep attacking a monster after you've charmed it?
I'm not quite sure, but chances are, you haven't charmed the monster... to use the charm monster spell, type "cast charm monster on (monster name)" You would need a few skills trained in mind magic and there should be a message saying the monster has been charmed.

Quote:
5. is there any way to keep yourself from attacking adjecent hostile monsters? (so you can charm them. I'm going to try paralyzing them, see if that works)
eh...yeah, try paralyzing them...but an alias can probably save you some time so you won't have to stand next to the monster a lot.

Quote:
Yes, 5k per skill, so choose your skills carefully when you train them in the first place.

Quote:
Nope

Quote:

thanks in advance to all who reply!
Not that I know of, but I do know of this problem you speak of.. here's a tip, don't hold, tap.

Hope that was helpful

Last edited by Warcow : 05-21-2008 at 12:05 AM.
Old 05-21-2008, 12:21 AM

I figured statiey did something like that. not much use to us nagas, though, when devouring the flesh of those foolish enough to opposes us is easier, tastier, and a lot more fun

so, I've looked for fishing rods in general stores and such, but haven't found any. I also didn't see any for sale at the fishing holes. I guess I'll just keep looking.

no, it said:
You have charmed werewolf. it's tongue lolls out of it's mouth, you may now command it, blah blah blah, but I just kept attacking it, what's more it had stopped attacking me. later on as I was trudging through the next floor down laden with guilt about betraying my ally and killing one of my personal fav mythical creatures, it said my spell wore off, so it definatly worked.

I haven't gotten charm to work except while standing right next to my target. what's it's range?

why was the trading card game taken out?

when I'm encubered or there's heavy lag, or I'm on the world map, I usually try and use my mouse, but sometimes I forget. I'm glad I'm a naga, or I'd have drowned countless times by now.

Old 05-21-2008, 12:29 AM
Wizardess

Teshuvah has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
so, I've looked for fishing rods in general stores and such, but haven't found any. I also didn't see any for sale at the fishing holes. I guess I'll just keep looking.

You are trying to fish at EWs, you dont really fish there, you just kill fish
There are real fishing areas , and in them are fishing shacks .
There is one in Southern NV to the west near the mines.
In the shack you can purchase the rod and license and the instructions on how to fish are on a sign there.

T
Old 05-21-2008, 12:32 AM

that EW is a decitful, decitful conman.

you should ban him.

I mean, NPCs have to follow the rules too, right?

Old 05-21-2008, 04:26 AM

by the way...

what dose Arkwor do?

why dose my mana bar sometimes turn black? is that a glitch or dose it mean something?

Old 05-21-2008, 04:50 PM

Hamel has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
by the way...

what dose Arkwor do?

why dose my mana bar sometimes turn black? is that a glitch or dose it mean something?
You can put items in an Arkwor to get rid of them forever. Kinda like a trash can.

Mana bar turning black? I've never heard of it, sounds like a glitch to me.

The charm monster spell has a range of zero squares. You have to standing right next to the to-be charmed monster to charm it.

And about the you still attacking your charmed monster, it seems to be a bug and you will keep attacking it until, one: it dies, two: it moves, three: you move.

I've had to wait a while after moving before my character realizes that the charmed is not trying to kill me anymore. At least, this has been my experience with charming.
Old 05-21-2008, 06:36 PM

and once, my HP bar turned white.

Old 05-21-2008, 10:15 PM

randorxeous has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
by the way...
what dose Arkwor do?
Arkwor is a recycling bin that gives you 1 XP for every non-stackable item that you put into it. EX. You put 1 orc shield in arkwor, you get 1 XP.
Old 05-22-2008, 06:24 AM
Forum Admin

Binyamin has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
that EW is a decitful, decitful conman.

you should ban him.

I mean, NPCs have to follow the rules too, right?
<<Chuckles evilly>> Welcome to the wonderful world of my maps and the insanity therein.
Old 05-22-2008, 11:17 PM

still more questions, because knowlage is power!

if you kill an xp-draining monster, do you get your drained xp back? if not, whats the point in even risking fighting them?

is there a max level in wyvern? if so, what is it? I thought is was 30, but I saw players on 32 on the high score list, and binyamin made an npc of himself on 42.

sometimes, I will be unable to see the items in my inventory or the items on the ground. walking around or picking something up can disipate it, bt it's annoying. any plans to fix this bug?

edit if I get completly surrounded by monsters and log out, can I avoid dying? can I get in trouble for doing this?

Old 05-24-2008, 03:53 PM

Crier has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via AIM to Crier

No, you don't get back the xp drained from the monsters that drain it, you will lose all xp drained when you die or level, unless you read a scroll of restoration, and draining xp monsters are pretty good xp for little danger.

There is no max level, but many people want to kill themselves at level 29-30+

That bug has been around for quiet sometime and I think that it won't be fixed until axemen get their own armor (around 2100).

In some of the sme of the areas you will be able to log out but some areas you can't, as of now there is no penalty, and depending on what you are fighting you might be able to log out.
"Big Brother in the form of an increasingly powerful government and in an increasingly powerful private sector will pile the records high with reasons why privacy should give way to national security, to law and order [...] and the like." - Justice William O. Douglas

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security would deserve neither and lose both." -Benjamin Franklin
Old 05-25-2008, 11:50 AM

It's a trick I've pulled several times, and it's apperently worked all but once, when I died before I finished typing "quit". it's not something I'm proud of, but I don't wont to lose two hours of grindng to a suprise ambush.

although if I actually bought some armor, I might have less to worry about, but I'm pretty proud of myself for reaching level 15 without armor. although being a naga helps. unfortunatly, monsters never drop anything, and I spend all my money on trainng and rare spellbooks I can't find.

although, if portable hole dose what I think it dose (teleport you back to you starting place) I can avoid having to log out. but as mentoned, I spend all my money on training.

Old 05-25-2008, 01:41 PM

Ovrlndnsea has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

I've got "alias escape_key save;quit". It lets me quit at any time by merely hitting the escape key. Useful for escaping from monsters about to kill you.

A portable hole brings you to an empty, black map in which you can't move, cast spells, drop stuff, etc. You DO regen hp and sp. You can exit a portihole by typing "exit". Such will bring you to the square you portiholed from. While a given portihole cannot be used more often than once per forty-five seconds, you can use multiple portiholes (and an alias to adjust them or an alias that takes them from a bag and puts them back in) to use portiholes more often. Although you can be in a portihole in a bag of great holding with no problem, the portihole cannot be in that bag while you get in.