Wyvern Forums

Review Wyvern Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Arcade
Go Back   Wyvern Forums > Archive > Wyvern Forums Archive > Wyvern Help
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chatbox Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Wyvern Help Ask, answer, and provide information regarding the game or forum.

Old 04-26-2008, 09:16 AM

Penny has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via MSN to Penny
Default Strength Spell

Ok, I'm trying to find something to untrain so I can have more skill points for other things (like find weakness, spirit magic, and life magic).
I currently have five skill points trained in strength, but I recently learned the strength spell (although I have no Earth magic trained). So I was thinking that maybe it would be better to untrain strength and train more Earth (I also recently learned that 40% petri resist was not enough against ADs and OLs, so training Earth would have more than one purpose).
So anyway, with the strength spell, how much strength does each earth magic skill give? Is it more or less productive than the actual strength skill?
Old 04-26-2008, 12:13 PM

Jessikha has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Well, I'll have to test it for you unless someone knows, but here's what I do know:

- 0 earth strength spell gives 3 strength
- 40% base petri resist + 4% per earth skill trained

At the very least, you can untrain 3 strength and just cast strength to maintain 5 strength. You could also untrain 5 strength and train it into earth, which would make you petrify immune (60%) and probably make your strength spell give 4-6 strength. I'm not sure how much earth is needed to boost strength.
Old 04-26-2008, 12:17 PM

Crier has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via AIM to Crier

If need be you could always just use a girdle of strength and some pots, thats an added 7 strength right there without wasting any skill points.
"Big Brother in the form of an increasingly powerful government and in an increasingly powerful private sector will pile the records high with reasons why privacy should give way to national security, to law and order [...] and the like." - Justice William O. Douglas

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security would deserve neither and lose both." -Benjamin Franklin
Old 04-26-2008, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crier View Post
If need be you could always just use a girdle of strength and some pots, thats an added 7 strength right there without wasting any skill points.
Well right now my strength is ten. I use a girdle and my spell, plus that five strength I have trained. I still have trouble carrying things sometimes too.
Old 04-27-2008, 12:40 AM

Ovrlndnsea has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

I have a complicated alias setup that uses two earth rings, an amulet of coran, and a shield of power to cast a 5str spell with 0 earth. The formula for str given by the spell is rounddown(3+earth/2).
The other half of that alias casts mana shield with 7 spirit, letting me have only two trained.
Old 04-27-2008, 01:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovrlndnsea View Post
I have a complicated alias setup that uses two earth rings, an amulet of coran, and a shield of power to cast a 5str spell with 0 earth. The formula for str given by the spell is rounddown(3+earth/2).
The other half of that alias casts mana shield with 7 spirit, letting me have only two trained.
That sounds like a good idea. Thanks for the response.
I realize that this is probably a really stupid question, but are amulets of coran rare and expensive? :/
Old 04-27-2008, 02:16 AM

Warcow has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovrlndnsea View Post

I heard mana shield scales only with how many spirit you *currently* have, is that true?

penny, the amulet of coran is 50k in zifa's shop ...which is... surprise surprise, in Coran