Wyvern Forums

Review Wyvern Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Arcade
Go Back   Wyvern Forums > Archive > Wyvern Forums Archive > Wyvern Help
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chatbox Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Wyvern Help Ask, answer, and provide information regarding the game or forum.

Old 04-25-2007, 01:12 AM

Warcow has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Question Diamond and Electrum, what's the big diff? Really.

Well, I've heard claims and rumors, but as far as I can tell, a electrum sword is just a (massive) diamond sword laced with static blade.

So...since electrum is better, how come everyone uses diamonds? What should I use?
That's swords, what about clubs, axes, and daggers?
Old 04-25-2007, 04:55 AM
Player Mod

binsenkind has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

aloha...

good elec weapons do physical and magic damage :-)
Old 04-25-2007, 08:12 AM

peacemaster has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via MSN to peacemaster

basically depends on what you are fighting... for monsters with melee, resists, (xipes) elec is great... for others, diamond is way better....
Old 04-25-2007, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacemaster View Post
for others, diamond is way better....
how so? basically more physical damage?
I barely notice the difference...

then again, i barely notice the difference between Sword of Noir and Massive Diamond Sword

How about vs. monsters with no shock nor physical resistances?
Old 04-25-2007, 11:23 PM

Bullfrogz has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via AIM to Bullfrogz Send a message via MSN to Bullfrogz

Massive diamond would do more damage to a monster with no physical or shock resist.
The electrium depends on the smith, some of my electrium swords will only do shock, and some will do physical and shock, like binsenkind said. But I really only find use for electrium when fighting in RD's (xipes, reapers, run from armored titans), and some pk situations.
Old 04-26-2007, 04:36 AM

yea... just what froggy said... you basically chose either from elemental or melee damage... Even if elec can do melee damage, diamond will still outdamage elec... Its easiest to test it out and you will see which one suits you more for what situation. ps. I think I still have couple fresh elecs for sale
Old 04-27-2007, 11:12 AM

Ploog has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via MSN to Ploog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warcow View Post
Well, I've heard claims and rumors, but as far as I can tell, a electrum sword is just a (massive) diamond sword laced with static blade.

So...since electrum is better, how come everyone uses diamonds? What should I use?
That's swords, what about clubs, axes, and daggers?
So I did not read what everyone else said, and it depends on what you are doing.

I did see what Binsenkind posted, sry, and I totally disagree. If you want a weapon that does both, then you will have a weak weapon. What I mean by both, is full cut to shock resist monsters, or elec damage to non shock resist monters. The shock damage that you will do will be weak compared to a 'good' electrinum weapon. Electrinum is for electricity, and diamond is for cut.

What peasemaster means, is that a caveman with clubs really has no use for electrinum weapons. Diamond clubs will kill anything pretty fast as most monsters in a rd has little to no smash resist, excluding the infamous air elementals.

What I do: I prefer weapons that only do elemental damage, as I skip all monsters that are resistant to elemental magic in a rd. If I manage to get myself stuck in a rd with a elemental resistant monster, then my extra strength will kill the monsters, otherwise I will teleport.(I teleport for non giants) Diamond weapons are good for all monsters but xipes in a rd, and those are a huge nusiance. Having all elemental damage weapons, or smash damage(clubs) is awesome in a rd. Reapers/xipes/medusas/shogs/monopods can all be killed easily/faster with elemental weapons.

Besides, an electrinum sword is not massive. It is 1 handed. All smithed axes are 2 handed, and clubs can go either way. No matter if a giant makes the electrinum sword or not, it will still be 1 handed(non massive).
Old 04-27-2007, 04:11 PM

^ Yeah, I have similar preferences.

Anyone know if the life / vampire blade spell damage the weapon like elemental blades?
btw, has anyone experimented with the repair spell?
Old 04-27-2007, 04:24 PM

life/vampire does not damage your weapon initially. Repair spell is really bad, and you mine as well just throw your weapon away.- I am sure Kathy could agree with me even on this.
Old 04-28-2007, 01:48 PM
Player Mod

binsenkind has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

elecs do not lose their physical damage after repairing ^^
i wonder all the time how much disinformation is around in case of forging, especially electrinum :-)
and all i know know is from the experience of all the elec weapons i made and i doubt anybody has made more than me )
Old 04-28-2007, 02:32 PM

no1 is saying they know more about smithing than you do >.> How about enlightening us tho
Old 04-30-2007, 02:23 AM

no, binsenkind is right, they do not lose elec damage with repairing, but with a slight bug that that can be used...i suppose it is a bug i mean, though it could just work out that way...i only assume it a bug because of the method to do it in x.x...which is more random chance then anything else...so...final thoughts: it isnt a bug, but can be done and it involves nothing more then an axe and the quit key at a certain time x.x
Old 05-15-2007, 07:46 PM

Xae has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Elec is good for training and PK. Plus alot of people dont really have shock resist so that works out nicely..good ing..Massive diamond swords are just OK in training, and pretty decent in PK. There isnt a huge difference between a hofud and a massive diamond in PK. In training on the other hand, many people dont know- hofud is probably my favorite arti to RD with. I used to kill that god(omg i forgot his name..wyvern come back!) for hofud every single day and RDed with it. Only thing its 100 LBs ><
Old 07-22-2007, 03:36 PM

Machuno Besar has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Elec or diamond? I'd go for diamond with fire and air enchantements on them, works on anything.
Old 03-11-2008, 12:16 AM

Forgiveness please, for resurrecting an old thread, but I just been able to see for myself some of these claims. Recently, my friend has been experimenting with electrinum smithing, and I've been tasked with testing the swords.

Quote:
Originally Posted by binsenkind View Post
elecs do not lose their physical damage after repairing ^^
i wonder all the time how much disinformation is around in case of forging, especially electrinum :-)
and all i know know is from the experience of all the elec weapons i made and i doubt anybody has made more than me )

A number of the swords made did heavy cut and shock damage, and they were my favorite swords for a time, until I discovered that they do less shock damage than the ones that did little physical damage.

And I can confirm that ALL weapons lose damage after a number of repairs,most of my 'favorite' swords lost their physical damage after 3 or 4 repairs, some lasting longer..