Wyvern Forums

Review Wyvern Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Arcade
Go Back   Wyvern Forums > Archive > Wyvern Forums Archive > Suggestions
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chatbox Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Suggestions Post any suggestions for new Wyvern content here that is too complicated to explain in the idea log or that you want to first get feedback on from other players.

Old 10-12-2008, 01:47 PM

Location: Somewhere where internet connection will not support wyvern
Mustard has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Default Monks Guild

I was thinking that monks in history meditated, So I think that it would be in order to give the Monks guild some meditation?
so something like

10 Unarmed
5 Meditation
5 Healing
10 Mind
(remove 10 dodge)

Everything else is the same...
Old 10-12-2008, 04:39 PM

Clipce has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

heh I tried suggesting this before using idea command in-game because it does make sense (and would help with skillpoints on my naga ) losing the dodge is a big hit to me though, i think I just suggested trade 5 med for either 5 healing or 5 mind or both.
Old 10-12-2008, 09:20 PM

Either that or how about giving the Monks guild special armor geared towards nagas

Like say
Monk's Hood+5 Meditation (around 300k)
Black Belt(this is a girdle item) +10 Dodge, 10% resistance (element depends on color) (same price as plat)
For Rakshasas
Monk's Robes+10 Dodge, 10% Death Protect, 25% confusion resistance (So i ripped off the platinum idea...) (same price as plat)
Holy Bracelet +5 life, 5% Death Protect, (same price as plat)

All Cloth (should probably be tweaked a little, I as a player am biased towards giving more...)

Last edited by Mustard : 10-12-2008 at 09:23 PM.
Old 10-14-2008, 12:30 AM

blazerv has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustard View Post
All Cloth (should probably be tweaked a little, I as a player am biased towards giving more...)
Yeah, this all cloth thing makes monks a bit too weak. Especially now since platinum items are out there.
Old 10-14-2008, 10:47 PM

Well if that doesn't work out...there's always mages or caveman's guild *shrudders*

This isn't monk oriented as much as naga, but I was thinking they should have resist amulets... Amulet of Fire resist (30% Fire Resist) or same amount as death pro ammy.
Old 01-16-2009, 10:47 PM

wunt has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

monks are difficult for raks mainly because of our low hp, and the lack of resistances. since we cant wear dragon scale mails in monks, maybe new cloth items would be a good upgrade. the ji's are.....well.....not so good. i like the monks, but i had to switch guilds recently for the main reason that i needed more hp. if monks had an hp bonus like the other guilds, i most likely would have stayed.
Old 01-17-2009, 03:14 PM

Logwad has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via AIM to Logwad Send a message via MSN to Logwad

Furthering the problem, you cannot enchant any monk only armor. Or weapons >_>

Last edited by Logwad : 01-17-2009 at 03:27 PM.
Old 01-17-2009, 03:24 PM

Dragif has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Thumbs down

Monks is underpowered so as to not make a hydra over powered. Think about a hydra with an HP bonus >_> Or think about a hydra being able to be fully resistant to all >_> Honestly Monks is fine the way it is.

And i will look down and whisper, No......

Jan 31st 2009 at 5:20 pm in minith auction house

You create a massive electrinum club!
Incredible! You balanced this weapon so well that it is almost indestructible by non-magical means!
You used up a slab.
Old 01-17-2009, 03:54 PM

Joca has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Rather than giving them a meditation bonus, they should get a command called meditate which increases their MP gain per.

for example, you're a monk in an RD and you run low on MP so you seek refuge, type 'meditate', and from the point you type the command to the point you move, you'll gain MP at a much faster rate. Possibly the higher your guild level the faster you gain the MP, whether the delay between the gain is cut down or you simply get more MP per tick.
Old 01-17-2009, 05:19 PM

Dragif has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Cool

But there needs to be some down side to that, like when berserking i cant see my HP, perhaps make it so as they meditate the screen gets dark so that the enter a "trance". And i mean dark and there light doesnt affect the darkness till the charector moves.

And i will look down and whisper, No......

Jan 31st 2009 at 5:20 pm in minith auction house

You create a massive electrinum club!
Incredible! You balanced this weapon so well that it is almost indestructible by non-magical means!
You used up a slab.
Old 01-17-2009, 08:09 PM

happyrabitz has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via AIM to happyrabitz

Really i find monks guild to be powerful, its just that people don't know how to make skill sets. If you make a mana shield rak, you will be powerful, you just have to use scrolls and potions. as for resists ji's are fine, and if you think about anyother cloth useing skillset of guild they have not that good of resists (except mages).

What they should do is make two sections of the guild, one for hydras and one for other races. the hydra side is fine,a nd the other race side could get an hp bonus or new skill alowances when they join.

Rabitz - human pally lv. 21 BANNED
golgren - fire giant cavie lv. 18 BANNED
erebus - lion axeman lv. 25 BANNED
subere - dwarf axeman lv. 18
tyranos - fire giant pally lv. 27
happyrabitz - halfling ranger lv 28 RETIRED
Ulin - human mage lv 25
habrab - human rogue lv 23
Old 01-19-2009, 01:08 AM

Godhand has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

+5 meditation bonus would power up nagas even more
removing dodge bonuses would kill monk raks, there is no cloth boots so monk raks already have -10 less dodge.
make something like Jis with + agility bonuses cause cloth items suck pretty bad.
What i don't get is why does monk(raks) have to give up all non cloth armor only to have lower dodge than every other guild??? shouldn't monks have higher dodge than other guilds?

Monks is one of the worst guilds in the game, monks should be renamed the naga's guild, because thats pretty much the only race that are playable in monks. Naga monks do very well, just wear a lot of greater protection amulets and you rarely die, even without any resists (unless you run over a mana trap besides a shog and reaper). Rak monks on the other hand, just join cavies cause monks suck. Cavies gets to wear all types of armor the monks can only wear cloth, caveman gets a 100% hp increase while monks get +10 mind and + 10 healing, cavies raks with clubs can easily outdamage monk raks with claws.

Cavie raks get the vital bonuses while monks raks get bonuses like, +10 mind and +10 healing which is very good for certain situations like, say your getting cornered by a group of goblins,bees, or elves the healing bonus will come in handy. The mind magic bonus is also very helpful cause you can charm powerful monsters like centaurs, elven wizards and ogres. If you don't want to charm them you can fear, paralyze, or confuse them, which is fun, but in the end it doesn't get you anywhere.
Old 01-19-2009, 11:01 AM

wunt has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

the monks guild IS powerful if you are a naga.

the ji's that only monks can wear, don't resist near as much as dsm's. in fact a ji of the xorn that is supposed to be like a black dsm doesn't give acid resist, only acid ac which is pointless to even wear.

a mana shield rak still doesnt have the hp that a cavie rak has without mana shield.

the only other monk-only armor are wrist wraps.......they dont do anything.

monks get +10 dodge, which make up for the lack of boots. but, acquiring a cloth hat either makes you broke buying them, or makes you crazy trying to find one in the stores.

oh yeah, +10 in mind sucks if you dont have lore to use the 10 mind.

i had 30 healing once. it was nice. until you couldn't run away to heal. then you die and you realize that you wasted 20 skill points. heal pots and spell heal are the only way to succeed at higher levels. the skill heal is good to save a few clovers or pots. also, it feels like a waste to come across a mono and have to use three heal pots just stay alive from the recoil. 206 hp at lvl 25 doesn't help a rak at all(remember, a ji of the xorn wont help against acid recoil and i always use two rings of acid resist against mono's and shoggs).

the monks guild IS powerful(for a naga).
Old 01-19-2009, 12:45 PM

I wouldn't say monks guild is powerful for a naga, They are very good, however the only bonus the naga gets is 10 unarmed skill. Nagas are just as well off unguilded or the mages guild, Plus for the 5 jaunties of agility you would have to buy, you could just get 5 Imp Crowns and probably have some money left to spair. There is no armor geared specifically towards monks but the Ji's and they are as mentioned earlier almost worthless. The Monks really need new things:

Helms-I don't care what this gives, as long as it's cheaper than Jaunties
Bracers-As long as they do something, Platinum Bracers are really nice, too bad we can't use them
Boots-there has to be some cloth shoes (maybe made out of hemp or something)

Monks don't even have weapons to buy, there should be SOMETHING in the store besides Ji's.

Another thing I have noticed is that you can buy monks armor in any shop, as opposed to the archers guild or the Rangers or the Rogues guild where you have to go to the guilds to buy their stuff. Their stuff is also extremely good for their guild. (this isn't really relevant to this topic, but i just thought it should be pointed out somehow)
Old 01-19-2009, 02:02 PM

Deaf has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Monk hydras are hard to play solo lol. Where do you get the resists? Easy to train though. They bite real fast. They should get an extra body slam or tail slap as part of their attack.
Old 01-19-2009, 02:19 PM

Naga monks get +10 unarmed and +10 dodge. Since nagas have 5x attack, +10 unarmed makes a huge difference. unguilded nagas and mage nagas are just as well off as monks cause monks sucks. Same with rak monks, unguild raks are about the same as monk raks (less offense but have better defense). The reason monks guild sucks is because it won't make naga hydras to powerful, but in doing that it makes all the other races weak, its basically a guild just for nagas.

While raks on the other hand, get only get +10 unarmed from the monks guild. The +10 dodge they get is canceled by the fact that they can't wear +10 agility boots. +10 healing is useless when u have low hp and bad resists. Hard hitting monsters and acid recoil will hurt you BAD. +10 mind is useless. An increase in offense, but it cripples your defense is NOT a good tradeoff.

The only race that should join monks is nagas. Raks should join cavemans because it will save them from a lot of pain and suffering. Rak monks are very difficult to play.
Old 01-19-2009, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deaf View Post
Monk hydras are hard to play solo lol. Where do you get the resists? Easy to train though. They bite real fast. They should get an extra body slam or tail slap as part of their attack.
Monk hydras are very easy to play solo. Anything with around 300 hp can solo easily, even less if you have good resists. The only thing that are hard to play solo are melee races with low hp and bad resists.
Old 01-19-2009, 03:37 PM

Deaf has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Eh, I got to level 26 in four days but that was when naga guards gave 2k each and with rods of major healing. I find exploring with that naga gave me a heart attack. It later became my suicidal AV MQ alt after I lost so much xp on it. In other words, nagas are slow and fat. Naga players are the best.
Old 01-23-2009, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godhand View Post
Monk hydras are very easy to play solo. Anything with around 300 hp can solo easily, even less if you have good resists. The only thing that are hard to play solo are melee races with low hp and bad resists.
Ha, Monk Hydras have good resists? Their HP may be okay but their resists are just as bad as the next guilded person, maybe worse cause they don't get any resist armor.

Anyway there should be some type of amulets for elemental resist or armor for monks...
Old 01-23-2009, 04:24 PM

Hamel has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godhand View Post
Rak monks on the other hand, just join cavies cause monks suck. Cavies gets to wear all types of armor the monks can only wear cloth, caveman gets a 100% hp increase while monks get +10 mind and + 10 healing, cavies raks with clubs can easily outdamage monk raks with claws.

Cavie raks get the vital bonuses while monks raks get bonuses like, +10 mind and +10 healing which is very good for certain situations like, say your getting cornered by a group of goblins,bees, or elves the healing bonus will come in handy. The mind magic bonus is also very helpful cause you can charm powerful monsters like centaurs, elven wizards and ogres. If you don't want to charm them you can fear, paralyze, or confuse them, which is fun, but in the end it doesn't get you anywhere.

I noticed that you forgot to mention some other differences between the two guilds.

Monks only lose -5 into the magical arts and elements unlike the cavemen who lose -10, and the monks guild doesn't lose any meditation unlike the caveman's guild which loses five. These are both beneficial to the magic using monks.

Also, the last time I checked raks using weapons as good as their claws is a bug. And I suspect it will be fixed one of these years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wunt View Post

the ji's that only monks can wear, don't resist near as much as dsm's. in fact a ji of the xorn that is supposed to be like a black dsm doesn't give acid resist, only acid ac which is pointless to even wear.

the only other monk-only armor are wrist wraps.......they dont do anything.
Pointless to wear now, but perhaps not in the future when armor is fixed. Most of these balance issues it seems are coming from bugs that R already knows of.

Also, it turns out that wrist wraps actually give protection, not armor. Though not a lot of protection admittedly, there is still some. So they do accomplish something.