View Single Post
Old 07-03-2009, 11:31 PM

Joca has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arilou View Post
That's really okay. We're not in a place right now where we're trying to rebuild the playerbase. We have a lot of work to do, some of which will be jarring, and when we're done, we will start concerning ourselves with the state of the playerbase. Which we will do both by getting Wyvern's name out there and by focusing our updates on things that will attract new and old players alike.

In the meantime, you'll probably see the playerbase shoot up and down on its own. A little bit after we first started our work, the numbers online shot up 40 players online at peek hours (before it was 20-30) and now the opposite is taking place. Such is life when making a lot of dramatic changes in a row. Sometimes you get bunches of updates that people really like, sometimes you get bunches of updates that people need to take time to adapt to. The last time Wyvern had arch wizards actively working on the game like this was in 2004, so there's no way to really get around that as there's a lot to be done.

Btw, it's only a half hour after your claim of there being 8 players online and when I went to check there were now 17.
Hah..I really respect the dedication you wizards have concerning this game. Seriously. Maybe all this game needs is better advertisement. I know about it because I saw it on arcadepod.com's best rated games a long time ago, and I hated runescape. Right now it seems that the only way people will find out about this game is word of mouth.