View Single Post
Old 10-15-2008, 01:18 PM

Ranuke has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by themadhobo View Post
In light of the issues accumulated in the past several posts, I think another significant problem is with exploring. Content does, in fact, not get explored very well because all too frequently it ends in a players untimely death.

I hate exploring when Im also working on gaining a level, because so frequently an overpowered monster surprises you and kills you in one hit. If I plan to explore, I dont want to risk 10% of my experience to some surprise attack. Therefore I stick to RDing, because I expect the unexpected.

I think a little bit of verbose would help that problem. What kind of hero wouldnt notice the presence of a demon lord as they enter an area? Some kind of "The hair on your arms stands up." or "The scent of death hangs in the air." to give warning that something really bad is lurking nearby would be really nice.
Actually, RDs have a little bit of this "before hand warning". If you wait long enough, you can hear moaning or others things like that.

Also, if you're so worried about turning a corner and running into a monster, might I suggest a helm of x-ray vision or other scouting spells like wizard eye or glimpse?

You can also avoid the 10% experience loss by investing in spirit travel, if it worries you so much, or actually come prepared to combat monsters more powerful than what you're used to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellandra
...I don't know who posted it, but a few people also spoke of wizard's being "not nice" and I'd have to agree with whoever it was that mentioned hubris. It's a very steep double standard we have here in Wyvern...A wizard can spend all their visible time being smart and being curt, but if a player whom has been treated this way responds in a similair manner, instant mute.
Not true, I often imitate these traits and with great amounts of sarcasm and I've never been muted, although the wizards have warned me not to go too much farther on certain subjects.