View Single Post
Old 03-24-2009, 02:07 PM

Salkand has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via AIM to Salkand

Quote:
Originally Posted by teshuvah
Whilest you annoy some people to tears . . .
That would be Arilou, no? ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by narhalles
. . . A lot of them complain both here and in hte game anbout it being to "hard" or "difficult" to "make money . . ."
I disagree with that (and I understand that you (Narhalles) have not yet expressed if that is or is not your view point on the subject, but simply a significant number of players opinions.)

Anyone who knew me will tell you that I spent 90% of my wyvern career broke. At any given time I would have 30k, and at most 100k on me, and that usually went towards reagents. But given a good reboot of RDing, I could muster up at least 500k, and I had 0 merchant and 0 strength. This means I could carry less and I received less for what I did manage to carry with me. If I managed to get a good DSM, or what I perceived as a good actionable item, I might then manage 600-700k for a reboots worth of RDing. Add the experience you will obtain while getting that, and you have a very easy time with money/experience.

Now you'll ask me, "then why didn't you?" Because I found RDing to be exceptionally boring, I couldn't stand 30 minutes in a random dungeon, let alone 6 hours. Usually by the time I got to level 50, it was reapers, xipes, and maybe a monopod. As long as I didn't lag going down the stairs next to a monopod, or hit a summon trap with no mana, I had nothing to fear.

Now, I would love to go off on how RDing can be improved (Which for anyone who thinks they can, does not belong in this thread), and a million ideas on this that and the purple tomatoes, but the truth is I have no idea how it can be improved. I am also confident that the wizards know what they want to see, that Rhialto when he returns knows what he wants to do, if anything. So I am content to say that if it does need fixing, someone more qualified than myself will figure it out, and if it doesn't, then all the better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by warcow
Nobody questions the wizards’ integrity or dedication, but somehow, somewhere along the line, you’ve let your powers and responsibilities separate you from the very people you’re trying to serve and protect.
I think that is also inaccurate, I feel that the only real separation between the players and the wizards is that the wizards have an actual understanding of the game (Not to say that a player can't) in terms or what is balanced, what needs fixing, etc. and a player generally only has a lose concept of these terms.

I.E. All mages will say that mages are unbalanced, need more guild benefits, etc. They don't. Most mages will say they are unbalanced in PK. They aren't.

If anything, the mages have almost no negatives, so why should they get bonuses? And I was one of the best PKers during my time, so was toe and Davidm, all mages. One might say, and I have used this in argument of mages benefits in the past; That you can not take 3 mages (None of whom still actively play) and use them to express the entire guild. I would like to make clear that I am simply using 3 mages as an example, you also have Dracco, Flubbi, Steovanni, etc. There are a lot of good PKing mages, I simply have not listed them all.

Well, that was just an example of how players are unable to fully understand balancing issues. Again, we could go off on a huge tangent about mages and benefits, but please remember that it would belong inside of its own thread, of which there are already many.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narhalles
Healing Then vs. Now
It is only my personal opinion that healing is in a state not yet ready for players to discuss. The wizards have made clear many times (Of which Teshuvah has pointed out already) that healing was meant to be fixed in various ways, and that the current fix was simply phase one of that fix, and that Rhialto had to leave. Which brings us back to the lack of Rhialto problem. But you can't say what needs to be fixed without seeing the results of the other phases of this patch.

*sigh* I'm afraid that was a terribly long post, most of which I am sure is incorrect in some way. But keep in mind that what we thought we knew in the past, isn't know what we will know in the future.

~Salkand-The mage who was born mature, but quickly grew out of it.