View Single Post
Old 03-24-2009, 09:19 AM

Narhalles has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

I just want to touch on a few points here.

Healing Then vs. Now

back in the good old days of 05-06 If you wanted to be competitive, kill monsters, pk, etc. you used minor healing with a couple of levels in Life magic and som inc. with a little med or just chugged med pots. I made a storm giant just to prove that this was unbalanced and over powered. How did I prove this? I did something no one though possiable. I meeled first 1 Monopod at level 10 then did so repeatedly with other players viewing me. No one thought it was possiable, yet I did it. Should a level 10 be able to melee a mono? NO! thus it was overpowered. Now I use max healing skill max meditation and chug potions of mana shield. Do I die? rarely. can I kill really supper tough monsters? not until I hit at least level 18. Overpowered? yes, but not as much. I think once AC works that healing + med + mana shield should be rebalanced, but for now, it is fine.

Language filters

I personaly started playing in 05. I was a teen and enjoyed the fact that there was a filter to stop people from swearing. I am an adult now and am in the Armed Forces now and I STILL ENJOY THE FACT THAT THERE IS A LANGUAGE FILTER! some of us have different moral standards then others, and I personaly would have no problem with MY kids playing this game, while I would NOT let them play most of the other ones in this genre until they were 18+ why? because of my personal beliefs.

Real life and why people no longer play

Most of the people that play now are younger. They don't work/have a family to support and have free time. I still have time to play now, but I am not sure I will have the time once I get married. However, a LOT of the high levels who got that way in years past have stopped playing for several reasons. This is just my opinion, but I have been around a while. A lot of them complain both here and in hte game anbout it being to "hard" or "difficult" to "make money" or "gain xp" EXCUSE ME, but, isn't it the developers perogative to make things as difficult or easy as they see fit? If you don't like it, adapt, ask for people for advice, move on. Whatever you do though, stop complaining, stop discouraging others from playing just because you are dissatisfied. If you don't like it move along. Please find a game that you like and play that instead.

sorry If I got a little heated there.

BTW. If anyone wants ingame advice/help PM Basik Ill be more than willing to give you as much help as I can.

Narhalles - Rak Tiger - Cavies - level 22
Sihon - Stone Giant - Unguilded - level 21
LifeLine - Pixie Swords man - Unguilded - level 12
EgoMachine - Halfing Whipper - Unguilded - level 19
IC - Frost Giant - Unguilded - level 10
StaticS - Storm Giant - Unguilded - level 16